Make Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken for the most flavorful and delicious meal. With only a few ingredients and your pressure cooker, dinner time is easy.
Instant Pot Chicken Verde Recipe:
If you are looking for a frugal but delicious meal idea, this recipe is the best. We recently showed you how to make Salsa Verde Baked Chicken. If you enjoyed that recipe, you will definitely like this chicken verde instant pot recipe.
The instant pot makes it all so quick and easy, dinner will be on the table fast and delicious. Verde Chicken Instant Pot is made with only need a few simple ingredients. This chicken and salsa verde comes together easily for the most amazing meal.
This meal is healthy and delicious while being so easy. Everyone will go crazy over this meal. If you don’t have a instant pot, try our salsa verde chicken crock pot recipe.
What is Salsa Verde?
Salsa Verde means green salsa and easy to make. It is made with tomatillos, onions, jalapenos, lime and cilantro. It is flavorful and perfection with many different recipes.
- Chicken Thighs
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Jalapeno
- Salsa Verde (try homemade Salsa Verde de Tomatillo Recipe)
- Chicken Stock
No complicated ingredients or time consuming recipes here. We are all for keeping it simple.
How to make Salsa Verde Instant pot Chicken:
- Put ingredients in the Instant Pot – Place everything in the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot – Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set Pressure – Set the pressure for 15 minutes.
- Quick Release – When finished, do a quick release to naturally release the pressure.
- Serve and Enjoy – Stir to combine and Serve over white rice.
Easy Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe:
If you are looking for an easy slow cooker chicken recipe then this is the one. This chicken can be shredded and used in many different recipes. The ingredients are easy and the crock pot does all the work.
The ingredients chicken thighs, basic pantry seasoning and jarred salsa verde that you can get at the grocery store. Toss everything in the crock pot. You come home to dinner done. Serve over rice, fill your favorite taco shells, or use it in enchiladas.
I love this recipe as it is a healthy meal that my family will eat. No need to make another meal for your family. Trust me, they will be asking for seconds.
How to Serve Salsa Verde Chicken?
There are many different ways to serve this Salsa Verde Chicken. That is why we love it so much. You can meal prep the chicken at the beginning of the week and use it in different meals. Here are some of my favorites.
- White Rice – Serve the shredded chicken over rice and top with shredded cheese.
- Burritos – Make shredded chicken burritos. Add in your favorite salsa, guacamole and cheese for an amazing meal idea.
- Tacos – Change up your tacos and fill them with this salsa verde chicken.
- Nachos – We love topping tortilla chips with this shredded chicken, top with shredded cheese and place in the oven.
- Burrito Bowls – Fill a bowl with rice, beans and salsa chicken for an amazing burrito bowl that is full of flavor.
- Chicken Enchiladas – Wrap up the shredded chicken a tortilla and top with cheese. Bake in the oven for amazing enchiladas.
Salsa Verde Chicken Instant Pot Tips:
- Budget Friendly Recipe – We love that this recipe requires easy ingredients. You can also use different types of chicken.
- Freezer Friendly – Prepare this meal ahead of time by placing everything in a freezer bag.
- Bake Recipe – You can bake Salsa Verde Chicken in the oven for an easy weeknight meal.
- Make a Soup in the Crock pot – Add in chicken broth to make a soup. Cook the chicken in the chicken broth then when the chicken is done, remove the chicken and shred. This makes a great soup.
- Add in different flavors – You can add some additional flavors by adding some fresh herbs or slice black olives.
What to Serve with Salsa Verde Chicken?
Salsa Verde is an easy meal and a great to way to add protein to your meal. It pairs well with many different sides. You can add a light side or even add multiple sides.
- Rice – Serve white rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice or cilantro rice.
- Beans – Add a side of black beans or refried beans for a filling meal.
- Vegetables – Roast some vegetables such as broccoli or zucchini for an easy low carb meal.
- Salads – Easy green salad with added vegetables for healthy side dish.
- Toppings – We love to top the salsa verde with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
- Use Different Chicken – We used chicken thighs, but you can use chicken breast or chicken tenders. You can even use frozen chicken breast.
- Change the Salsa – If you prefer you can use tomato based salsa instead of salsa verde.
- Add in Ingredients – We like to add in corn and black beans to the chicken.
- Change the Seasoning – Use taco seasoning instead of cumin for a tex mex flavoring. You can also add in onions and garlic powder.
- Add Cream Cheese – For a creamier texture add in some cream cheese.
- Change the Meat – We love the flavors of adding in pork with the salsa verde. The flavors combine with the seasoning, makes this so good.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers?
To store leftovers, place in an air tight container after it has cooled to room temperature. Place in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can I Freeze?
Yes, this recipe freezes great. Place in a freezer container or a ziplock freezer back after it has cooled. If frozen properly, chicken will last up to 4 months.
Why we love this recipe:
The main reason we love this recipe is the salsa verde that the chicken cooks in. The green is full of flavor and the perfect recipe for a healthy low carb meal. The combination of the simple ingredients of spices, chicken thighs and salsa verde makes this a crowd pleaser.
It has become a weekly weeknight meal. Because everyone can use the chicken in different ways. I know that a good meal as they head out to sports practice. You will love this easy chicken verde meal.
Pressure cooking has been a game changer for my family. This one is my favorite chicken recipe to make. This dinner can be ready in about 30 minutes.
Print Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken:
Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- 12 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 fresh jalapeno sliced thinly
- 1 can 14 ounces salsa verde
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Place everything in the Instant Pot.
- Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure for 15 minutes. When finished, do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Stir to combine and Serve over white rice.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe
I’m using a 6 qt. pressure cooker. Do you use low or high pressure? Also, I have a 3qt. Instant Pot. Would I cut this recipe in half to use the 3 qt?