Crock pot sweet and sour meatballs have a delicious combination of flavors that you will love. Serve over rice, pasta or even mashed potatoes for a quick dinner. They also make a great appetizer as well.
Make dinnertime easy with Crock pot sweet and sour meatballs!
I have another fun and easy crockpot recipe that will make hectic weekdays so much better. Today we are making crock pot sweet and sour meatballs.
Now, I didn’t think I was a big fan of meatballs, but then I made this. My kids devoured it and I’m not going to lie… I really loved it too.
The flavor is out of this world. It is sweet… and sour… well, I guess so hence the name. I think it is the combination together that really makes this so special.
The kids could eat them by hand if they wanted but we loved it served over rice. The rice just soaked up that yummy sauce making dinner an all around win.
Let’s get started!
- Brown Sugar – learn how to make brown sugar here.
- Corn Starch
- Soy Sauce
- 1 Package of Frozen Meatballs – You will find these at any grocery store in the freezer section.
How to make crock pot sweet and sour meatballs:
1. First, mix together the brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and corn starch.
2. Second, put the meatballs in the slow cooker. I prefer the meatballs to still be frozen.
3. Next, add the pineapple and diced bell peppers. Pour all of that yummy sauce over everything.
2. Finally, cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. That is really it!
You can cook on high for 3 to 4 hours but I really like to use the low setting. The sauce really blends and becomes a glaze. It’s amazing.
What to serve with meatballs:
- Rice– You can make crock pot rice or instant pot rice. We even freeze rice to use during busy weeknights. It’s a game changer.
- Pasta– any type is delicious. Try penne, elbow, bow tie or whatever you have in the pantry.
- Mashed potatoes- Make them in the crock pot or instant pot for the creamiest potatoes.
- Veggies – I like to add a green veggie for good measure. Oven roasted asparagus is so delicious dipped in the sweet n sour meatball sauce. The kids actually will eat their vegetables without complaining thanks to this tasty sauce. Broccoli in the microwave is another easy side dish.
This sauce is so delicious that you can basically put it on anything and it will be great!
Slow cooker sweet and sour meatballs would also make an easy meatball appetizer recipe.
Not only is this delicious for dinner but it is perfect for parties, game day and more. Serve these slow cooker sweet and sour meatballs for an easy and tasty appetizer.
The pineapple and peppers add so much flavor to the meatballs and everyone will want the recipe. Make this easy sweet and sour sauce that will turn plain frozen meatballs into something fabulous.
If you are going to serve these as an appetizer, you can use toothpicks and make these easy to enjoy as finger food.
Are you going to try these crockpot meatballs?
Try all these other crock pot recipes too. Dinner time will be so easy when you use the slow cooker.
Print this sweet and sour meatballs crockpot recipe below:
Crock pot Sweet and Sour meatballs
- 1 package Frozen Meatballs 32 oz.
- 1 can Pineapple Tidbits Do Not Drain
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 TBSP Corn Starch
- 3 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Cut into large pieces
- Whisk together the brown sugar, ketchup, rice vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Place the meatballs, pineapple and diced red bell peppers in a 6 quart crock pot. Pour the sauce mixture over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-2.5 hours.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe