This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Bacon Blue Cheese Burger is the ultimate recipe. Juicy burger patties sandwiched between brioche buns and topped with blue cheese and bacon. It’s a game changer.
Easy bacon blue cheese burger
This tasty blue cheese burger recipe is out of this world. It is the best gourmet style burger and so easy to enjoy at home. The flavor from the grill combined with the bacon and blue cheese all come together for a wonderful meal.
Once you see how easy it is, your new favorite burger place might just be your house! It really is something special and loaded with so much flavor. This recipe takes plain burgers to the next level with so many tasty ingredients.
- Ground Beef
- Garlic Salt
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Bacon (cooked)
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Brioche Buns
- Lettuce Leaves
- Tomato, sliced
How to make bacon blue cheese burger:
- Step 1. Fire up the grill. Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- Step 2. Combine the meat and seasoning. Mix together the ground beef, garlic salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
- Step 3. Make the patties. Then form the beef into 6 patties that are approximately ⅓ pound each. Make sure each one is similar in size so that it cooks evenly.
- Step 4. Prepare the grill. Oil the grill grates to prevent the burgers from sticking to the grill. You do not need much oil but enough to rub on so that each patty does not stick.
- Step 5. Put the burgers on direct heat. Place the burgers on the grill over direct heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the patties reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 6. Add blue cheese to each burger patty. Top the patties with the blue cheese crumbles for the last 1-2 minutes of the cook time. Cover the dome to melt the cheese slightly.
- Step 7. Prepare the bacon. Cook the bacon separately while the burgers are cooking.
- Step 8. Warm the buns. Place the hamburger buns on the grill for approximately 1 minute to toast the buns.
- Step 9. Add a burger to each bun. Serve the burgers on the buns topped with bacon, lettuce and tomato.
- Step 9. Enjoy the burgers. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy! The melted blue cheese sauce is amazing and definitely will be a hit.
- Caramelized Onions
- Tomato Slices
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Blue Cheese Dressing
You can truly add any toppings you love on this blue cheese bacon burger. My family loves when I set out a topping bar and everyone can load up their burger. This is also fun for parties and everyone gets to customize their burger how they like it most.
This recipe makes it easy to fix your burger just how you love it.
What to serve with burgers?
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Deep Fried Onion Rings
- Easy Homemade French Fries
- Oven baked sweet potato fries recipe
These are a few of our favorite sides with bacon blue burgers. The list is endless for sides that go with this tasty recipe.
Keep it simple and easy. You will love this recipe and easy sides for a quick weeknight meal. What is your go to side to serve with burgers?
Tips and Tricks:
- Cast iron skillet. You can also cook these burgers inside instead of grilling. Place inside a cast iron skillet to get the perfects sear and cook until desired doneness. Top with blue cheese while in the skillet so it can melt.
- Meat thermometer for accuracy. Ensure each burger has been properly cooked until it reaches a 165 internal temperature. This is the easiest and most accurate way to determine if it is fully cooked.
- Grill over high heat. The grill should be set to high heat for burgers that turn out the best.
- Prepare the grill grates. Rub the grates with olive oil to prevent the meat from sticking.
- Remove excess grease from the bacon. Use paper towels to absorb any extra grease on the bacon.
- Even size burger patties. Try to form each patty into the same size so that each one cooks evenly and at the same time.
- Seasoning blend. If you have a favorite burger seasoning, feel free to add it to the recipe and swap out.
- Extra Cheese. The blue cheese is amazing but you can also combine it with other types of cheese as well. Try sliced provolone, cheddar, swiss or pepperjack cheese.
How to store and reheat leftover patties:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Make sure that you store the toppings and such separately. It is best to add them when ready to eat.
Reheat in the microwave or oven until warmed through and the cheese is melty. Then add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
This recipe is so versatile and easy to make on the grill or stove top. You can enjoy it any time of year regardless of the weather. It will turn out amazing each time.
The blue cheese flavor is perfect with the bacon and burgers. I think you are really going to love this new recipe. It is the perfect recipe when you want to try something different, and it does not take much time to cook!
Print bacon blue cheese burger recipe:
Bacon Blue Cheese Burger
- Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- Mix together the ground beef, garlic salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
- Then form the beef into 6 patties that are approximately ⅓ pound each.
- Oil the grill grates to prevent the burgers from sticking to the grill.
- Place on the grill over direct heat and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the patties reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Top the patties with the blue cheese crumbles for the last 1-2 minutes of the cook time and cover the dome to melt the cheese slightly.
- Cook the bacon separately while the burgers are cooking.
- Place the hamburger buns on the grill for approximately 1 minute to toast the buns.
- Serve the burgers on the buns topped with bacon, lettuce and tomato.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe