This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwiches is delicious and easy to make thanks to the crockpot. Simple ingredients makes this hot roast beef sandwich a perfect weeknight meal.
Crockpot Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe:
Crock Pot Roast Beef Sandwich have become a staple weeknight meal for my family. Growing up getting a Hot Roast Beef Sandwich at our local diner was a must. Now I can easily make it at home and my kids can enjoy it so much more.
This slow cooker recipe is a simple dump and go dish. Making a roast in the crock pot is my favorite as the roast comes out tender, juicy and full of flavor.
There is no need to brown the roast before placing in the slow cooker. Just place it in the crockpot and let the crockpot do all the work.
The perfect weeknight meal or if you are feeding a crowd. The ingredients are simple and you can easily serve with some mashed potatoes and a green vegetable for a complete meal.
What Cut of Beef is best for Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches?
We used a beef rump roast in this recipe as it shreds perfectly and as the perfect amount of fat to keep it juicy. Chuck Roast is also a good option for this beef sandwich recipe.
You really can use any cut of meat to make this recipe. We recommend using what you have.
- Beef Rump Roast
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Beef Gravy Mix (1 oz each)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Beef Broth
- Thick Slices Sourdough Bread
How to Make Roast Beef in Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Place the roast in a 6 quart crock pot. Season it with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Step 2 – In a small bowl, whisk together the beef gravy mix, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Step 3 – Then pour this mixture on top of the roast in a crock pot.
- Step 4 – Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours until the beef is easily shreddable.
- Step 5 – Shred the beef. And stir the gravy in the crock pot.
- Step 6 – Serve the beef over the bread topped with the gravy from the crock pot and enjoy!
How to Serve Roast Beef:
This Roast Beef can be served in many different ways. These are our favorites:
- Bread – Serve over a slice of hoagie rolls, white bread or sourdough bread with extra gravy.
- Potatoes – We love to serve this shredded roast beef over mashed potatoes. You can also cook Yukon Gold Potatoes and leave them soft and serve this beef over them.
- Egg Noodles – Shredded beef and noodles is a family favorite comfort food.
What goes with Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches?
When we make this recipe we like to make easy side dishes.
- Roasted Vegetables – Roasted broccoli or asparagus is an easy side to serve with this roasted beef.
- Mashed Potatoes – Mashed potatoes are the perfect side to go with this roast beef. It is perfect as a side or serve the beef and gravy over the top.
- Homemade Rolls – Rolls are a must when make this shredded beef sandwiches. It is perfect to get every last drop of the gravy.
Slow Cooker Recommendation:
If you are needing to upgrade your slow cooker, then we recommend this Instant Pot Aura. We love it because of the many functions that it has and you can even brown meat in it.
This slow cooker is easy to use and we highly recommend it.
Recipe Tips for Slow Cooker Pot Roast:
- Beef – You can make this recipe with a chuck roast as well.
- Seasoning – We used simple seasoning, but you can change them to what you have on hand. Dry seasoning is great, but you can chop fresh onions and add minced garlic cloves for added flavor.
- Liquid Ingredients – Mix the liquid ingredients in a small bowl before adding to the slow cooker. Soy sauce can also be added for a deep flavor.
- Shred the beef – You can shred the beef with two forks, or you can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to shred the beef.
- Serving – Make sure to serve the shredded beef and gravy together. The way the bread soaks up the gravy is my favorite part.
- Potatoes and Carrots – Feel free to add potatoes and carrots to this recipe for a complete meal idea.
How to Serve Leftovers:
We love having this shredded roast beef for leftovers. You can easily serve over bake potatoes for an easy weeknight meal.
I love to set up a toppings bar and everyone can load up their baked potato however they like. It is a fun meal idea and one that everyone always likes.
It would also be easy to make into quesadilla or to top your favorite nacho recipes. You can also add barbecue sauce to the shredded beef sandwiches.
So many tasty ideas for this tender juice beef. Feel free to add whatever you like.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We enjoy this shredded beef even more the next day. The gravy really marinates in the beef to give it more flavor.
Easy Roast Beef Sandwiches:
This is shredded roast beef sandwiches are perfect to serve on hoagie rolls for dinner. It is also great for sliders if you want to serve smaller portions.
We love doing sliders for parties, game day and more. It is also a great size for little hands if you have younger children.
When the beef is shredded it really goes along ways when feeding a crowd. This recipe is budget friendly and as you can see, many ways to serve it.
Print Recipe here for Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwiches:
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Place the roast in a 6 quart crock pot. Season it with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the beef gravy mix, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Then pour this mixture on top of the roast in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours until the beef is easily shreddable.
- Shred the beef. And stir the gravy in the crock pot.
- Serve the beef over the bread topped with the gravy from the crock pot and enjoy!
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe