This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Recipe is a great dinner idea with tons of cheese, spinach and tender chicken. Lots of pasta blend together for the best comfort food and the entire meal is ready in minutes.
Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Recipe:
I love to impress my family and friends with this delicious chicken florentine pasta recipe. While it sounds so fancy, it is so simple to make. The chicken is so tender and the sauce is rich and creamy.
Thanks to the instant pot, the meal comes together in under 30 minutes making it perfect for busy weeknights. Your family can enjoy a great meal with hardly any effort at all.
Even though the dinner recipe has spinach in it, the kids devour it. The sauce is just amazing blended together for the best flavor. Seriously, the delicious cheese sauce gives the spinach and chicken such an amazing flavor that everyone will love it. This is a must try recipe!
Another family favorite instant pot chicken recipe is Instant Pot Chicken and Recipe.
What is Pressure Cooker Chicken Florentine?
Chicken Florentine typically consists of a rich and creamy white sauce with spinach and cheese. The recipes normally calls for chicken but you can also substitute shrimp.
The creamy and flavorful sauce make this meal one of a kind and guaranteed to be a family favorite. We love Florentine style chicken because it is so cream and delicious.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Dry White Wine (or Cooking Wine)
- Minced Garlic
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Spinach (chopped)
It only takes a few ingredients to make this delicious meal.
How to Make Chicken Florentine Instant Pot:
- Prepare Instant Pot – Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Once the insert is hot, pour in the olive oil.
- Add Chicken to Instant Pot – Then place the chicken on top and season it with salt and pepper.
- Brown Chicken – Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes to golden brown the outside of the chicken without cooking it completely.
- Flip Chicken – Make sure to flip the chicken so that both sides are browned evenly. When you flip the chicken, make sure to scrape off any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add in Seasoning – Then add in the garlic, oregano and dry white wine.
- Pressure Cooking – Put the lid on the instant pot and set the valve on the lid to the sealing position. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Release Pressure – Once the time is done, move the valve on the lid from the seal position to the vent position to release any remaining pressure from the instant pot.
- Sauté Setting – Then switch the instant pot back to the sauté setting. Then stir together the cornstarch and heavy whipping cream in a small bowl.
- Thicken Cream Sauce – Pour this mixture into the instant pot. Let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes. Cooking time will vary.
- Add Spinach and Cheese – Then stir in the fresh chopped spinach and the parmesan cheese into the instant pot.
- Saute mixture – Cook on the sauté setting for a few minutes until the spinach has wilted. Then turn the instant pot off and remove the lid.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve warm as is or over pasta and enjoy.
What kind of Pasta can I use?
You can use any style of pasta. You can use spaghetti noodles, fettucine noodle, or even penne noodles. When I make this recipe I usually use what I have on hand.
We like to cook the pasta over medium high heat while the Chicken Florentine is cooking in the Instant Pot.
What kind of Chicken can I use?
When we make this recipe, we like to use chicken breast. But you can also use chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins. We recommend making sure that the chicken is about the same size and same thickness so that it cooks evenly.
Should I brown the Chicken first?
You can brown the chicken in the skillet over medium high heat first if you want to. But we like to keep things simple and not dirty up a bunch of dishes. You can easily brown the chicken in the instant pot.
If you decide not to brown the chicken, this recipe still comes out full of flavor.
What to serve with Chicken Florentine?
This recipe is a hearty meal so we like to keep it simple it when comes to sides for this recipe.
- Simple Side Salad – We recommend have the ingredients to make a simple salad for the week. A salad pairs well with this recipe as it is light and easy to make.
- Add Some Bread – The creamy and cheesy sauce is so delicious so bread is a must for getting every last drop. Dip Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks or Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls into the sauce to take this meal even better.
- Steamed Vegetables – I like to steam some broccoli or asparagus to complete the meals.
Can I make Chicken Florentine Low Carb?
This recipe is great with the chicken and the creamy spinach sauce. Add a side salad and it becomes the perfect low carb meal.
If you still craving some pasta, you can serve with with our Easy Zucchini Noodles Recipe.
Can I Make this Recipe in the Crock Pot?
Yes, this recipe works great in the crock pot. Crock Pot Chicken Florentine is perfect to start as you head at the door and come home to amazing dinner ready. Add some pasta and a salad and dinner is complete.
How to Store:
We love having Chicken Florentine leftover. Store the leftovers in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator. The leftovers will last about 3 to 4 days.
Easy Chicken Florentine Recipe:
Don’t buy store bought sauces when it is so easy to make your own at home. Not only does it taste so much better but it is much cheaper. You can try cream of mushroom soup to change up the flavor a little bit.
We love the creamy and delicious sauce. We love dipping our bread as this sauce is good to the last drop.
More Easy Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pasta Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken Dinner
- Pressure Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken
Print Recipe below for Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Pasta:
Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Recipe
- Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Once the insert is hot, pour in the olive oil. Then place the chicken on top and season it with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes to brown the outside of the chicken without cooking it completely. Make sure to flip the chicken so that both sides are browned evenly. When you flip the chicken, make sure to scrape off any brown bites from the bottom of the pot.
- Then add in the garlic, oregano and dry white wine.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set the valve on the lid to the sealing position. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Once the time is done, move the valve on the lid from the seal position to the vent position to release any remaining pressure from the instant pot.
- Then switch the instant pot back to the sauté setting. Then stir together the cornstarch and heavy whipping cream in a small bowl.
- Pour this mixture into the instant pot. Let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Then stir in the fresh chopped spinach and the parmesan cheese into the instant pot.
- Cook on the sauté setting for a few minutes until the spinach has wilted. Then turn the instant pot off.
- Serve warm as is or over pasta and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe