Asian Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps is a must try recipe. Not only is it healthy but it is so amazing the entire family will go crazy over these wraps.
Asian Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
You are going to love copycat PF Chang’s Asian Chicken Wraps. Once you learn to make this chicken lettuce wrap at home, you will see how simple it is. The Asian combination of seasoning gives the ground chicken the most delicious flavor.
Combine that with the crispy lettuce leaves and you have a really tasty meal idea. This is such a light and flavorful meal. Perfect for when you want something that isn’t too heavy but packed with amazing flavor.
Prepare these healthy chicken lettuce wraps for a fraction of the cost at home. With very little effort, this meal comes together quickly and easily. This is a great recipe to serve your family or a crowd.
Easy Asian Chicken Recipe:
We love making Asian Chicken Recipes. These Chicken Wraps are one of my favorite. The ingredients are simple and loaded with flavor. Plus this is one of go-to low carb recipe.
I can pile the seasoned chicken high in the lettuce and have no guilt. My kids can even eat the Asian chicken over rice and enjoy this meal also. I like to double the recipe to have leftovers to be used in many different meals.
This ground chicken can also be made into an amazing chicken fried rice. I like to mix it with white rice but cauliflower rice works great also.
Lettuce wraps seem really fancy and they can be pricey at a restaurant. However, you can easily make these at home in just a few easy steps.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ingredients:
- Ground Chicken
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Onion, diced
- Hoisin Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Sesame Oil (The Best Sesame Oil Substitute)
- Sriracha Sauce
- Water Chestnuts
- Head Butter Lettuce
- Green Onions
How to Make Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- Cook Ground Chicken – In a medium skillet add the ground chicken with the onion and garlic in olive oil. The onion and garlic will give the chicken the best flavor.
- Mix Chicken with Remaining Ingredients – Once browned add in the rest of the ingredients including hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar except the lettuce and the green onions.
- Serve over lettuce and Enjoy – Spoon onto the butter lettuce leaves. Top with chopped green onions and serve.
- Chicken – You can use diced chicken breast or chicken thighs instead of ground chicken.
- Change the Protein –These lettuce wraps also work great with ground beef or steak. You can also use ground turkey or mix them together.
- Oil Option – We used Olive Oil and Sesame Oil in this recipe, but you can also use peanut oil or avocado oil depending on your diet restrictions.
- Soy Sauce – If you are looking for a gluten free option, you can use coconut aminos. It is a great substitute for Soy Sauce.
- Brown Sugar – If you want the chicken mixture to have a bit of sweetness, mix in a tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Water Chestnuts – If prefer not to use water chestnuts, but still want that crunch use chopped walnuts or peanuts. You can also leave it out.
- Wrap Options – Instead of lettuce use a whole wheat wrap, tortilla, or a pita. We love the variations you use this tasty chicken.
How do you Cut Lettuce for Lettuce Wraps:
To prepare the lettuce for the lettuce follow these easy steps.
- Place the Butter Lettuce on a Cutting Board.
- Cut the bottom of the lettuce off.
- Then peel the lettuce leaves off and wash and dry.
How do you Make Lettuce Wrap from Falling apart?
The best way to keep the seasoned ground chicken from falling out of the lettuce wrap is the way you wrap it. Place the seasoned chicken in a lettuce leaf that is large enough to hold your chicken.
Then wrap both side of the lettuce around the chicken and fold the end of lettuce up tightly. Then begin eating the open end of the wrap. We also try to make sure that the lettuce is not ripped and is a full piece before using it as a wrap.
Asian Chicken Wrap Tips:
- Make it Spicy – If you prefer your Asian Chicken to be spicy, mix in some red pepper flakes or add in more sriracha sauce.
- Add in More Vegetables – We recommend adding in some vegetables to the mix. Mushrooms, beansprouts, shredded carrots are a great option.
- Make in Advance – If you prefer, you can make this ground chicken mixed with the ingredients ahead of time. Then load your lettuce when you are ready to serve.
What to serve with lettuce wraps
Lettuce wraps are so versatile and go with lots of different side dish options. Just serve what your family enjoys the most.
Which Lettuce is Best for Wraps?
Butter lettuce is the most common lettuce used for wraps. It seems to work the best because it is durable and makes it easier to put the wraps together. They hold up while you are eating and seem very durable.
These are some other suggestions to use for Lettuce Wraps:
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Romain Lettuce
What is Butter Lettuce?
Butter lettuce is a type of lettuce that has thick but loose leaves that are perfect for making wraps. This type of lettuce is also sometimes called Bibb or Boston lettuce depending on where you live.
How to Store:
To store leftovers, store the seasoned ground chicken and lettuce separately. Place in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator. The ingredients will stay fresh up to 3 to 4 days.
Why We Love this Recipe:
- Easy to Make – We love recipes that have easy ingredients and simple to make. The best part of this recipe it is guilt free.
- Topping Variations – There are many different ways to serve these lettuce wraps. We love adding fresh vegetables for that extra crunch.
- Easy Meal Idea – This meal to be served for lunch or dinner.
- Clean up is easy – Since everything is combined in one pan, makes for an easy cleanup.
Print this Asian Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe below:
Asian Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 can water chesnuts drained and diced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 3 green onions chopped
- In a medium skillet brown the ground chicken with the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Once browned add in the rest of the ingredients except the lettuce and the green onions.
- Turn the stove to low and stir for 5-10 minutes or until all the flavor as combine.
- Spoon onto the butter lettuce leaves.
- Top with chopped green onions and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Asian Chicken Recipes:
- Panera Bread Asian Sesame Chicken Salad Recipe
- Crock Pot Orange Chicken Recipe
- Panda Express String Bean Chicken Recipe