This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
You can enjoy Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Recipe for an easy dinner during busy weeknights. The pressure cooker makes this meal so easy. Your family can enjoy all that you love about a Philly Cheesesteak with very little work.
Instant Pot Philly Cheese steak Recipe:
Our family loves a good Philly Cheese Steak. Now thanks to the pressure cooker, we can make these in just minutes. This is the perfect meal for busy nights when you don’t have much time for dinner but need something delicious.
The meat is tender and delicious but only takes minutes to prepare. Top the Philly Cheesesteak with melted cheese for a tasty sandwich. We love the flavor that the green bell peppers and onions give to the tender steak. You might also like Philly Cheesesteak Pasta or Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes.
Instant pot Cheesesteak is loaded with flavor with simple ingredients and is done in less than 30 minutes. We love to add a side of onion rings, fried okra, or French Fries for a complete meal idea.
Side Dishes for Philly Cheesesteaks:
When we making this hearty instant pot meal, we like to keep it simple. Just make a really easy Philly cheesesteak sides. This meal is so versatile that it really goes with anything.
- Sweet Potatoes – We love to make Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries. These are so quick and easy and amazing.
- Side of Chips – Honestly, we have also served this with chips on really busy nights running from lots of activities.
- Roasted Vegetables – You can serve a side of roasted broccoli or asparagus for a quick side with this recipe. Caramelized Onions are also a good side or top the cheesesteak with.
- Air Fryer Sides – Use your air fryer to make some fried pickles for a quick and easy side.
How to Eat Philly Cheesesteaks Low Carb:
If you are eating low carb, you can still enjoy this fabulous recipe. Just skip the bread and it is still so delicious.
You might also like our Keto Philly Cheese Steak Skillet Recipe. This steak is so flavor and tender that it is perfect with a side of cauliflower rice.
- Thinly Sliced Steak – I used round
- Green Peppers – sliced
- Red Pepper – sliced
- Onion – sliced
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Beef Broth
- Slices of Provolone Cheese
- Hoagie Rolls
With only a few ingredients you can have an amazing dinner everyone will go crazy over. No need to get take out when you can make this amazing meal at home so easily.
How to Make Philly Cheesesteak in the Instant Pot:
This recipe is so incredibly simple. Once you make Philly Cheese Steaks in the pressure cooker, you will love it.
- Step 1 – Place ingredients in Pressure Cook – Combine everything but the cheese and rolls in the Instant pot to saute.
- Step 2 – Close and set sealing – Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Step 3 – High Pressure – Set the pressure (on high for 10 minutes). I use the manual button to set the time. Cooking time will vary.
- Step 4 – Natural Release – When finished do the natural release for 10 minutes to release pressure.
- Step 5 – Quick Release – Then do the quick release to release the rest of the pressure. Stir all the contents in the Instant pot with a wooden spoon.
- Step 6 – Top in Hoagies and add cheese – Serve on hoagie rolls and top with provolone cheese.
- Step 7 – Melt Cheese – You can place the hoagie rolls under a broiler to get the cheese melted quickly.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve Philly Cheesesteaks hot and enjoy seasoned with salt and pepper.
What Cheese is Best on Philly Cheesesteak?
The best cheese for a Philly Cheesesteak is Provolone. You can also use White American Cheese.
- Change the meat – We used round steak, but you can also use beef chuck roast and even lean ground beef. Both meats come out tender and full of flavor.
- Leave out Peppers – This recipe is still delicious if you decide not to add onions peppers.
- Cheese Options – Traditional a philly cheesesteaks are served with provolone, Cheez Whiz or American cheese. You can also use Mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
- Mushrooms – Slice mushrooms is always a good addition this recipe
- Bun Options – We use hoagie buns, but you can easily use rolls or even just loaf bread. If you are looking for a low carb option, serve it without the sub.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Add in Worcestershire sauce for an added smoky flavor.
- Sauce – If you are looking for good sauce options to top your cheesesteak with, add mayo or chipotle mayo.
Recipe Tips for Philly Cheese Steak Instant Pot:
- Slice Steak – Make sure to slice the steak in about the same size strips. This helps to cook the steak evenly.
- Peppers – You can easily slice and prepare your peppers ahead of time. Just make sure to slice in about the same size.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store leftover beef and peppers in an airtight container. Place in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. When you are ready to serve, place on a hoagie and top with cheese. Place in the oven to heat up and melt the cheese.
Philly Cheesesteaks leftovers are a great option to make for lunches. We love to serve over rice with a side of vegetables.
Print Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich recipe:
Instant pot Philly Cheesesteaks Sandwiches
- Combine everything but the cheese and rolls in the Instant pot.
- Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure (on high for 10 minutes).
- When finished do the natural release for 10 minutes.
- Then do the quick release to release the rest of the pressure.
- Serve on hoagie rolls and top with provolone cheese.
- You can place the hoagie rolls under a broiler to get the cheese melted quickly.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Brisket Sandwich Recipe
- Instant Pot Roast Recipe
- Mississippi Pot Roast Pressure Cooker Recipe
More Philly Cheesesteak Recipes:
- Keto Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Recipe
- Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Recipe