Instant Pot Italian Pork Chops Recipe makes dinner time a breeze even on busy weeknights. Everything you need for a delicious meal is in the pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Italian Pork Chops Recipe:
This delicious Instant Pot Italian Porkchops Recipe is a quick and easy one pot meal. Your family can enjoy this meal even on crazy nights when your schedule is packed.
In just 30 minutes, a complete dinner will be ready for your family to sit down and enjoy. The flavorful pork, tender potatoes and green beans will be a tasty dinner option for your family.
This all comes together for such a flavorful and amazing meal everyone is sure to love. You might think it was slow cooked all day when really it took just minutes in the pressure cooker.
Can I put Italian Seasoning on Pork Chops?
Italian Seasoning is the perfect seasoning for Pork Chops. Italian Seasoning blend combines basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme and other spices. It gives the pork chops so much flavor as well as the vegetables that are added.
I love how the Instant Pot cooks the ingredients to a tender, juicy, flavorful meal. This one pot meal is a family favorite.
- Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Russet Potatoes
- Frozen Green Beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Chicken Broth
How to make Instant Pot Italian Pork Chop:
- Prepare Instant Pot – Turn the instant pot to the sauté setting and add in the olive oil.
- Add in Pork Chops and Brown – Then add in the pork chops and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned (you may have to work in batches).
- Remove the Pork Chops – Once the pork chops are browned, remove the pork and turn off the instant pot. Scrape the bottom of the pot insert to get any browned bits off the bottom of the insert (this is important step as it could cause you to get the burn notice).
- Add Pork Chops – Once the browned bits are scraped off, add the pork chops back in the Instant Pot.
- Prepare Potatoes – Peel and quarter potatoes and lay on top of the pork chops.
- Add in Additional Ingredients – Top the pork chops and potatoes with the frozen green beans, seasoning, and diced tomatoes.
- Close Instant Pot – Add the lid, lock, and set to sealing.
- Begin Cooking – Set the pressure (high pressure) and cook for 13 minutes. Cooking time will vary as it may take up to 15 minutes depending on how thick your pork chops are.
- Quick Release – Do a quick release after the cook time to release the pressure from the instant pot.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve Immediately while here and enjoy!
Just put the pork chops in the instant pot.
Instant Pot Recommendation:
If you have never cooked with an Instant Pot, then this is the recipe I would start with. We love using our instant pot it has been a game changer for my family. It has saved me time and money.
I can place a freezer meal in the instant pot and in less than 30 minutes, dinner is served. I know my family is getting a healthy, delicious meal every night.
We love the variation ideas for this recipe. I usually use what I have to make this recipe work.
- Potatoes – Try using red potatoes instead of russet. Any type of potato you like will work.
- Change the Vegetables – Try using frozen mixed vegetables instead of green beans for a change.
- Mix in Onions – Add onions for even more flavor. I love the onions with the potatoes.
- Pork Chop Options – Either boneless pork chop or bone in pork chop will work in this recipe.
What to Serve with Italian Pork Chops:
Serving a side with this meal is optional. Since this recipe includes a protein, vegetable and a potato you definitely don’t need to add anything. But if you prefer, you can just do the pork chops in the Instant Pot and do the side separately.
- Mashed Potatoes – My kids love mashed potatoes. So instead of adding the potatoes to this recipe, I make a separate batch of mashed potatoes.
- Steamed Vegetables – You can steam some broccoli or squash which goes perfectly with these Italian Pork Chops.
- Garlic Bread – Garlic bread is a must with this recipe.
Can you overcook Pork Chops in the Instant Pot?
It is possible to overcook your pork chops in the instant pot. We recommend using a thicker cut of pork chops in the instant pot. There is a less chance of overcooking the thicker pork chops than if you are cooking a thinner one.
When picking out pork chops for the Instant Pot, I like to pick ones that are about 1 inch thick.
How to Store Leftovers:
We love these Italian Pork Chops leftover, especially the next day. All the seasoning really marinates together and they are still full of flavor for lunch the next day.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Easy Meal Idea:
Instant Pot Italian Pork Chops are easy and everyone will love this meal. Using the Instant Pot is the perfect to make this easy meal. We like to prepare this meal in a freezer bag and then place it directly in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Pork Chops are frugal and so tender and delicious. Pork chop Instant Pot recipes are easy and delicious are sure to be a hit.
Print this Instant Pot Italian Pork Chops recipe below:
Instant Pot Italian Pork Chops
- 6 Pork chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 Russet Potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 16 oz Frozen Green Beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 oz)
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Turn the instant pot to the sauté setting and add in the olive oil. Then add in the pork chops and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned (you may have to work in batches).
- Once the pork chops are browned, remove the pork and turn off the instant pot. Scrape the bottom of the instant pot insert to get any browned bits off the bottom of the insert (this is important step as it could cause you to get the burn notice).
- Peel and quarter potatoes. Lay on top.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Add the lid, lock, and set to sealing.
- Set the pressure (high pressure) to 13 minutes.
- Do a quick release after the cook time to release the pressure from th einstant pot.
- Serve Immediately while here and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe