Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs comes together quickly and easily for a great dinner idea. Toss this together in the morning and come home to creamy and delicious meatballs ready to enjoy for the best meal.
Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs Recipe
We are always looking for simple weeknight dinner ideas and this Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs recipe does the trick. Not only is it so easy because the crock pot does all of the work but it tastes like the best comfort food.
This recipe starts with frozen meatballs and combines with steak sauce, sour cream and broth to make this meal amazing. We love to serve over egg noodles with a side of vegetables to make this meal complete.
The creamy sauce and the flavorful meatballs makes this the perfect weeknight meal. This recipe is easy to double and even better leftover. If your family loves meatballs as much as mine, this is a great recipe to serve.
What is different about Swedish Meatballs?
Swedish meatballs are cooked in a rich cream sauce that often includes sour cream. The sauce is so amazing and once you try it, you will make it again and again.
Meatballs are usually served in a tomato base sauce but we like this creamy flavorful sauce that gives these frozen meatballs so much flavor.
Ingredients you need for Swedish Meatballs:
- Bag Frozen Meatballs
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Dry Onion Soup Mix
- A1 Steak Sauce
- Beef Broth
- Sour Cream
- Egg Noodles
How to Make Swedish Meatballs in a Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Place the meatballs, mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and steak sauce in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Step 2 – Pour the beef broth over the top.
- Step 3 – Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or cook on high for 3-5 hours. Cooking time will vary.
- Step 4 – 30 minutes before ready to eat, mix in the sour cream.
- Step 5 – In another pot boil your egg noodles according to the directions.
- Step 6 – Serve the meatballs over the egg noodles.
- Step 7 – Salt and pepper to taste.
What to Serve with Swedish Meatballs?
- Egg Noodles – I recommend serving with egg noodles. But if I don’t have egg noodles, any type of noodles would work.
- Rice – White Rice would be a good option to serve with these Swedish Meatballs.
- Mashed Potatoes – Make a batch of creamy mashed potatoes to serve these creamy Swedish Meatballs over the top.
- Roasted Vegetables – We always like to serve a side of roasted vegetables such as broccoli or asparagus.
Can this Recipe be Doubled?
Yes, this is the perfect recipe to double and to feed a crowd. Make sure you slow cooker is large enough to fit all the ingredients if you are doubling the recipe.
If plan on doubling the recipe, you may need to make a batch on the stove top and then place in the slow cooker to warm. This would be a great option if you are feeding a crowd.
Can the Meatballs overcook in the Slow Cooker?
One of our favorite reasons we love meatballs is because they cook so well in the slow cooker. Frozen meatballs stay moist and soak up all the flavors that they are cooked with.
I would still watch your cooking time, but they stay perfectly if you are feeding them at a pot luck. Just place your slow cooker on the warm setting and they stay at the perfect temperature.
Can I just Make my Own Meatballs?
Yes, you can make your own meatballs if you prefer. This Homemade Meatball Recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients. It is easy to change the ingredients to what you prefer or what you have on hand.
Homemade Meatballs would taste amazing with this creamy sauce. We used frozen meatballs because of the convenience but making homemade meatballs is very easy.
Swedish Meatball Tips:
- Sauce – If your sauce is to thin, you can always add in more cornstarch to make it thicker.
- Red Pepper Flakes – We like to add a little spice to the sauce you can add in red pepper flakes. It adds so much flavor.
- Meatballs – Make your own meatballs or use any type frozen meatballs if you prefer.
- Instant Pot – You can make this recipe in the Instant Pot if you prefer.
- Mixing Ingredients – You can add the ingredients straight to the slow cooker or you can mix them in a large bowl and then add them.
- Slow Cooker Recommendation – If you are needing a good crock pot, we recommend this Instant Pot Aura. It has many functions, but we really love that you can program the slow cooker.
What type of Meatballs do I use?
You can use any type of meatballs or brand of meatballs. There are many different flavors to choose from, so use what your family loves.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store these Swedish Meatballs is easy to do. Place the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. When you are ready to reheat, we prefer to reheat on the stove top.
You can also microwave in a microwave safe dish in 30 second intervals.
How to Freeze:
Because of the creamy sauce that these Swedish meatballs are cooked in, it always doesn’t freeze well. When the sauce is thawing or reheated the gravy usually separates.
But you can definitely try by placing the ingredients in a freezer safe container. I would serve within about 3 months to ensure freshness.
Why you will love this Swedish Meatballs Recipe:
- Easy Ingredients – This recipe only requires a few ingredients and it starts with frozen meatballs.
- Simple Process – All the ingredients gets added to the slow cooker for an easy meal idea. We love that the slow cooker does all the work.
- Family Favorite – Everyone loves meatballs in my family. I even love serving for a crowd.
- Flavorful – We love that these Swedish Meatballs are bursting with amazing flavor.
Print this Easy Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs recipe below:
Crock pot Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 1 bag frozen meatballs 1.5 lbs
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup 10.75 oz
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup a1 steak sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 16 oz package of egg noodles
- Place the meatballs, mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and steak sauce in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Pour the beef broth over the top.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3-5 hours.
- 30 minutes before ready to eat, mix in the sour cream.
- In another pot boil your egg noodles according to the directions.
- Serve the meatballs over the egg noodles.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Slow Cooker Meatball Recipes
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Meatball Subs Recipe
- Crockpot Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Crock Pot Honey Buffalo Chicken Meatballs