This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Kickin Chicken Seasoning Recipe is loaded with flavor and the perfect seasoning blend to put on all cuts of meat.
We love making Homemade Seasoning Blends with simple spices. It is easy to make, takes minutes to prep and makes any cut of meat so delicious.
Table of Contents
Why We This Recipe Works
Kickin Chicken Seasoning has the perfect balance of heat that creates bold flavors to your chicken recipe. We add the dry rub to many cuts of meat which could be grilled, baked or fried.
This seasoning blend packs just the right amount of heat that everyone loves it. It is easy to store in an shaker to use all year long.
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Onion Powder
For the full recipe and ingredients, scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card.
Making homemade seasonings means you can change the blend to what you prefer without having ingredients that you can not pronounce.
Here are some suggestions that can be added or substituted.
- Sea Salt
- Celery Seed
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Brown Sugar
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – Mix together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Step 2 – Use seasoning to season your favorite type of protein.
- Used Dry Rub – Make sure to discard any of the rub that might have come into contact with any of the raw chicken.
- Fresh Ingredients – For the best results, we recommend using fresh spices. This will ensure that your blend will last at least 6 months.
- Combining Ingredients – Combine the spices together in a bowl with a whisk. This makes sure that there is no clumps before using or storing.
Frequently Asked Questions
This seasoning should be enough to season 3-4 pounds of protein. When we sprinkle the mixture on the chicken we usually use about 1 tablespoon for each cut of meat. It will depend on the size of your chicken.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in a cool, dry area of your pantry for up to 6 months.
This is the perfect seasoning for grilling chicken thighs but you can also use on turkey, vegetables, pork chops, or grilled hamburgers. We have even used it on meats baked in the oven and cooked in the smoker.
More Easy Seasoning Recipes
We love hearing from you. If you make this Kickin’ Chicken Seasoning, please leave us a comment or star review.
Kickin’ Chicken Seasoning
- Mix together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Use seasoning to season your favorite type of protein.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Make sure to discard any of the rub that might have come into contact with any of the raw chicken.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe