Crockpot chicken and dumplings make dinner time a breeze thanks to the ease of the slow cooker. Enjoy delicious chicken and dumplings with hardly any effort at all and get dinner on the table fast!
Crockpot chicken and dumplings
I’m so excited to share with you our family’s new favorite comfort food – easy crock pot chicken and dumplings. I know many of you love our Crock pot Chicken pot pie recipe and this new recipe will not disappoint either!
It is the best crock pot chicken and dumplings with biscuits recipe you will find and so very simple to make. If you are in the mood for some easy but serious comfort food, then try this recipe out.
My kids loved it and said it was the best dinner! I would call that a success. If you want an even faster version, try our Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings.
When should I put my dumplings in a slow cooker?
Now you cook the chicken, cream of chicken soup, water, and the veggies in the crock pot all day. Then in the last two hours, you toss in the cut up canned biscuits.
Let it cook on high for one hour or on low for 2 hours. I was nervous at first, but it really did work.
The biscuits came out to be the most delicious dumplings. Next time, I might add in another 10 ct of canned biscuits with some more water, because my kids loved them so much.
This chicken and dumplings made with biscuits will not disappoint!
- Chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- Frozen mixed veggies (peas and carrots)
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Chicken broth
- Garlic salt
- Poultry Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Canned Biscuits (I use the cheap ones not grands)
How to make crockpot chicken and dumplings:
First, get your slow cooker out. If you work all day, you may want to invest in a programmable crockpot. They are awesome because you can set them to start later, or to stop and switch to warm once dinner is ready.
I also use a crockpot liner. They are so handy and make cleanup really easy.
Now that your crockpot is ready to go, add the chicken and veggies to it.
Next, add in the cream of chicken soup and seasonings. Pour the water and broth over the top. It is that simple!
Let this cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3. The chicken will be so tender.
Once the chicken has finished cooking, take it out of the crock pot and shred it. Then put the meat back in the crockpot.
Now it is time for the biscuits to go in. Cut up the biscuits and place on top of the mixture in the slow cooker. I like to use a pizza roller or kitchen scissors to cut the biscuits up.
Finally, allow the biscuits to cook on high for 60 to 90 minutes or low for 2 to 3 hours. Make sure to stir twice during that time.
That is all you do. I told you it was so easy!
Get the kids involved!
My kids LOVED cutting up the biscuits. We used a pizza cutter to cut them, which it just so easy to do.
I like to cut our biscuit into size pieces, but you can do what your family likes. Another great thing about this recipe is you can use what you have on hand.
Crockpot Chicken and Biscuit variations:
- I had some fresh carrots and fresh green beans, so I used those. However, canned veggies (drained) or frozen veggies will work too.
- You can change up the veggies as well. We have made it with peas, carrots, and celery and it was just as delicious!
- Feel free to substitute chicken thighs for chicken breasts. I have also mixed them together and it was good.
Tip for crockpot chicken and dumplings crockpot:
Save money and use the CHEAP canned biscuits that you can get for $.50 or less per tube. The off brand works great too.
We actually bought ours at Aldi.
Cost of this easy crockpot chicken and dumplings?
- 2 Chicken breasts – probably $1.50
- canned biscuit – $.50
- Carrrots and green beans – $1
- Cream of chicken soup and seasonings – maybe $1.00
- Water – nothing
Total cost – $4.00 – so more or less about $4 to feed my family of 6. Now my kids are starting to get bigger and we scraped the crock pot clean. I’ll probably need to make this 50% more next time to feed these hungry kiddos.
Everyone really loved this comfort food dish. I think you will love this recipe too.
Print this Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings recipe:
Crock pot Chicken and Dumplings
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz frozen mixed vegetables (peas and carrots only)
- 1/2 onion chopped finely
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz cans)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can biscuits (10 count)
- Place the chicken and veggies in the crock pot.
- Add in the cream of chicken soup and seasonings.
- Pour the chicken broth over the top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3.
- Once cooked through shred the chicken and place back into the crockpot.
- Cut up the biscuits into quarters and place on top of the other ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 60-90 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through (stir occasionally during this cook time).
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Make sure you check out all our Crock pot recipes here. I know you will find even more that you will love.