Beans are healthy.
It is really that simple. If you can get your children to eat beans, then you are in luck. We started really young with my children and they love beans. Packed full of protein, you can feel good about feeding your family this simple and delicious side dish. BEANS!
- 1 Can of Kidney Beans (or your homemade canned)
- ½ teaspoon of Cumin
- ½ fresh jalapeno seeded and diced (or you can chop of a few from the jar)
- a pinch of salt (you will need more if you are using homemade beans)
- Dump your beans in a medium pot. If you are using your own homemade canned beans then they will need to be thawed.
- Mix in your jalapenos and your seasoning.
- Cook on low (covered) for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
It really easy that simple – in under 15 minutes you have a side dish ready that you whole family will love!
Don’t be scared by the jalapeno.
It isn’t very spicy. My kids gobble this up like it is going out of style! The jalapeno and the cumin just give the beans this slight delicious flavor. All you have to do is serve it with your favorite mexican dish!
If you want more bean recipes, here are a few more you may love:
- Crock Pot Ranch Beans Recipe
- How to Make Your own Refried Beans
- How to Make Your own “Canned Beans” in your Crockpot for the freezer