This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you have been following me for awhile now, you already know how much I love Balsamic. It’s probably one of my favorite cooking ingredients. This Easy Crock Pot Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe is simple to throw together and packed with flavor.
You will love this Easy Slow Cooker Recipe for a delicious weeknight meal.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
This pot roast recipe is loaded with flavor. The best part of this recipe is the balsamic glaze and how easy it is to make. Change up your classic pot roast recipe and add in balsamic vinegar.
This fork-tender pot roast is a family favorite and perfect to feed a crowd.
This roast recipe is simple to make and I bet you already have most of the ingredients in your pantry!
- Pot Roast
- Beef Broth
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Baby Carrots
- Mini Potatoes or Diced Potatoes
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – Place the roast, carrots and potatoes and onions in a crock pot.
- Step 2 – Then pour the beef broth, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce on top.
- Step 3 – Next add in the seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-7 hours.
- Step 4 – You’ll want to adjust your cooking time based on how your crock pot. You’ll know when the roast has been covered and cooked long enough because the beef will easily fall apart.
- Step 5 – Shred the beef (it should fall apart). Spoon the sauce and browned bits on top. Enjoy!
- Vegetables – When preparing your vegetables, make sure to cut them about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Shred the Beef – We recommend shred the beef with two forks because the roast is so tender.
This pot roast is cooked with potatoes and carrots, but you can also make homemade mashed potatoes with a side of homemade rolls. These rolls are the best to make sure to get every last drop of the balsamic gravy.
Frequently Asked Questions
I like to use a chuck roast for this slow cooker balsamic pot roast recipe. Cooking it in the crock pot makes it tender and juicy. I have found that an arm roast works great as well.
Now this is going to be based on what you prefer. Generally, I do not brown my roast prior to putting it into the crock pot. To be honest, I usually throw it in the slow cooker frozen so I don’t even worry about.
Some people love to brown their roast first. If you choose to do so, make sure that it’s thaw and you can brown it in olive oil in either a large skillet or a Dutch oven. I have tried both ways and I don’t think that it’s adds a ton of flavor to this recipe, so I just throw it right into the crock pot.
Store you leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
More Easy Crock Pot Recipes
- Easy Crock pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Ham & Bean Soup Crock Pot Recipe
- BBQ Little Smokies Crock Pot Recipe
- Crock pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Crock pot Ham Recipe
- Balsamic Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Crock pot Italian Chicken Dinner Recipe
We love to hear from you. If you make this Slow Cooker Pot Roast, please leave us a comment or star review.
Crock pot Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe
- Place the roast, potatoes, carrots and onions in a crock pot.
- Pour the beef broth, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce on top.
- Add the seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Shred the beef (it should fall apart). Spoon the sauce on top.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe