This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These Lucky Charms Cookies are made from scratch and filled with Lucky Charm Marshmallows. Light, chewy cookie and easy to make.
These Lucky Charm Cookies are a fun and festive cookie to make. The perfect cookie to make for St Patrick’s Day or just because. Loaded with Lucky Charm Marshmallow, this cookie recipe are easy to make with simple ingredients.
The cookies are made from scratch and is the perfect base to mix in your Lucky Charm Marshmallows. The bold and bright colors are perfect topped and mixed into this sugar cookie.
You may even want to serve these cookies this McDonald’s Shamrock Shake Recipe or with a glass of cold milk.
Table of Contents
What are Lucky Charm Cookies?
Lucky Charm Cookies are a fun and festive sugar cookies. My kids love the bight colored marshmallow in their favorite cereal. They are even better mixed in this sugar cookie recipe.
Make them year round but are a perfect St Patrick Day holiday treat. Surprise the kids after school with these cookies and a fun green punch.
- Unsalted Butter (softened at room temperature)
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Egg (room temperature)
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- White Chocolate Chips
- Lucky Charm Cereal Marshmallows (more for the tops of the cookies)
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Add Food Coloring – You can easily add some green food coloring to add to the St Patrick Day theme.
- Chocolate Chips – We add in white chocolate chips but you can leave them out.
- Melt Chocolate – Melt some candy melts and dip half the cookie in the melted chocolate.
- Ice Cream – Serve the cookie topped with ice cream. Mint chocolate chip would be a fun and festive dessert.
How to Make Lucky Charm Cookies:
Step 1 – Mix together wet ingredients – Cream the butter and sugar together with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla until just combined.
Step 2 – Combine Dry Ingredients – In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined with a stand mixer. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
Step 3 – Mix in Chocolate Chips and Marshmallows – Then fold in the white chocolate chips and Marshmallows (reserving some for the tops). Do not overman or the marshmallows may break down. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes but for no more than 1 hour
Step 4 – Place dough on Baking Sheet – Place approximately 2-3 inches apart and top the cookies with the extra lucky charms (4-5 per cookie).
- Step 7 – Bake the delicious cookie dough – Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are slightly golden brown around the edges (note: they may look slightly raw in the center).
- Step 8 – Let Cookies Rest – Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then move them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the delicious cookies are ready to serve and enjoy.
- Cookie Scoop – We recommend using a cookie scoop to place the cookie dough on the baking sheet. This keeps the cookies about the same size so they cook about the same time.
- Baking Sheet – Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. This makes it easy to remove the cookie and for easy clean up.
- Mixing the Ingredients – Make sure not to overmix the ingredients. This can create a tough texture cookie. Mix the ingredients until combined.
- Chill Dough – After combining ingredients, allow the dough to chill for about 30 minutes but for no longer. If you allow the dough to chill for long periods the dough starts to break down.
- Marshmallow – Reserve some marshmallows to top the cookie with as soon as the come out of the oven.
- Baking Cookies – We recommend to not over baking the cookies. We bake the cookies until they have golden edges then remove from oven. They will finish baking while on the baking sheet.
How long to Bake
These cookies do not take long to bake. After placing them on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place in the oven. Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes or until the edges are a golden brown. Remove from the oven and place on cooling rack.
If the cookies are still soft in the center, they will finish cooking while on the cookie sheet.
Cooking time will vary based on your oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are two ways that you can freeze cookies. You can freeze them after mixing the ingredients or freeze after baking them. For all the tips and tricks, check out How to Freeze Cookies for Baking.
Freezing cookie dough is a great way to save time and money. My family loves a delicious, warm cookie so I like to keep cookie frozen individually. This way I can take out the amount we need.
Store the leftover cookies at room temperature in an airtight container or bag for up to 5 days.
If you are planning to attend a party, these are the perfect cookies to make ahead of time. They would also be perfect to wrap up in gift bags for a take home gift.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
- Easy Raspberry Thumbprint Cookie
- Crock Pot Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Pistachio Cookies
This Lucky Charms Cookies recipe is the perfect holiday cookie. If you make it, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Lucky Charms Cookies
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Then fold in the white chocolate chips and Marshmallows (reserving some for the tops). Do not overman or the marshmallows may break down.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes but for no more than 1 hour (or the marshmallows in the dough could break down).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and use a cookie scoop to place the cookie dough on baking sheets approximately 2-3 inches apart and top the cookies with the reserved marshmallows (4-5 per cookie). Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are slightly golden brown around the edges (note: they may look slightly raw in the center).
- Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then move them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe