Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe comes together with very little effort for the most creamy and delicious stew recipe. Each bite is so delicious and the perfect meal when you are craving comfort food.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe:
This delicious stew is loaded with so much flavor that you won’t be able to eat just one bowl. It is so creamy and delicious and your family will ask for this again and again.
If you loved our Crock Pot Chicken Stew Recipe then you are going to love this Creamy Stew. Our Crock Pot Green Chili Stew Recipe is also a popular recipe because of the green chilies. These recipes are packed with easy ingredients and so much flavor.
You might be wondering what makes this stew different? The ranch makes all the difference blended with the broth and the sour cream makes it so creamy.
It is like no other stew recipe and so amazing. Each bite is loaded with chicken, veggies and the best broth.
Easy Recipe for Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe:
We love using our crock pot for soups, stews and many different recipes. This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew is one of our favorites. It is packed with flavor and so easy to make.
All the ingredients are cooked in the slow cooker making this one pot meal the perfect weeknight meal. This recipe can be changed to what you have on hand. Use different vegetables, change the chicken, or add in different seasoning.
- Chicken Breasts
- Red Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- Salt & Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Chicken Broth
- Sour Cream
How to Make Creamy Chicken Stew in Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Place the chicken in the crock pot. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Step 2 – Add the onion, potatoes, carrots, green beans and celery to the crock pot.
- Step 3 – In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ranch dressing mix, chicken broth, milk and sour cream.
- Step 4 – Pour this mixture into the crock pot on top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Step 5 – Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until the chicken and potatoes are tender.
- Step 6 – Serve warm and enjoy.
What to Serve with Creamy Chicken Stew:
- Homemade Dinner Rolls – This meal is amazing with crusty bread so you can dip into that yummy broth. Pick up a loaf of french bread from the bakery or make these easy homemade dinner rolls.
- Cornbread – We have even made this easy homemade cornbread and served the soup with that. You can also try Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe for a little extra kick.
- Cracker and Cheese – When we serve soup, crackers and cheese always pair well with this soup.
- Grilled Cheese – Pair your soup with a grilled sandwich. I like to serve this soup with a sandwich when I am eating it for lunch.
Tips for Creamy Chicken Stew:
- Chicken Broth – Low Sodium Chicken Broth is what we used when making this soup. We liked that it reduced the salty flavor but you can definitely use what you have.
- Sour Cream – We recommend using full fat sour cream when making this recipe. It tasted better and the creamy texture is better.
- Chicken – Because we like this stew to be chunky, we dice up our chicken before adding to the crock pot. We try to keep it about the same size as the carrots and potatoes.
- Frozen Chicken – If you have been following for awhile you know I usually put my chicken in frozen. In this case, I use thaw chicken. Since we like this stew creamy, we like to place thawed chicken in this slow cooker.
- Instant Pot – This recipe can also be made in your Instant Pot. Using the instant pot has been a game changer for my family.
- Cooking Soup – We recommend cooking this stew on low. We like that it cooks is slow so that everything cooks evenly.
- Vegetables – We used carrots, green beans and potatoes in this recipe. But feel free to add in different ones.
- Carrots – We like using baby carrots since they don’t have to be peeled. But I do like to chop them in half before adding. You can use fresh carrots if you prefer. Just make sure to cut in about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Potatoes – We used red potatoes in this recipe. Gold potatoes or russet potatoes are also good options.
How to Cook on the Stovetop:
If you prefer to cook on the stove top, it is just as easy to do.
- Chop and prepare your chicken and vegetables according to the recipe.
- Place the chicken and vegetables in the large Dutch oven on your stove.
- Mix the broth and the other seasoning together and add to the pot.
- Simmer on high heat the ingredients together. Heat until the vegetables are cook tender and your chicken is done.
How to Store Leftovers:
Place your leftover in an airtight container. Refrigerate the leftovers for up to 3 to 4 days. This soup is delicious leftovers as the ingredients really marinate together overnight.
How to Reheat:
We recommend reheating on the stovetop. Add a little water or broth as the broth may be a little thicker after being in the refrigerator.
You can also microwave your leftovers in a microwave safe dish. Heat in 30 second intervals until heated.
Print this crock pot creamy chicken stew recipe below:
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 3 red potatoes (diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 8 oz frozen green beans
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place the chicken in the crock pot. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Add the vegetables to the crock pot.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ranch dressing mix, chicken broth, milk and sour cream.
- Pour this mixture into the crock pot on top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until the chicken and potatoes are tender.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Crock pot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe