Jazz up traditional chili and make this easy Crockpot taco chili for an easy one pot meal. Everyone can choose their favorite toppings for this recipe that is sure to be a hit.
Try this for Mexican Monday!
I came up with this recipe on accident. I didn’t know what we should eat so I shopped the pantry and freezer. I just started throwing things in the crockpot on a day we had the cold spell and it turned out great.
The results? We created crock pot taco chili. The taco seasoning really spices things up and make it so flavorful. The entire meal is so easy and really budget friendly.
You might also like Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe for a delicious twist on traditional chili! It’s so good!
- ground turkey or ground beef – Mine was already browned and frozen . Learn how to freeze ground beef and save so much time in the kitchen.
- beans -canned works fine but we actually freeze beans and use those to save money. You could use any kind but I would suggest kidney, pinto, or black beans.
- onion – This is optional but the flavor it adds is so worth it. Sometimes I also add in bell pepper too. It goes great with the onion.
- crushed tomatoes – If you like things a little spicy, try using the tomatoes with green chilies mixed in. Rotel is a great substitute.
- salsa – I like the chunky kind because the extra veggies really add to this dish. Just use what you prefer.
- Homemade taco seasoning or ½ packet of store taco seasoning – Homemade taco seasoning is so easy and you can make a ton to use when needed.
- garlic salt – garlic powder will work as well if you are cutting back on sodium.
How to make crock pot taco chili:
- 1. Put everything into the crock pot. It is that simple!
- 2. Next, cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- So easy! Enjoy!
Taco chili topping ideas:
- Crushed tortilla chips or corn chips
- Shredded cheese – cheddar, mozzarella and colby are great options.
- Veggies- diced tomatoes and avocado
- hot sauce
- green onion or diced red onion
- sour cream
Slow cooker taco chili is freezer friendly.
- To freeze, brown your meat and allow to cool. Place all the ingredients (except chips and cheese) in a gallon size freezer bag. I like to use these awesome gallon size bag openers to make life a lot easier. Then freeze solid.
- To cook later when you need it – allow it to thaw some overnight in the fridge. Place in the crock pot and cook for about 7-9 hours. These are great because you can make several meals in minutes and have them ready for those busy days.
- This recipe is easy to double. You can do this if you have a large family or if you just want extras to freeze to enjoy later. Now since my family is big, I always double this recipe. I used one pound of ground beef and one pound of ground turkey (your family won’t notice). Then instead of using 2 cans of the same beans, I use one can of black and one can of kidney. It works out great and it tastes amazing!
This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights.
Since my beans and the meat were ready in the freezer, there was literally no prep work. That is my kind of meal! Your family can enjoy a great meal with very little time or work. Plus, you are saving money too and everyone gets a delicious meal.
Print this taco chili recipe below:
Crockpot Taco Chili
- 1 pound Ground Beef (browned and drained)
- 1 can Black Beans (15 oz can) Rinsed and Drained
- 1 can Kidney Beans (15 oz can) Rinsed and Drained
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 1 cup Corn
- 2 can Crushed Tomatoes (14 oz. cans)
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Water
- Place all the ingredients in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low to 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve topped with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.
More easy chili recipe:
- Quick Chili Recipe
- Crockpot Chili Recipe
- White Chicken Taco Chili Recipe
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe
- Delicious ground Turkey Chili recipe
- Crock Pot Chipotle Chili Recipe
- Crockpot Chili Mac and Cheese
- Easy Frito Chili Pie Instant Pot Recipe
- Slow Cooker Vegetable and Beef Chili Recipe
- One Pot Tex-Mex Chicken Chili