Save money and make homemade Root Beer Popsicles. Not only do these taste amazing but they are super easy. Give this treat a try!
Root Beer Popsicles
My question is… are you ready for a summer filled with with refreshing and frugal treats. One thing that my kids and I love to do is make different kinds of popsicles and Root Beer Float popsicles are one of their favorites.
The kids have a blast making them and they taste delicious – especially after a 100 degree type of day. 🙂
These are a money saver, because you wait and use the ice cream that you get on sale that week. Instead of paying $4 a box or more for specialty popsicles you can make them for $1 or less! Win win!
What ingredients do you need to make root beer float popsicles?
You only need 2 ingredients: Ice cream and root beer. Pretty simple right?
I told you it was easy! You can’t go wrong with this recipe and it tastes so creamy and delicious. The kids will love it!
You will need popsicle molds, but those are really inexpensive right now on Amazon. Besides these delicious Root Beer Float popsicles, you can make a a ton of fun popsicles this summer. These are definitely worth the small investment.
Here are a few of my favorite molds:
- Ozera Ice Pop Molds Maker, Set of 6, Green – I love the star shapes of these!
- Norpro 431 4-Piece Silicone Ice Pop Maker Set on sale right now. These are great because you can toss them in the freezer easily.
Find all the popsicle molds that are on sale right now here. You know we love a good deal!
If you need a set of molds, they are pretty inexpensive. Just order the one you prefer. You may want to order more than one set.
How to make root beer popsicles:
If you are using a mold that doesn’t include the stick, then you will need to use popsicle sticks. My problem with these is the sticks tend to float as it freezes.
To solve this problem, just let the sticks soak in boiling water for about 15 minutes before you use them. Problem solved!
There is no mixing required – you just alternate between the icecream and the root beer in your molds! It is that simple!
Doesn’t this just look delicious?
There is something so refreshing about root beer float popsicles on a hot summer day. The vanilla ice cream and root beer make such a delicious treat.
Once you see how very simple this is, you will never buy the store bought popsicles again. They look amazing and taste so delicious for a treat sure to impress!
Root beer popsicles are frugal and easy to make!
A small box of specialty popsicles can be pricey at the grocery store. You will save so much money making these at home.
If you have a lot of kids like I do, a box really does not last anytime at all. Make your own instead. It is so easy and you will make a ton more for much less money than the store.
I try to get the ice cream when it is on sale and this treat gets even more frugal.
By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. If you have a crazy schedule, it can even be accomplished during busy week with quick and easy recipes like this one.
Print this Root Beer Float Popsicles Recipe below:
Root Beer Popsicles
- Root Beer
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Popsicle Mold or disposable paper cups
- Popsicle Sticks if your mold doesn’t include themGet your Root beer ice cold before starting. I used cans and put them in my freezer for about 50 minutes.
- You are going to alternate layers of ice cream and root beer in the mold.
- Be careful – it may foam over so move slowly. Clean up any overflow.
- Insert Sticks and freeze overnight.
- Run mold briefly under hot water if needed to release popsicles easily from the mold.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy popsicle recipes:
- The BEST Homemade Watermelon Popsicles
- Super Easy Jell-O Popsicles- Only 2 Ingredients
- Homemade Healthy Popsicles
- Homemade Orange Creamsicle Popsicle Recipe
- Easy Cookies and Cream Popsicles