This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
We love making this Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork for sandwiches or serve over rice. Easy to make and perfect for feeding a crowd.
Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe:
Pulled pork with Root Beer Crock Pot recipe is a classic, delicious recipe that is easy to make. The pork cooks tender with the BBQ sauce and root beer to easily shred for many different recipes.
This Root Beer Pulled Pork Recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a game day gathering. You only need 4 ingredients and the results are a delicious shredded pork that is perfect on a hoagie or served over rice.
Everything cooks easily in the crock pot. Add everything before you head out the door and come home to your house smelling amazing. The pork is so tender and you will be amazed how delicious it is with easy ingredients.
Ingredients for Root Beer Crock Pot Pulled Pork:
- Boneless Pork Shoulder
- Root Beer
- Barbecue Sauce
- Hamburger Buns (for serving)
How to Make Root Beer Pulled Pork in Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Add in ingredients – Add the pork, Root Beer and barbecue sauce to a crock pot.
- Step 2 – Slow Cook – Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Step 3 – Shred Pork – Remove the pork, shred it. Remove any excess fat and put the remaining shredded pork to the crock pot. Stir the shredded pork into the sauce in the crock pot.
- Step 4 – Serve and enjoy – Serve the pork on the hamburger buns and enjoy. Feel free to season with salt and pepper.
What kind of Pork cut do I use?
For this slow cooker pork recipe, we recommend using a pork shoulder. It may also be called pork butt.
Other pork options are a pork tenderloin or pork roast.
How to Shred the Pork Easily:
Cooking the pork in the slow cooker makes it so tender. You can easily shred the pork with forks, but we prefer to shred with a hand mixer or a stand up mixer.
Simply remove the cooked pork from the slow cooker and place in a bowl, then shred.
Place the shredded pork back in the slow cooker to mix with the cooking liquid and root beer.
What to Serve with Root Beer Pulled Pork?
- Coleslaw Recipe – This coleslaw recipe is delicious and easy to make. This coleslaw recipe taste so much better than the store bought recipe.
- Easy Macaroni Salad – It’s creamy and delicious. The veggies combined with the cheese really make this simple side dish hearty and tasty.
- More Pulled Pork Sides – These are our favorite sides to serve with this pulled pork recipe. Whether you are making a sandwich or serving it over rice, these sides will help make a complete meal.
Can you use a different kind of Soda?
We love using Root Beer in this recipe but you can easily use any dark soda instead of Root Beer if you prefer.
- Dr Pepper
- Coke or Pepsi
- Ginger Ale
- Hard Cider or Beer
Can I use this recipe with Chicken?
Yes, you can use chicken for this recipe. Because chicken is not as flavorful, you may need to add in a few more ingredients.
More Pulled Pork Recipes:
- Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
What type of BBQ Sauce can I use?
We used regular store bought BBQ Sauce. But feel free to use your favorite BBQ Sauce or brand. You can even make Homemade BBQ Sauce with easy ingredients.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We recommend placing in individual container for an easy lunch the next day.
How to Freeze:
We love to freeze the leftover shredded slow cooker root beer pulled pork sandwiches. It makes for an easy dinner for another time.
Place the room temperature pork in a freezer safe container or freeze zip lock bag. Make sure to remove any and place in the freezer. If stored properly the shredded pork will last about 3 to 6 months.
How to Reheat:
When you are ready to serve again and your shredded root beer BBQ pork is frozen, place in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
You can reheat in the slow cooker or sauce pan for our recommended way to reheat. The shredded pork can also be reheated in the microwave in 30 second interval until reheated.
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork:
Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork
- 4 pounds Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 12 oz Root Beer
- 2 cups Barbecue Sauce
- Hamburger Buns for serving
- Add the pork, Root Beer and barbecue sauce to a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Remove the pork, shred it. Remove any excess fat and put the remaining shredded pork to the crock pot. Stir the shredded pork into the sauce in the crock pot.
- Serve the pork on the hamburger buns and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Sandwich Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Avocado Sandwich
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwich Recipe
- Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe