BLT Pasta Salad is always a crowd pleaser. There is something about that creamy ranch dressing combined with the bacon and veggies that make this so delicious.
BLT Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is one of my favorite side dishes and this BLT Pasta Salad is amazing! I could make a meal out of just this because it is so flavorful and delicious.
It is also SO frugal. I can make a huge batch of this for a cookout for very little. Plus, it is so tasty that everyone always wants the recipe.
I would say that is a win all around. 🙂 This is definitely a must try recipe.
Tips for blt pasta salad recipe:
This recipe like many calls for diced onions. Another time saving tip is to use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop the onions.
If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver and you can get the veggies really fine if you have children that are picky.
I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take the diced onion out of the freezer for recipes.
This is how I meal prep. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
What To Put in Pasta Salad:
- bacon cooked crisp and diced
- pasta cooked and cooled (bowtie or rotini)
- ranch dressing
- cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- cheddar cheese shredded
- red onion diced
- romaine lettuce
- fresh parsley for garnish –optional
How to make blt pasta salad:
Start out by whisking together the mayonnaise and ranch dressing.
In a large bowl assemble the pasta, tomatoes, cheese, red onion, lettuce and bacon.
Pour the dressing over and toss to combine.
Garnish with parsley and serve.
It is that easy to make!
This is the best side dish. If you like a blt sandwich, you will love this blt pasta salad!
What is good with pasta salad?
This pasta salad goes with just about anything! I can literally just eat a bowl of it alone and be satisfied. It is so good!
Another easy and delicious side dish we love is this easy baked beans recipe. So good!
Other ideas to try:
- You can substitute a portion of they mayo with sour cream.
- Try using turkey bacon in the recipe.
- Any type of pasta will work in this blt pasta salad recipe.
- Add any veggies you like!
How to store BLT pasta:
I like to store the pasta salad in a clear bowl so you can see all of the pretty colors from the tomatoes and other ingredients.
The pasta salad is gorgeous in a glass bowl or even a trifle dish is pretty.
Now, if I am taking this pasta salad to a pot luck or cookout, I like to use one of these plastic bowls with lids. These are so handy for traveling and the lid keeps everything mess free.
We have several of these we use for taking this to go. I haven also lucked up before and found a large plastic container with lid at the dollar store!
Print this easy blt pasta salad recipe below:
BLT Pasta Salad
- 10 slices bacon cooked crisp and diced
- 16 oz pasta cooked and cooled bowtie or rotini
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Whisk together mayonnaise and ranch dressing
- In a large bowl assemble the pasta, tomatoes, cheese, red onion, lettuce and bacon.
- Pour the dressing over and toss to combine.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy pasta salads you have to try:
- Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- Classic Italian Pasta Salad
- Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 21 Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes