You can enjoy Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Recipe for an easy dinner during busy weeknights. The pressure cooker makes this meal so easy and your family can enjoy all that you love about a Philly Cheesesteak with very little work.
Instant Pot Philly Cheese steak Recipe:
Our family loves a good Philly Cheese Steak! Now thanks to the pressure cooker, we can make these in just minutes. This is the perfect meal for busy nights when you don’t have much time for dinner but need something delicious.
The meat is tender and delicious but only takes minutes to prepare. Top the Philly Cheesesteak with melted cheese for a tasty sandwich. We love the flavor that the green bell peppers and onions give to the tender steak.
In less than 30 minutes, you can have dinner on the table. Add a side of vegetables or sweet potato fries and your meal is complete. This is the perfect meal to enjoy on busy weeknights. If you are like our family and always have a ton of activities, simple dinner ideas are a must.
What to Serve with Philly Cheese Steak Instant Pot Recipe:
When we making this hearty instant pot meal, we like to keep it simple and just make a really easy side dish. This meal is so versatile that it really goes with anything.
- Sweet Potatoes – We love to make Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries. These are so quick and easy and amazing.
- Side of Chips – Honestly, we have also served this with chips on really busy nights running from lots of activities.
- Roasted Vegetables – You can serve a side of roasted broccoli or asparagus for a quick side with this recipe.
How to Eat Philly Cheesesteaks Low Carb:
If you are eating low carb, you can still enjoy this fabulous recipe. Just skip the bread and it is still so delicious.
You might also like our Keto Philly Cheese Steak Skillet Recipe. This steak is so flavor and tender that it is perfect with a side of cauliflower rice.
- Thinly Sliced Steak – I used round
- Green Peppers – sliced
- Red Pepper – sliced
- Onion – sliced
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Beef Broth
- Slices of Provolone Cheese
- Hoagie Rolls
With only a few ingredients you can have an amazing dinner everyone will go crazy over. No need to get take out when you can make this amazing meal at home so easily.
How to Make Philly Cheesesteak in the Instant Pot:
This recipe is so incredibly simple. Once you make Philly Cheese Steaks in the pressure cooker, you will love it.
- Place ingredients in Pressure Cook – Combine everything but the cheese and rolls in the Instant pot to saute.
- Close and set sealing – Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- High Pressure – Set the pressure (on high for 10 minutes). Cooking time will vary.
- Natural Release – When finished do the natural release for 10 minutes to release pressure.
- Quick Release – Then do the quick release to release the rest of the pressure.
- Top in Hoagies and add cheese – Serve on hoagie rolls and top with provolone cheese.
- Melt Cheese – You can place the hoagie rolls under a broiler to get the cheese melted quickly.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve Philly Cheesesteaks hot and enjoy.
- Change the meat – We used round steak, but you can also use beef chuck roast. Both meats come out tender and full of flavor.
- Leave out Peppers – This recipe is still delicious if you decide not to add onions peppers.
- Cheese Options – Traditional a philly cheesesteaks are served with provolone, Cheez Whiz or American cheese. You can also use Mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
- Mushrooms – Slice mushrooms is always a good addition this recipe
- Bun Options – We use hoagie buns, but you can easily use rolls or even just loaf bread. If you are looking for a low carb option, serve it without the sub.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Add in Worcestershire sauce for an added smoky flavor.
- Sauce – If you are looking for good sauce options to top your cheesesteak with, add mayo or chipotle mayo for added flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store leftover beef and peppers in a air tight container. Place in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. When you are ready to serve, place on a hoagie and top with cheese. Place in the oven to heat up and melt the cheese.
Philly Cheesesteaks leftovers are a great option to make for lunches. We love to serve over rice with a side of vegetables.
Print this Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich recipe below:
Instant pot Philly Cheesesteaks Sandwiches
- 2 lbs. thinly sliced steak I used round
- 1 green peppers sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 6 slices of provolone cheese
- 6 hoagie rolls
- Combine everything but the cheese and rolls in the Instant pot.
- Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure (on high for 10 minutes).
- When finished do the natural release for 10 minutes.
- Then do the quick release to release the rest of the pressure.
- Serve on hoagie rolls and top with provolone cheese.
- You can place the hoagie rolls under a broiler to get the cheese melted quickly.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Brisket Sandwich Recipe
- Instant Pot Roast Recipe
- Mississippi Pot Roast Pressure Cooker Recipe