This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Air Fryer Turkey will save you time in the morning. The turkey comes out perfectly crisp and it is a healthy alternative to regular bacon.
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon:
We love making turkey bacon. We have cooked it in the microwave and on the skillet. Which results in grease splatter stove top and a skillet to clean. Making air fryer turkey saves time and a messy kitchen.
Turkey bacon is a healthy alternative to regular bacon in fact my kids prefer over it regular bacon. It cooks up perfectly crispy in the air fryer and can be served as a side or topped on your favorite bake potato.
I can place the turkey in the air fryer and make other stuff. There is no need to stand over a skillet and cook your bacon. Just simple place in the air fryer and walk away. It is that easy.
Does Turkey Bacon Crisp up?
Yes, it does turn crispy. It will depend on how long you leave it in the air fryer but my family loves crispy bacon. Make sure to place bacon in a single layer in the air fryer to ensure all sides get cooked.
Ingredients You Need:
- Turkey Bacon
How to Cook Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer:
- Prepare Air Fryer – Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then run the air fryer for 5 minutes at 360 degrees F.
- Add Bacon to Air Fryer – Place the bacon in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer. You can easily place however many will fit without overlapping.
- Cook Bacon – Cook for 5 minutes at 360 degrees F. Cooking time will vary.
- Flip Bacon – Then flip the bacon and cook the bacon for 4-5 more minutes depending on how you like your bacon. 4 minutes for softer bacon and 5 minutes for crispier bacon.
- Cool Bacon – Place on a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- Crispy Bacon – Bacon will continue to get crispy as it cools.
- Continue cooking the rest of bacon – Continue this process until all the bacon is cooked.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then serve warm and enjoy!
How Long to Cook Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer:
Cooking turkey bacon in the air fryer doesn’t take long. It is perfect for when you need an individual serving and can quickly cook for your side. Cook bacon for about 5 minutes and flip then cook for additional 5 minutes.
Depending on how crispy you want it, cook it less or more than the 10 minutes.
Turkey Bacon Air Fryer Tips:
- Serving Size – The serving size is for 2 pieces of bacon. Your air fryer will probably hold about 3 pieces at a time.
- Single Layer – When adding the turkey bacon to the air fryer, make sure to place in a single layer. This ensures that the entire bacon cooks.
- Turkey Doneness – Every air fryer is going to cook differently. Watch turkey bacon closely while cooking it. It may not take as long and make note of it for cooking bacon in the future.
- Turkey Bacon Options – We recommend using turkey bacon that is uncured meaning it doesn’t have nitrates in it. We like Applegate or Butterball which are both uncured turkey bacon.
How to Serve Air Fryer Turkey Bacon Recipe:
- Breakfast – If you are looking for a healthier option for bacon, make turkey bacon.
- Protein Snack – If you are needing more protein in your diet, turkey is the perfect afternoon snack.
- Turkey Bacon Sandwich – Make a turkey bacon sandwich. Add lettuce and tomatoes for the ultimate BLT sandwich.
- Top Bake Potato – We love making loaded bake potatoes. Crumble cooked pork bacon on top for added flavor and crunch.
How to Store Air Fried Bacon:
This bacon is best served fresh but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Air Fryer Cooking:
We have love making food in the air fryer. I was hesitate to try it as I thought surely it can’t be as good as a traditional fryer but I think it might be even better! Now I love cooking in the air fryer.
Essentially, the air fryer moves air quickly over food similar to broiling it in an oven that it gives the food a similar tastes to food that has been fried in oil. It is crispy and delicious without all of the oil.
We cook frozen foods, chicken wings, and leftover pizza in an air fryer. It is easy enough for my kids to cook something in it with limited supervision.
Print Recipe here for Air Fryer Turkey Bacon:
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- 12 Turkey bacon slices
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then run the air fryer for 5 minutes at 360 degrees F.
- Place the bacon in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer. You can easily place however many will fit without overlapping.
- Cook the bacon for 5 minutes at 360 degrees F.
- Then flip the bacon and cook the bacon for 4-5 more minutes depending on how you like your bacon. 4 minutes for softer bacon and 5 minutes for crispier bacon.
- Place on a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- Bacon will continue to get crispy as it cools.
- Continue this process until all the bacon is cooked.
- Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Crispy Air Fried Hashbrown Recipe
- Air Fryer Donut Holes
- Air Fried Bacon Recipe
- Biscuit Air Fried Donuts Recipe