This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Add red and green sprinkles to your pancake to make these Christmas Pancakes. Perfect for Christmas morning and even better topped with whipped cream.
There is nothing better than waking up on Christmas morning with these fun Christmas Pancakes. We actually make them throughout December because of the fun red and green sprinkles. We have even change the sprinkles for whatever holiday we are celebrating.
Other breakfast recipes to make for Christmas Morning includes this Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole or Overnight French Toast Casserole. Whether you are celebrating with a casserole or pancakes, I am sure it will be memory that your kids won’t forgot.
Table of Contents
Why Make This Recipe:
We love making festive and fluffy pancakes for many occasions. We have made Reindeer Pancakes and Turkey Pancakes to celebrate the holidays. I love it that my kids can help and decorate it how they prefer.
The ingredients are simple and the pancake batter cooks quick and easy on a hot griddle. We love to make a topping bar with all of our favorite toppings kid friendly Christmas morning breakfast.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Egg beaten
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Whipped Cream (for serving)
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Change Sprinkles – Use different color sprinkles for the holiday you are celebrating. Add in pastel sprinkles for Easter or Red and White for Valentine’s Day.
- Cinnamon – Another delicious variation is add in a tsp of ground cinnamon to the pancake batter. After cooking the cinnamon roll pancakes top with a cream cheese glaze. It will have a delicious cinnamon roll flavor.
- Chocolate Chips – Add in a cup of chocolate chip to the pancake batter for a delicious chocolate flavor.
- Chopped Nuts – To add texture and flavor to the pancake, add in chopped pecans or walnuts to the pancake mixture.
- Dairy-Free – You can make these pancakes with different types of milk if you need it to be dairy-free. Feel free to use almond milk instead.
- Mini Pancakes – Make mini pancakes with this recipe. Just make small circles on the griddle instead of larger ones.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until combined.
Step 2 – Then stir in the milk, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla into flour mixture. Mix until just combined in the mixing bowl. The batter will be lumpy.
Step 3 – Fold in the Christmas sprinkles. Then let the batter rest for approximately 5 minutes.
Step 4 – Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 5 – Pour the batter into the pan in approximately ¼ cup measurements. Gently spread the batter out some.
- Step 6 – Cook for 3-4 minutes until you see bubbles start to form and burst on top of the batter.
- Step 7 – Flip and cook the opposite side until golden brown. Remove the pancake from the skillet to a plate. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- Step 8 – Serve topped with whipped cream and extra Christmas sprinkles. Enjoy!
- Prepare Skillet – Before pouring the pancake batter on the frying pan or griddle, make sure it is hot and sprayed with cooking spray or melted butter. This helps to easily flip the pancake to cook both sides.
- Cooking Pancakes – You will need to cook the pancakes for about 3 minutes on each side. You will know that the pancakes are ready to flip when the opposite side starts to bubble on top.
- Keep Warm – If you are cooking for a large crowd, you may have to cook pancakes in batches. To keep the pancakes warm, place them in a baking dish and cover with foil. I like to put my oven on a low temperature and place the baking dish in the oven to allow the pancakes to keep warm.
When I serve pancakes I like to combine with air fryer bacon or breakfast sausage. This gives a sweet and savory combination that is so delicious.
You can even add a side of scrambled eggs and a bowl of fruit salad for a complete meal idea.
There is nothing better than adding your favorite toppings to these fluffy and delicious Christmas Pancakes. These are some family favorite toppings:
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- More Sprinkles
- Whipped Topping
- Fresh Fruit
- Buttermilk Syrup
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, you can prepare the batter ahead of time and store in the fridge covered with a plastic wrap. You can also prepare the pancakes and then just reheat when ready to serve.
If you prefer, you can prepare these Christmas Pancakes and store in a freezer bag or freeze safe container until you are ready to serve. They will stay good for up to 2 months. When ready to reheating, thaw and then reheat in the microwave. Make sure they have cooled to room temperature before storing.
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Easy Christmas Pancake Recipes:
We love hearing from you. If you make this Christmas Pancake Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until combined. Then stir in the milk, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla. Mix until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in the Christmas sprinkles. Then let the batter rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium high heat and spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan in approximately ¼ cup measurements. Gently spread the batter out some.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until you see bubbles start to form and burst on top of the batter. Flip and cook the opposite side until golden brown. Remove the pancake from the skillet to a plate. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and extra Christmas sprinkles.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe