Enjoy homemade Cookies and cream ice cream recipe with only 4 ingredients. This is so easy and turns out creamy and delicious. No ice cream maker needed!
Cookies and cream ice cream recipe
Homemade ice cream is so fun to make. Don’t let the idea of making this intimidate you. You don’t need any fancy supplies or ingredients for this no churn recipe.
Just a few simple ingredients and anyone can make this decadent ice cream at home. It is the best! The oreo cookies really add to it and each bite is just so yummy.
- sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla Extract
- heavy whipping cream – cold
- Oreo Cookies – chopped
You can use any chocolate sandwich type of cookie you like. We just love Oreo cookies!
How to make cookies and cream ice cream:
First, put the Oreo Cookies in a large ziplock bag. Make sure it is sealed tightly. Crush the cookies by using a wooden spoon or you can use a rolling pin.
I would not use a food processor because you do not want the cookies finely crushed. They should be chopped into large pieces.
Second, combine the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
Now, get a separate bowl and pour the heavy whipping cream into it. Mix this using a hand mixer or stand mixer until you start to see stiff peaks form. This normally takes 2 to 3 minutes.
Finally, stir in by hand the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture until everything is combined well. Just be careful to not overmix. Fold in the crushed Oreo cookies and that is it!
We used a 9 inch loaf pan. Pour the mixture into this and cover. Let this freeze for at least 6 hours.
Scoop and enjoy!
Tips for cookies and cream ice cream:
- Allow at least 6 hours for this ice cream to freeze. I actually like to make it the day before I plan to serve it.
- If you have leftovers, store in a freezer safe container up to 3 months in the freezer. Ours never lasts that long since we eat it pretty fast.
- Mixer – I really like my kitchen aid stand mixer but a hand mixer is great too for this ice cream recipe.
- Make homemade ice cream sandwiches. This ice cream is yummy on chocolate chip cookies . Just put a scoop of cookies and cream ice cream in the middle of two cookies. Freeze and enjoy a chocolate sandwich later! My kids actually prefer this to store bought ice cream sandwiches. What’s not to love about homemade cookies sandwiched with ice cream?!
- Ice cream sundae bar– We do this frequently for parties, movie night or anytime we need a fun but easy treat. Cookies and Cream ice cream flavor is always a hit! Set out your favorite toppings and everyone will love this idea.
- Hot Fudge Sundae. We love to make Oreo Brownies and top them with this ice cream. They are amazing warm and the cold ice cream sinks into the brownies. It is a ton of oreo flavor and always so decadent.
No churn ice cream with oreos will be a hit!
It really is so simple and no ice cream maker needed. It is not hard at all to make this and the results are smooth and creamy.
Skip store bought ice cream and make this creamy vanilla ice cream with oreo cookies instead! You can actually use this as an ice cream base and replace the oreo cookies with other add ins. Feel free to try other cookies, candy or fruit.
Let us know if you try something new. Leave a comment so we will know how everything turned out. The kids love to help so we are always making something new!
You can’t go wrong with homemade ice cream. Yum!
We have so much fun trying new ice cream flavors.
Print this no churn cookies and cream ice cream recipe:
Enjoy homemade Cookies and cream ice cream recipe with only 4 ingredients. This is so easy and delicious. No ice cream maker needed!
- (1) 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 10 Oreo Cookies Coarsely chopped
Place the Oreo Cookies in a large ziplock bag. Seal it tightly. Use a wooden spoon to crush the cookies. You do not want them finely crushed, you want them crushed into large pieces for the ice cream.
Then mix together the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
Pour the heavy whipping cream into a separate bowl and mix with a stand up mixer or hand held mixer for 2-3 minutes until it holds stiff peaks.
Gently stir the whipped cream into the sweetened milk mixture until well combined and be careful not to over mix. Then fold in the Oreo cookies.
Then spread the mixture in a 9 in loaf pan. Cover with foil and freeze for at least 6 hours.
Then scoop out with an ice cream scoop and enjoy!