Creamy cucumber tomato salad is easy to make and so creamy. This is the perfect side dish and budget friendly.
Creamy cucumber tomato salad
Do you need an easy side dish that can feed a crowd with very little work? This cucumber salad is the recipe to make. If you enjoyed our creamy cucumber salad, you will love this new recipe with tomatoes.
It is perfect to make when veggies are plentiful and the Farmer’s Market has an abundance of produce on sale. I love making this when we have tons of cucumbers from the garden. However, it is so budget friendly that we really make it all year long.
This salad is always a hit and everyone asks for the recipe. No one can believe how simple it is. The flavor is amazing and I think the fresh dill really brings it all together.
- Long English Cucumber
- medium Tomatoes
- sour cream
- fresh Dill
- White Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
How to make Creamy Cucumber Tomato salad:
- First, peel the cucumbers and slice them. I normally cut them into 1/4″ slices and then cut the slices in half.
- Next, cut the tomatoes into small pieces. You can do any size you prefer but I like to cut them into bite size pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, fresh dill, vinegar, sugar, salt and garlic powder. Whisk until this mixture is combined really good.
- Finally, add the cucumbers, tomatoes and onion slices to the dressing. That is it!
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. It is best served cold.
How long does it last?
The leftovers will last up to 3 days stored inside an air tight container.
CAN YOU MAKE IT IN ADVANCE?
I prefer to make this an hour ahead of time and put in the fridge. It is better made in advance so the flavors can blend.
I try to always make it in advance and it is so handy to just get out of the refrigerator when we need it.
More ideas to try:
- Grilled Chicken– This creamy dressing with the cucumber and tomato salad is delicious with grilled chicken. You can serve it on top of the salad or on the side. It is a great way to use leftover chicken.
- Cucumbers – The recipe calls for English cucumbers and I definitely prefer this type. However, you can use regular cucumbers as an alternative. Make sure to scoop out the seeds if using regular cucumbers because it will water down the salad and make it soggy.
- Onions– Try other types of onions such as red onions or sweet Vidalia onions. The flavor will change a little and it is a nice way to try new things or use what you have on hand.
- Not in the mood for something creamy? Omit the sour cream and make this Cucumber Tomato salad recipe. It is just as simple but all vinegar based instead of sour cream.
- Use a mandoline slicer to slice the cucumbers. It is so handy and you definitely will get a lot of use out of this. While it is certainly not necessary, it is very convenient to get thinly sliced cucumbers fast.
What to serve with Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Salad?
- Grilled hot dogs
- Leftover Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Mahi Mahi Recipe
- The Best Blackened Tilapia
Print this creamy cucumber tomato salad recipe below:
Creamy cucumber tomato salad
- 1 Long English Cucumber
- 3 medium Tomatoes
- 1/2 Onion Sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh Dill chopped
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Peel the cucumbers and slice the cucumbers into 1/4″ slices. Cut the slices in half. Then cut the tomatoes into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine the sour cream, fresh dill, vinegar, sugar, salt and garlic powder together in small bowl.
- Toss the cucumbers, tomatoes and onion slices together with the dressing.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then serve cold.
- Recipe Notes:
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Summer salad recipes:
- Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Classic Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- Caesar Salad Dressing recipe
- Easy Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe
- Easy Creamy Greek Salad Recipe
- Roasted Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
- Broccoli cranberry salad