Crock pot sweet and sour meatballs have a delicious combination of flavors that you will love. Serve over rice, pasta or even mashed potatoes for a quick dinner. They also make a great appetizer as well.
Make dinnertime easy with Crock pot sweet and sour meatballs!
I have another fun and easy crockpot recipe that will make hectic weekdays so much better. Today we are making crock pot sweet and sour meatballs.
Now, I didn’t think I was a big fan of meatballs, but then I made this. My kids devoured it and I’m not going to lie… I really loved it too.
The flavor is out of this world. It is sweet… and sour… well, I guess so hence the name. I think it is the combination together that really makes this so special.
The kids could eat them by hand if they wanted but we loved it served over rice. The rice just soaked up that yummy sauce making dinner an all around win.
Let’s get started!
- Brown Sugar – learn how to make brown sugar here.
- Corn Starch
- Soy Sauce
- 1 Package of Frozen Meatballs – You will find these at any grocery store in the freezer section.
How to make crock pot sweet and sour meatballs:
1. First, mix together the brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and corn starch.
2. Second, put the meatballs in the slow cooker. I prefer the meatballs to still be frozen.
Tip: I like to use crock pot liners to make clean up easy. Oh and if you need a new slow cooker, I love this programmable crock pot for days that we will be away.
3. Next, add the pineapple and diced bell peppers. Pour all of that yummy sauce over everything.
2. Finally, cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. That is really it!
You can cook on high for 3 to 4 hours but I really like to use the low setting. The sauce really blends and becomes a glaze. It’s amazing.
What to serve with meatballs:
- Rice– You can make crock pot rice or instant pot rice. We even freeze rice to use during busy weeknights. It’s a game changer.
- Pasta– any type is delicious. Try penne, elbow, bow tie or whatever you have in the pantry.
- Mashed potatoes- Make them in the crock pot or instant pot for the creamiest potatoes.
- Veggies – I like to add a green veggie for good measure. Oven roasted asparagus is so delicious dipped in the sweet n sour meatball sauce. The kids actually will eat their vegetables without complaining thanks to this tasty sauce. Broccoli in the microwave is another easy side dish.
This sauce is so delicious that you can basically put it on anything and it will be great!
Slow cooker sweet and sour meatballs would also make an easy meatball appetizer recipe.
Not only is this delicious for dinner but it is perfect for parties, game day and more. Serve these slow cooker sweet and sour meatballs for an easy and tasty appetizer.
The pineapple and peppers add so much flavor to the meatballs and everyone will want the recipe. Make this easy sweet and sour sauce that will turn plain frozen meatballs into something fabulous.
If you are going to serve these as an appetizer, you can use toothpicks and make these easy to enjoy as finger food.
Are you going to try these crockpot meatballs?
Try all these other crock pot recipes too. Dinner time will be so easy when you use the slow cooker.
Print this sweet and sour meatballs crockpot recipe below:
Crock pot Sweet and Sour meatballs
- 1 package Frozen Meatballs 32 oz.
- 1 can Pineapple Tidbits Do Not Drain
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 TBSP Corn Starch
- 3 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Cut into large pieces
- Whisk together the brown sugar, ketchup, rice vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Place the meatballs, pineapple and diced red bell peppers in a 6 quart crock pot. Pour the sauce mixture over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-2.5 hours.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Tailgating with this recipe today! Cooked on high for 3 hrs and then transferred to Purex portables! Yumm. ??
That is perfect!
The best meatballs ever!
Love the freezer crockpot meals. So easy. A friend gave me a couple in ziplock bags after my second daughter was born. Brilliant. We’ve been hooked ever since. This one we use at least twice a month. My picky eaters love it. I add broccoli or edamame to it
I did this recipe yesterday so that supper was already done when I got out of work. I just added the rice and some veggies. I also had to double the recipe since this one says it feeds 6. I usually have to make enough for 12 servings, because everyone goes back for seconds. Everyone loved the recipe and we will definitely be making it again, maybe with chicken this time.
What if I don’t have rice vinegar, can I replace with another vinegar?
I would use white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar if you have those available.
Love, Love, Love these meatballs! We had them over rice & they were so good! I tend to think they were even better as leftovers which is a bonus!
I go to dialysis 3 times a week and get home in the late afternoon. There are times I’m to tired to cook. So I use my crackpots on my dialysis days. I am constantly looking for recipes for the crockpot that I can start in the crockpot before I leave that don’t require a lot of ingredients, are easy and that my husband enjoys also. This recipe checked every square in the box. I started it cooking before I left and by the time I got home all I had to do was make the rice. Delicious, quick, and easy. I can’t wait to try the other recipes.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing
Awesome! I’m so glad you enjoy them Sherri!
Love this, last night I was so short on time that I used bottled sweet and sour sauce and it worked great!
So glad you enjoyed it!