My question is… are you ready for a summer filled with with refreshing and frugal treats. One thing that my kids and I love to do is make different kinds of popsicles and this Root Beer Float popsicle is one of their favorites. The kids have a blast making them and they taste delicious – especially after a 100 degree type of day. 🙂
You only need 2 ingredients: Ice cream and root beer. Pretty simple right?
You will need popsicle molds, but those are really inexpensive right now on Amazon. Besides these delicious Root Beer Float popsicles, you can make a a ton of fun popsicles this summer. These are definitely worth the small investment.
Here are a few of my favorite molds:
- Ozera Ice Pop Molds Maker, Set of 6, Green – I love the star shapes of these!
- Ostart 8 Cell Frozen Ice Cream Pop Mold Popsicle Maker Lolly Mould Tray Pan Kitchen DIY – I like these because it has a tray and makes is easy to ONLY pull out one or two Popsicles.
- Norpro 431 4-Piece Silicone Ice Pop Maker Set on sale right now. These are great because you can toss them in the freezer easily.
Find all the popsicle molds that are on sale right now here.
If you are using a mold that doesn’t include the stick, then you will need to use popsicle sticks. My problem with these is the sticks tend to float as it freezes. To solve this problem, just let the sticks soak in boiling water for about 15 minutes before you use them. Problem solved!
There is no mixing required – you just alternate between the icecream and the root beer in your molds! It is that simple!
- Root Beer
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Popsicle Mold or disposable paper cups
- Popsicle Sticks (if your mold doesn't include them)
- Get your Root beer ice cold before starting. I used cans and put them in my freezer for about 50 minutes.
- You are going to alternate layers of ice cream and root beer in the mold.
- Be careful - it may foam over so move slowly. Clean up any overflow.
- Insert Sticks and freeze overnight.
- Run mold briefly under hot water if needed to release popsicles easily from the mold.
Doesn’t this just look delicious?
For another delicious treat, try Strawberry popsicles. They are a perfect treat for a hot summer day! The fresh strawberries come together to make a sweet and delicious frozen treat.
Check out these other delicious and frugal recipe ideas:
- Angel Food Cupcakes – Under 60 calories each!
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe
- Skinny Chocolate Cupcakes (only 80 calories each!)
- White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe