Try Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Meatballs for a really easy meal that everyone will love. With just a few simple ingredients, these tangy Hawaiian meatballs are great for parties, family dinner and more.
Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Meatballs:
The slow cooker does all the work for these flavorful sweet and sour meatballs with pineapple and BBQ sauce. Sweet and savory combine for the best tangy slow cooker Hawaiian meatballs!
The barbecue sauce is amazing. Your family will go crazy over this easy recipe. You literally throw everything in the crock pot and that is it.
Plus, it is only a few ingredients. This recipe is SO simple but the results are so delicious.
Crowd Pleasing Meatballs:
We love to make these for family dinner but they are just as amazing served at parties. They make the perfect appetizer or party food. They are so simple so you can spend even more time with your guests. It is a win all around.
We have made these and also Slow Cooker Teriyaki Meatballs Recipe for parties and they are always a big hit. Whether you are hosting a birthday party or it is Game Day, these meatballs do not disappoint.
These Pineapple BBQ Meatballs have the perfect flavor. This recipe only requires a few ingredients and the results are amazing. It is a great appetizer.
Ingredients for Hawaiian Barbecue Meatballs:
- Frozen Meatballs
- BBQ Sauce
- Pineapple Chunks
- Minced Garlic
I told you it was SO simple. You won’t find any complicated ingredients here.
How to Make Hawaiian Meatballs in Crock Pot:
- Add Ingredients – Put everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours. I pour in the pineapple juice as well.
Easy Meatball Recipe:
This is my go to recipe when I need to literally just toss and go in the mornings. I can put this together in just minutes and have a great meal waiting for us when we get home.
We save a ton of money because I’m not tempted to grab take out on busy days. Or when we are running to various sports activities. I love coming home to a great meal to feed my family.
Can you Double the Recipe?
Yes, doubling this Meatball Hawaiian recipe is easy to do. Use two crockpots when feeding a crowd for a game day party or family gathering. We always double the recipe when serving a crowd.
This Hawaiian BBQ Meatball recipe is the perfect meal. Serve as an easy appetizer or as a main meal idea. Everyone can dish how many they want or place them on a platter with a toothpick inserted in them.
Should I Thaw Meatballs before putting in Crockpot?
No need to thaw the meatballs. Just put them in the crock pot frozen and let the slow cooker do all the work.
This is the perfect meal to make when you forgot to set something out for dinner. Toss in a frozen bag of meatballs and cook for a few hours with the other ingredients and dinner is done.
Can Hawaiian Meatballs be made on the Stove?
Yes, this meatball recipe can be made on your stove. If you are short on time cooking on the stove is the best option. This is perfect if you need to get get dinner done fast.
- Heat Sauce – Begin by putting the BBQ sauce, pineapple, and minced garlic in the sauce pan.
- Add Meatballs – Add meatball to the sauce and stir to coat. Make sure they meatballs are thoroughly covered with the sauce.
- Cook – If meatballs are thawed, heat for about 8 to 10 minutes. If meatballs are frozen, heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve – Serve meatballs over rice on as a sub sandwich.
What to serve with BBQ Pineapple Meatballs Crockpot Recipe:
- White Rice – The meatballs are so delicious served over rice. You can pour the BBQ sauce over the rice and it is so good.
- Roasted Vegetables – Keep things simple and just add a simple side salad. You could also serve Roasted Green Beans. Learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a super easy veggie side dish.
- Mashed Potatoes – I think mashed potatoes would also be delicious. You can spoon the sauce over the mashed potatoes. This is one of our favorite side dishes.
Variation ideas for Hawaiian Meatball Recipe
- Add Grape Jelly – Hawaiian meatballs with grape jelly is such a classic recipe and always a hit.
- Pineapple Preserves – Meatballs with pineapple preserves are so yummy and the preserves really add a ton of flavor.
- Bell Peppers – Add bell peppers to the recipe we love that the peppers go great with the sweet and sour sauce.
- Green Onions – Top with green onions before serving.
- Brown Sugar – If you prefer a hint of sweetness, add in a tablespoon or two of brown sugar.
- Pineapple – You can use slice pineapple or crushed pineapple as well.
- Soy Sauce – For a little Asian flavor, add in a tablespoon of soy sauce.
The sweet and savory sauce goes great with lots of different additions. Try several and see what your family likes best.
How to Store Leftovers:
To store leftover Hawaiian BBQ Meatballs, place them in an air tight container. If properly stored, cooked meatballs will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
How to Freeze:
Allow the Hawaiian BBQ Meatballs to cool completely. Place the cooked meal in a freezer bag or a freezer safe container. It will be safe to eat for 3 to 4 months in the freezer. Do not re-freeze after thawing.
You reheat in the crock pot, stove top, or in the microwave.
Print this Crock Pot BBQ Meatballs Recipe below:
Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Meatballs
- 3 lbs bag frozen meatballs
- 3 cups bbq sauce
- 1 pineapple chunks can (2 oz.)
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Place everything in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve over rice!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Crockpot Meatball Recipes:
- Crockpot Meatball Stew Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Meatball Subs Recipe