This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Sausage Kale White Bean Soup is loaded with flavor and easy to make. Load this soup with a selection of veggies, sausage and beans for the best soup.
Soup season is my favorite season. I love to make soup in the crock pot or in a large Dutch Oven pot on the stove. This Sausage Kale soup is one of my favorites because of the variety of ingredients.
Table of Contents
Why Make this Soup:
This white bean kale sausage soup is made with simple ingredients and taste amazing. The ingredients are cooked in one pot which makes it easier to clean up.
Serve this soup with a slice of crusty bread for a complete meal idea.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mild Italian Sausage
- Yellow Onion (diced)
- Ribs Celery (diced)
- Carrots (peeled and diced)
- Minced Garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
- Chicken Broth
- Kale (stems removed and chopped small)
- Parmesan Cheese (for serving)
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and recipe.
- Seasoning – Feel free to add in different seasoning. We love add in red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano and basil.
- Chicken Broth – If you prefer you can use vegetable broth insteand of chicken broth.
- Potatoes – Add in bite size pieces of potatoes for added flavor.
- Diced Tomatoes – For added flavor, add in a can of diced tomatoes.
How to Make Sausage Kale White Bean Soup:
Step 1 – Heat the olive oil over medium high in a large soup pot. Add in the sausage and cook into large pieces.
Step 2 – Add the celery and carrots to the pot into the sausage grease. Then sauté for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are tender over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Step 3 – Add the sausage back to the pan. Stir with a
slotted spoon in the salt, pepper, beans, chicken and chopped kale.
Step 4 – Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to the low. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the kale is wilted and cooked through. Serve warm topped with ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese. Then season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Kale Sausage White Bean Soup Recipe Tips:
- Sausage – Cook the sausage in a large pot. Then remove the sausage and leave the grease to cook the veggies.
- Cooking Soup – Cook the soup until the kale has wilted. This soup takes less than 15 minutes to cook. Which makes it the perfect weeknight meal.
Can you Freeze this Soup?
Place the soup in a freezer safe container after it has cooled to room temperature. If stored properly, the soup will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
When ready to serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat on the stovetop over medium heat to a simmer. Garnish with cheese and serve in a bowl
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Easy Sausage Soup Recipes:
If you make this white bean sausage kale soup, make sure to leave us a star review. We love hearing from you.
Sausage Kale White Bean Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 Yellow Onion diced
- 2 Ribs Celery diced
- 2 Carrots peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 cups Kale stems removed and chopped small
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in the sausage and brown into large pieces.
- Remove the sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add the onions, celery and carrots to the pot into the sausage grease and sauté for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sausage back to the pan. Stir in the salt, pepper, beans, chicken and chopped kale.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to the low. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the kale is wilted and cooked through.
- Serve warm topped with Parmesan Cheese and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe