This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Creamy cucumber tomato salad is easy to make and so creamy. This is the perfect side dish and budget friendly. This creamy salad is packed with fresh ingredients and spices.
Do you need an easy side dish that can feed a crowd with very little work? This cucumber salad is the recipe to make. If you enjoyed our creamy cucumber salad, or Cucumber Tomato Salad you will love this new recipe with tomatoes.
This fresh cucumber and tomato salad is one of my families side dish recipe. It is packed with flavor and the best salad to take to your next BBQ or holiday dinner.
Table of Contents
Why We Love this Recipe:
Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipes is perfect to make ahead of time. This creamy salad is packed with fresh vegetables and seasoning to make a healthy salad.
We love that the ingredients are simple and a great way to use fresh vegetables from your garden. The creamy texture and the refreshing taste makes this the ultimate side dish.
- Long English Fresh Cucumber (You can use regular cucumbers as well)
- Medium Tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Dill (See The Best Fresh Dill Substitutes)
- White Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
For the full recipe and ingredients, scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card.
- Grilled Chicken– This creamy dressing with the cucumber and tomato salad is delicious with grilled chicken. You can serve it on top of the salad or on the side. It is a great way to use leftover chicken.
- Cucumbers – The recipe calls for English cucumbers and I definitely prefer this type. However, you can use regular cucumbers as an alternative. Make sure to scoop out the seeds if using regular cucumbers. Because it will water down the salad and make it soggy.
- Onions– Try other types of onions such as red onions or sweet Vidalia onions. The flavor will change a little if using different onions. It is a nice way to try new things or use what you have on hand.
- Sour Cream – Not in the mood for something creamy? Omit the sour cream and make this Cucumber Tomato salad recipe. It is just as simple but all vinegar based instead of sour cream.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Feel free to use other types of tomatoes. Cherry Tomatoes are easy to use, but we still recommend slicing them.
- Dressing – Squeeze fresh lemon juice in the dressing for added flavor.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Prepare Cucumbers – First, peel the cucumbers and slice them. I normally cut them into 1/4″ slices and then cut the slices in half.
- Step 2 – Prepare Tomatoes – Next, cut the tomatoes into small pieces. You can do any size you prefer but I like to cut them into bite size pieces.
- Step 3 – Combine Creamy Sauce – In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, fresh dill, vinegar, sugar, salt and garlic powder. Whisk until this mixture is combined really good.
- Step 4 – Mix in vegetables to sauce – Finally, add the cucumbers, tomatoes and onion slices to the dressing. That is all you need to do to make this salad.
- Step 5 – Place salad in Fridge – Put in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. It is best served cold. Season with salt and pepper for added flavor.
- Slicer – Use a mandoline slicer to slice the cucumbers. It is so handy and you definitely will get a lot of use out of this. While it is certainly not necessary, it is very convenient to get thinly sliced cucumbers fast.
- Preparing Vegetables – Slice and prepare vegetables in bite size pieces. Try to remove as much as the pulp and seeds from the tomatoes. This helps to keep the salad from getting to wet and diluting the dressing.
- Dressing Ingredients – Combine the sour cream dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Mix the ingredients together until full combined.
- Adding Vegetables – Make sure to cover the vegetables with the dressing mixture.
Can you Make it in Advance?
I prefer to make this an hour ahead of time and put in the fridge. It is better made in advance so the flavors can blend.
I try to always make it in advance. It is so handy to just get out of the refrigerator when we need it.
I love making this cucumber tomato creamy salad when we are grilling out and for a holiday side dish. I serve this with many different meats or just as a mid afternoon snack.
These are some of my favorites.
- Grilled hot dogs
- Leftover Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Mahi Mahi Recipe
- The Best Blackened Tilapia
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you have problems with your cucumbers getting soggy, add salt to the cucumbers. The salt draws out the moisture in the cucumbers to help them from getting soggy.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 to 3 days. We think it taste made ahead of time.
The leftovers will last up to 3 days stored inside an air tight container.
More Summer Salad Recipes:
- Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Classic Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- Easy Creamy Greek Salad Recipe
- Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
If you make this Creamy Tomato Cucumber Salad, make sure to leave us a comment. We love hearing from you.
Creamy cucumber tomato salad
- Peel the cucumbers and slice the cucumbers into 1/4″ slices. Cut the slices in half. Then cut the tomatoes into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine the sour cream, fresh dill, vinegar, sugar, salt and garlic powder together in small bowl.
- Toss the cucumbers, tomatoes and onion slices together with the dressing.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then serve cold.
- Recipe Notes:
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe