This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
No need to order take out when you can make this easy and delicious Crock Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe at home. The slow cooker does all the work and you can have delicious lo mein ready and waiting.
Crock Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe:
We love Chinese take out but it gets pricey and isn’t always very quick. I recently made this Crock Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe for my family and it was a huge hit!
Everyone raved about the flavor and how amazing it was. They could not believe it was made in the crock pot. Another favorite around here is this Crockpot Chinese Pepper Steak Recipe.
Save time and money and make Crock Pot Chicken Low Mein at home. The ingredients are simple and the slow cooker does all the work. Add your favorite sides for a delicious meal at home.
What is Chicken Lo Mein?
Chicken Lo Mein is a popular recipe at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Chicken is cooked tender in the slow cooker and mixed with vegetables and a savory sauce.
These ingredients are mixed with lo mein noodles to make a delicious Chinese recipe.
- Chicken Thighs
- Snap Peas or Snow Peas
- Red Bell Pepper
- Water Chestnuts
- Green Onion Stalks
- Chicken Broth
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Garlic and Ginger
- Lo Mein Noodles
You can easily make your own lo mein dish at home and save a ton of time and money. It is very simple to make.
How to Make Chicken Lo Mein in the Crockpot?
If you can toss things into the slow cooker, you can make this meal. It is that easy.
- Step 1 – Add chicken and veggies to slow cooker – The chicken thighs go on the bottom and the veggies go in next.
- Step 2 – Add Broth – Pour the broth all over.
- Step 3 – Combine Sauce Ingredients – Whisk together the honey, garlic and other sauces with the seasonings to make that amazing sauce. Once it is all mixed together, pour into the crock pot.
- Step 4 – Slow Cook – Cook the ingredinets on low for 6-8 hours.
- Step 5 – Prepare Noodles Meanwhile cook the lo mein noodles according to package instructions over medium high heat.
- Step 6 – Serve – Stir in the lo mein noodles and serve. Top with more sliced green onion.
Tips for Crock Pot Lo Mein:
- Chicken – We recommend making this recipe with chicken thighs as they tend to be more juicy. But you can easily make this recipe with chicken breast or chicken tenders.
- Vegetables – Feel free to add different types of veggies or any leftover vegetables that you have. We recommend broccoli, carrots, shiitake mushrooms or green beans.
- Brown Sugar – If you prefer a sweet and salty sauce, add in a tablespoon of brown sugar to the sauce.
- Add in other Seasoning – Mix in Hoisin Sauce or sesame oil for added flavor.
- Stir Fry – You can easily make this Chicken Lo Mein on the skillet for an easy stir fry.
- Noodles – If you do not have an lo mein noodles you can substitute with spaghetti noodles or egg noodles.
- Cooking Noodles – After cooking the noodles, we do not recommend draining or rinsing them. The starch that is on the noodles when combined with the other ingredients helps the sauce to be thick.
What’s the difference between Lo Mein and Chow Mein?
Both of these dishes use the same type of noodles and often it is the same recipe. The difference is in how the noodles are cooked.
Chow mein noodles are normally cooked to be crispy and lo mein noodles are served soft from being boiled.
What type of Sauce is used in Chicken Lo Mein:
The sauce that is typically used is a combination of soy sauce and sesame oil. We made our sauce out of low sodium soy sauce, honey, garlic and other simple seasoning.
This created a delicious sauce and it is cooked with the chicken broth, chicken and vegetables.
If you prefer a soy sauce substitute use coconut aminos.
What other Proteins can you add to Lo Mein?
You can use anything your family likes. We also really love beef lo mein as a nice change from the chicken.
Shrimp is another tasty idea in lo mein. If you are looking for slow cooker lo mein weight watchers ideas, try bulking up the recipe with more veggies.
You can also add sambal oelek for added flavor. It is a type of chili sauce. Oyster sauce is also good as well.
Topping Variations for Chicken Lo Mein:
There are many different items that would taste amazing added to the Chicken Lo Mein. We like the extra crunch it gives, so we recommend not skipping on adding an extra topping.
- Chopped Peanuts
- Fresh Bean Sprouts
- Chopped Cilantro
- Red Pepper Flakes
What Noodles are used in Lo Mein?
Lo mein noodles are a type of Chinese wheat flour noodles. The Lo Mein Noodles can be found at your local grocery store in the Asian section. You can also find fresh or frozen lo mein noodles at an Asian Market if you have one near by.
If you are still unable to find traditional lo mein noodles any type of long noodles will work. Egg noodles will also work.
What to Serve with Chicken Low Mein?
This Chicken Lo Mein is a complete meal all cooked in the slow cooker. But you easily pair with one of the following to stretch your portions.
- Side Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
- Egg Rolls
- Garlic Bread
How to Store Leftovers:
Chicken Lo Mein makes a great lunch the next day. Store the leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator. If we have a lot left over, I will place it in individual containers so my husband and I can have it for lunch the next day.
The flavor is amazing the next day as the ingredients marinate in the sauce. This gives the chicken, noodles, and vegetables so much flavor.
How to Reheat Chicken Lo Mein:
Place your leftover chicken lo mein in a microwave safe dish and reheat. You can also reheat in a skillet over low heat until everything is heated.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Lo Mein:
The main reason we love making this chicken lo mein in the slow cooker as the slow cooker does all the work. All I have to do when it is dinnertime is prepare the noodles. The chicken and vegetables cook in the sauce which deepens the flavor.
This recipe is taste better than take out and it is better for you. I know exactly what I am feeding my family and it saves me a ton of money. Serve this recipe as it is or you can add your favorite toppings.
Print this Crock pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe below:
Crock Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 5 oz snap peas
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts 5 oz
- 4 green onion stalks chopped
- 1 cup broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- lo mein noodles uncooked, 14 oz
- Place chicken thighs in the slow cooker. Mine is 6 quart.
- Add bell pepper, snap peas, water chestnuts, green onion, and chicken broth.
- In a small bowl whisk together Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger.
- Pour into the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Meanwhile cook the lo mein noodles according to directions.
- Stir in the lo mein noodles and serve. Top with more sliced green onion.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Chili Lime Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- Crock Pot Smothered Chicken Recipe
- French Onion Crock Pot Chicken Recipe