Make Instant Pot Chicken Gyro recipe for a meal that is easy to make and tastes amazing. The chicken is so tender and the homemade tzatziki sauce is out of this world!
Instant Pot Chicken Gyro recipe:
Everyone went crazy over our Instant Pot Beef Gyro Recipe so I wanted to share this pressure cooker chicken gyro recipe. We eat a ton of chicken and I’m always looking for new ways to jazz it up. This recipe did not disappoint.
Plus, the pressure cooker makes it so easy to enjoy this meal any time of the week. I used to think it was complicated to make a gyro recipe at home but now I know just how easy it is.
This recipe is so incredibly easy and super fast. You will love it and the chicken is so tender and packed with flavor.
The chicken tastes like it was slow cooked all day but really just took minutes! We have a really easy recipe for homemade tzatziki sauce that is amazing and so good with this recipe.
Instant Pot Greek Chicken:
Gyros always sounded like a complicated and fancy recipe to me. Once I found out how easy it was, I was amazed!
It is simple enough to make for busy weeks and everyone gets to enjoy a fabulous dinner. Once you see just how fast and easy this recipe is, you will make it frequently.
Our entire family loves these. You can top each gyro with lettuce and tomatoes and it is so delicious.
I like to drizzle extra tzatziki sauce on my gyros because that sauce is just so so good! You are going to love it and your family will gobble it up.
Even better, the homemade sauce is simple as well and only takes a few minutes to whip up. We are all about keeping things simple.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs or Chicken Breast
- Red Onion
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
- Dried Thyme
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
- 6 Pita Bread
- Tzatziki sauce
How to make Chicken Gyros in the Instant Pot?
- The instant pot makes this so quick and easy. Place everything but the bread and sauce in the instant pot.
- Add the lid and set the valve to sealing and cook on high pressure. We love how quickly these Chicken Gyros cook in the instant pot. Cook Time cook vary.
- Make sure to use the natural release option.
- Slightly shred the chicken into chunks.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of chicken the into the pita breads and spoon on the homemade sauce. If you need to thicken your sauce, you can use the saute function on the instant pot.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and your meal is complete.
- If you prefer you place your pita breads on a baking sheet to heat them up. Heat a few minutes per side of the pita. We love warm Chicken Gyros.
How to make Tzatziki Sauce:
- Greek yogurt
You only need a few simple ingredients for this amazing sauce. You can quickly and easily make this homemade sauce and it is so tasty.
The name sounds a little intimidating but it really is very simple to make. The seasonings blend together with the yogurt and cucumbers for a really amazing flavor.
I like to put a pretty generous drizzle of this sauce on my gyros. It is that good and just the best tzatziki sauce ever.
Can this be made in the Crock Pot?
Yes, this chicken gyro recipe can be made in the crock pot. The Crock Pot Chicken Gyro Recipe is just as as easy the Greek chicken instant pot recipe. I love using my crock pot on those morning that I remember to set something out or even have a meal prepped frozen.
This chicken gyro meal can be tossed in the morning and when you come home, dinner will be ready. These are my favorite kind of days.
Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes, the leftovers are easy to freeze. I wrap the leftovers in a plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. It will last about 3 months in the freezer.
When you are ready to serve again, just toss back in your instant pot with some chicken broth.
We actually think it taste better the next time we eat as all the ingredients had time to really marinate in with the chicken.
What to serve with Chicken Gyros?
Even though Chicken Gyros are a great meal served by it self. We do like to have a side. Here are some of our favorites:
- Serve the chicken mixture in warm pitas with lettuce and tomatoes. Then drizzle that yummy tzatziki sauce on top.
- Kalamata olives are also really good with it. The combination with the Tzatziki Sauce and the olives makes it a perfect gyro.
- Try adding little feta cheese on top of your Chicken Gyros. Feta Cheese is my favorite.
- We also love this chicken served as a Greek salad. Enjoy leftovers with a salad or if you are eating low carb.
- The Green seasonings are so tasty and it is a great meal with a little red wine vinegar.
- You can mix olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle on your gyro for a light dressing.
A Favorite Family Meal:
It is so simple but really filling and delicious. You will love it and so will the kids. The gyro meat is so tender and delicious and our entire family loves the tender chicken.
The kids go crazy over it and I love how easy it is. The chicken is so tender even though it only took minutes in the instant pot. This amazing dinner cooks in under 30 minutes.
That is faster than going through the drive-through. The chicken mixture comes together quickly in the pressure cooker.
The sauce is just as simple as well. I love that I can quickly mix that up while the meat is cooking. It is not complicated to enjoy a nice dinner with your family during the week at home. Everyone will love this dinner idea!
The kids have fun topping their gyros with veggies and sauce. It is a hit around here. This meal is always on our meal plan for the week.
Need Instant Pot Recommendations?
I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart. I personally have an Instant Pot and so far I am loving it. You can find the Instant pot on sale here. It’s really changed dinner time around here.
If you have been putting off trying an instant pot, I highly recommend going ahead and biting the bullet. I love using the pressure cooker when I don’t have much time.
It is perfect for frozen food or meals that normally take a while. You can toss everything in and have dinner ready in no time at all. Those days when you forget to take something out of the freezer or wait until the last minute for dinner, the instant pot is your saving grace.
I am not exaggerating when I say it truly has changed meal time around here. We love ours and it makes soup recipes even easier. You can also these Instant Pot Accessories to make pressure cooking a breeze. We just love to pressure cook and I am certain you will too.
Print this Instant pot chicken gyro recipe below:
Instant Pot Chicken Gyro recipe
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red onion sliced – half for cooking and half for topping
- 2 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 pita bread
- Tzatziki sauce (for serving)
- Place everything but the bread and sauce in the instant pot.
- Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure to 20 minutes.
- Do a quick release to release the pressure. Remover the lid.
- Slightly shred the chicken into chunks.
- Spoon the chicken the into the pita breads and spoon on the homemade sauce.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe