This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Everyone loves this Crock pot sesame beef recipe and the beef is so tender and flavorful. The ginger is amazing with the brown sugar and the beef. The combination makes a delicious meal.
Slow Cooker Sesame Beef Recipe:
As you know, we love using the slow cooker and this beef recipe does not disappoint. The beef has the most wonderful flavor and everything blends together for the best meal.
The sauce is loaded with brown sugar, garlic, soy sauce and more to make every last drop so tasty. I could literally eat this sauce by the spoonful because it is seriously that good.
You are going to love it! The slow cooker does all the work for this meal and you can set it and forget it!
A good crockpot is a must:
I love crock pot cooking and I have several crock pots.
If you are in the market for something new, I really love my Instant Pot Auro Crock Pot . The nice thing about this one is that you can brown in it as well.
I also really like this crockpot. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crock pot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing!
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal already done!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
- beef roast
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
- minced garlic
- ground ginger (See The Best Ginger Substitutes)
- beef broth
- sesame oil
- green onions (See How to Cut Green Onions and The Best Green Onion Substitutes)
- sesame seeds
- white rice
How to make Crock Pot Sesame Beef:
- First, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, beef broth, minced garlic, sesame oil and ginger in a bowl.
- Next, place the beef in the crock pot. Top with half the green onions and pour the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Cover and cook. Let the crock pot do all of the work. You know it is done with the beef falls apart.
- Once the beef is tender, it is time to thicken the sauce. Whisk the cornstarch with water. Then pour into the crock pot and whisk into the sauce.
- Allow it to sit and thicken. Finally, turn off the crock pot and top with sesame seeds.
How to serve Sesame Beef:
There are multiple ways to serve this sesame beef slow cooker recipe.
- Serve over cooked white rice or brown rice and top with the rest of sliced green onions.
- Top with shredded carrots for an added crunch.
- Serve over tortillas to make Asian Beef tacos.
- You can also steam broccoli in the microwave for a quick and easy side dish. It is so simple goes great with this recipe.
- If you like spicy dishes, top this beef with red pepper flakes when serving.
What type of beef should I use?
We normally use beef roast in this recipe. However, you can try using flank steak to make slow cooker flank steak teriyaki.
The chuck roast or a brisket would also be really good. Both of these cuts of meat will get very tender when cooked in a slow cooker.
If you do not prefer red meat, you can also make this with chicken instead. Follow the same process and slice the chicken breasts or thighs to make a delicious meal with chicken.
Try sesame beef and broccoli slow cooker!
Add broccoli to the slow cooker for another idea. Stir the broccoli into the slow cooker for the last hour of the cook time.
This is a great way to get more veggies in your diet and it tastes amazing from being slow cooked with the sauce.
This slow cooker sesame beef is so delicious. You can even try using the instant pot if you are short on time.
If your family likes a good stir fry recipe, try this meal for an easy way to enjoy sesame beef. The soy sauce brown sugar mixture is simply amazing!
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
How to Freeze:
The leftovers of this sesame beef freeze great as well. Store in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
To defrost, place the mixture in a crock pot on low for 1-2 hours.
Print this crock pot sesame beef recipe below:
Crock pot Sesame Beef
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, beef broth, minced garlic, sesame oil and ginger in a bowl.
- Place the beef in the crock pot. Top with half the green onions, and pour the mixture on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
- You know it is done with the beef falls apart.
- Once beef is tender, it is time to thicken the sauce. Whisk the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Then pour into the crock pot and whisk into the sauce.
- Allow it to sit and thicken.
- Then turn off and top with sesame seeds.
- Serve over cooked white rice and top with the rest of sliced green onions.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
MORE ASIAN RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- Asian Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Panda Express String Bean Chicken Recipe
- Easy Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe