Instant pot steak soup recipe can be ready in just minutes and will impress even the pickiest of eaters. Each bite is filling and packed with steak and yummy noodles.
Instant pot steak soup recipe
There is something so comforting about a warm bowl of soup once the weather gets cool. Pressure cooker steak soup is a hit with our entire family and so easy to prepare.
The soup is full of tender and delicious steak that will leave everyone satisfied. It is the best recipe and one of our family favorites.
It is really filling so don’t shy away from making it if you are concerned about serving soup. I have a few family members that are not huge soup fans and they loved this.
They could not believe how filling it was and gobbled it up. It was a hit with everyone.
The soup is so easy to make that it’s no problem to make this often. Everyone gets excited when they see this soup on the menu plan for that week. It is perfect for any night of the week since you can pressure cook this in minutes.
- Round Steak
- Onion Soup Mix
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Beef Broth
- Medium egg noodles
How to make Instant pot steak soup
1. First, place everything into the pressure cooker except the egg noodles. It really is just that simple.
2. Next, just stir all of the ingredients together. You want all of the seasonings well combined with the broth and steak.
3. Finally, cover and set the valve to sealing. Make sure it is set to high pressure for 20 minutes.
4. When the cooking time is finished, do a quick release or natural release to release the pressure.
5. The last step is to add the noodles. Then press the saute button and let the noodles cook for about 5 minutes until they are soft.
Serve and enjoy. Salt and pepper to taste.
What to serve with steak soup
You can also pick up a loaf of bread from the bakery. Anything will be great.
This easy recipe for beef soup is so delicious and you can get every last drop of the soup when you dip the bread into it.
It is also delicious served with a simple side salad. We usually just serve it with bread and call it a day.
The tender beef combined with the egg noodles and beef broth make one of the best comfort foods. Everyone will enjoy this steak potatoes combination.
- Steak. Sometimes I just use what we have or what is and tender. on sale. I have made this recipe with other cuts of beef and it was just as good.
Some ideas include chuck roast or beef stew meat.
- Pasta. I have also used other pasta like penne or even elbow macaroni. Just use what you have because any type of pasta will be great.
- Veggies. Toss in frozen vegetables to this soup. Frozen corn and peas would taste great. I would use ½ cup of each.
Mushrooms also taste great with the steak and pair nicely with carrots celery or anything you like. You can also add a bay leaf but make sure to remove it before serving.
- Tomatoes. Change the flavor a little bit and also bulk up the soup by adding a can of diced tomatoes. You can also add a can of tomato paste.
- Omit the pasta. Skip the pasta all together and add 2 cups diced potatoes and 1 cup chopped carrots instead.
- Crock Pot. No worries if you do not have a pressure cooker yet, try Slow Cooker Steak Soup Recipe in your crockpot.
- Stove top. Add ingredients to pot and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Reduce to low after bringing to a boil and continue cooking for an hour.
How to thicken this soup:
Make a slurry once the soup has finished cooking. You will need a tablespoon of cornstarch and a tablespoon of water. Whisk this together until is it smooth and without any clumps.
Add to the soup and in a few minutes, the soup should have a thicker consistency. You can keep repeating this process until it is how thick you like it.
How to store leftovers:
Leftover soup can be stored in the fridge up to 2 to 3 days. Just make sure to use an airtight sealed container.
To reheat, place in the microwave or use the stove top.
You can also freeze the soup for 4 to 5 months. I like to use freezer bags because they lay flat.
This saves me so much room in my freezer. Another tip is to freeze the soup in individual servings for quick lunches or dinners when the entire family is not eating.
My favorite Instant Pot.
I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart. I personally have an Instant Pot and so far I am loving it.
You can often find the Instant pot on sale. It’s really changed dinner time around our house.
If you have been putting off trying an instant pot, I highly recommend going ahead and biting the bullet. I love using the pressure cooker when I don’t have much time.
It is perfect for frozen food or meals that normally take a while. You can toss everything in and have dinner ready in no time at all.
Those days when you forget to take something out of the freezer or wait until the last minute for dinner, the instant pot is a game changer.
Make this easy steak soup.
Serve this delicious soup for your family any night of the week. It is perfect for cooler weather but we actually enjoy it year round.
The recipe is budget friendly and a great way to enjoy steak for less money. You can easily feed a large family or crowd steak soup inexpensively.
Everyone will be happy, satisfied and ready to put this on the regular menu plan rotation.
This soup is a must try and I am so excited for you to make it. I am pretty sure it will turn everyone into fans of soup once they taste the steak.
Print Steak soup recipe below:
Instant Pot Steak Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds round steak (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 6 oz uncooked medium egg noodles
- Place all the ingredients, except the egg noodles in the Instant Pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and set the valve to sealing.
- Set to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When finished, do a natural release to release the pressure from the instant pot.
- Remove the lid and stir in the noodles.
- Switch the instant pot to the the sauté setting and cook the noodles for about 5 minutes until they are the tenderness that you prefer.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe