This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
You are going to be in for a fun treat with this quick and easy Lucky Charms Treats Recipe. Your kids will think that you are the best Mom on the block with this fun twist on traditional Rice Krispie treats.
Sure, you can use St. Patrick’s day as a good excuse to make these, but let’s be honest, every day is a good day to make this Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats Recipe. The kids will keep begging for more.
Even though my kids are getting older they still enjoy fun treats and decorations to celebrate the holidays and St. Patrick’s Day is no different.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
These gooey marshmallow treats make the perfect after school snack or holiday dessert. We make these treats all the time because of the how delicious they are and you only need a few ingredients.
They are a quick and easy snack recipe and being a mom of 8 kids we make them for every occasion.
You only need 3 ingredients to make this delicious and easy recipe.
- Mini Marshmallows
- Lucky charms Cereal
I promise, these cereal bars are not hard to make and your entire family will love them. Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Melted Chocolate – These treats are even better with drizzle melted white chocolate or milk chocolate on the top before serving.
- Chocolate Chips – Feel free to add in white chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips for added flavor and texture.
Step by Step Instructions
Ok now that you are prepared with all the ingredients needed, let’s continue to learn how to make these delicious lucky charms rice krispie treats.
- Step 1 – Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then add in the marshmallows. Heat and stir constantly until all the butter and marshmallows are melted and combined.
- Step 2 – After the marshmallows have melted, remove from heat and stir in the lucky charms cereal into the large pot until they are well combined. Be careful when storing in the cereal, so you do not break the cereal pieces.
- Step 3 – Then spray a 9×13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray so that the treats do not stick to the pan or line the dish with parchment paper.
- Step 4 – Next spoon the lucky charms treat mixture into the pan and gently spread it out as evenly as possible in the pan. I use either a spatula or wax paper to gently press them out into the pan evenly.
- Step 5 – Allow the marshmallow treats to cool for an hour or until hardened. Then cut into perfect sized pieces and enjoy!
- Cereal Mixture – When pressing the cereal mixture into the prepared pan, we recommend using a spatula or wax paper. This helps to create an even layer and prevents having sticky hands.
- Rest Mixture – Before serving the Lucky Charm Treats, allow the treats to cool for at least an hour at room temperature.
- Cutting Treats – You can cut the cereal bars in different sizes. If I am serving a crowd, I will cut into smaller pieces.
How to Store
I keep these lucky charms marshmallow treats covered in an airtight container at room temperature and they will last up to 1 week even though I don’t think that they’ll last that long. They barely lasted a few days in my house.
I do not recommend storing these lucky charms bars in the refrigerator as it will dry them out and they will not be as gooey and chewy.
Can you Freeze
Yes, you can freeze these treats in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 2-3 months. To defrost, let them sit at room temperature until fully defrost.
These bars do freezer easily but I think that they are best enjoyed fresh.
More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
More Marshmallow Treats
- Carmel Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispy Treats Recipe
- No Bake Cinnamon Corn Flake Cereal Bars Recipe
- No Bake Cheerio Bars Recipe
- Quick and Easy Fruity Pebbles Bars Recipe
If you make this Lucky Charms Cereal Bars Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review. We love hearing from you.
Easy Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats Recipe
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Lucky charms cereal
- In a pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir frequently until it has melted completely.
- Stir in the lucky charms.
- Pray a 9×13 pan with non stick spray.
- Spoon the lucky charms treat into the pan and spread out.
- Allow it to cool for an hour or until hardened. Then cut into perfect sized pieces.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe