Did you know that you can actually freeze pasta?
I know that might seem silly for me to post how to freeze pasta but it can really help you out. When we cook pasta we like to make double or triple the amount we need. Then we freeze the left overs to use at other meals. On those future meals, instead of waiting to boil water, and then waiting another 8-10 minutes for it to cook, we just pop it in the microwave for 3-5 minutes and have pasta ready to eat.
Having pasta in the freezer is perfect when you need pasta with your crockpot meals. It helps you out even further on those crazy busy evenings.
How to Freeze Pasta
1. Cook the pasta according to the directions –
2. Drizzle with olive oil, butter, or butter spray so the pasta doesn’t stick.
3. Allow it to cool completely.
4. Place the pasta in the quart size freezer bags (or gallon size if you have a big family). My goal is to have enough pasta for one meal per bag.
5. Label with the date and then freeze.
How to use Pasta once it is frozen.
When your pasta is frozen it is now ready to be used for dinner at a later date.
- Thaw the pasta overnight in the fridge (you can skip this step if you want).
- Place pasta in a covered microwave dish. Top with some butter.
- Microwave on medium for 3-5 minutes until the pasta is heated up (microwave for an extra minute if pasta is still frozen).
- Eat with your meal.
It is really that easy to freeze and to thaw…. literally.
Here are a few recipes that you can use this pasta:
- Pepperoni Pasta – an easy 20 minute dinner idea!
- Parmesan Pasta – Easy 2 Ingredient Side Dish
- 20 Minute Dinner – Creamy Chicken Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes!
- Pepperoni Chicken Pasta Recipe
Here are some crockpot meals that you top on pasta. Freeze your pasta so you dinner becomes even easier that night:
Make sure you download my FREE Freezer guide that tells you want you can freeze, how long it will freeze, and how long it will last.