Instant Pot Beef Brisket Sandwich comes together for a quick and easy meal when you use the pressure cooker. The meat is so tender and delicious that you will love making brisket this way.
Instant Pot Beef Brisket Sandwich
If you loved our Instant Pot Brisket Recipe, you will love this BBQ Beef Brisket sandwich recipe. The instant pot is a game changer and makes cooking brisket so fast and easy.
You are going to love how amazing the brisket turns out in the instant pot! You do not have to spend hours to get just the perfect flavor.
The pressure cooker does all the work in just minutes but the meat tastes like it was slow cooked to perfection.
Our entire family loved how the meat tasted and I was thrilled how quickly I was able to get dinner on the table.
It takes a fraction of the time of smoked brisket when you pressure cook it. Brisket is one of the easiest instant pot recipes.
What is Beef Brisket?
Brisket refers to a cut of meat that is beef and from the lower chest portion. It is typically smoked to get that amazing flavor.
This cut of meat is tough and ideal for slowly cooking until tender. However, we are going to show you how to get the meat tender using the instant pot!
Pick up some meat at the grocery store and save money and time. If I spot one on sale, I always grab it for the freezer.
Why Instant Pot Brisket?
Once you make this in the pressure cooker, you will see how much time it saves. You may be skeptical at first but it truly does have the best results and tastes wonderful.
It is just so tender and each bite is packed with the best flavor.
Instant pot Beef Brisket Ingredients
- beef brisket
- brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Chili Powder
- Beef Broth
- BBQ sauce. We love homemade BBQ Sauce.
Don’t skimp on the seasonings. This dry rub really gives the brisket the best flavor.
Sometimes I add a little brown sugar as well.
How to make Beef Brisket in the Instant pot
- All of the yummy ingredients (except the buns) gets tossed into the pressure cooker. It is that easy.
- In just 90 minutes, you will have the most tender and flavor packed brisket.
- Serve on hamburger buns and top with more bbq sauce if you would like. You can also try making sliders for children or to serve at parties.
Keep reading for the full recipe and nutritional content.
How long to cook brisket in instant pot?
Instant pot brisket cooking time per pound varies but we used a 2 pound beef brisket and cooked it for 90 minutes. If you use something different, your cooking time will vary.
This instant pot brisket will taste like you used the slow cooker. The outcome is tender brisket.
The electric pressure cooker makes this tender and juicy. Once you remove the brisket and cut on the carving board, you will see how tender this meat is. Yum!
How to make Homemade Barbecue Sauce
This is totally optional but we just love to make this Homemade BBQ Sauce for the brisket. Barbecue sauce is one of the easiest things to make.
Not only is it simple to make but this Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe is very cost effective as well. I love to have extra barbecue sauce to top our sandwich with after cooking.
You might be surprised to find out how simple it is to make. With only 8 ingredients, you can make it from scratch and really bump of the flavor without a lot of extra work.
Once you give it a try, you will see how easy and flavorful it is. Homemade barbecue sauce is a game changer.
What to serve with Instant pot bbq brisket?
There are so many options but these are our favorites.
- Lazy Day Crock Pot Baked Beans Recipe
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole
- Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Easy Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe
Beef Brisket Sandwich topping ideas:
- Coleslaw. We love to top the brisket sandwich with The Best Coleslaw Recipe for a really amazing meal.
- Red Onion. I like to thinly slice these.
- Barbecue Sauce. Top the sandwiches with even more delicious BBQ Sauce.
- Pickles. Dill pickle chips taste great with the brisket.
We love to serve this for parties and set up a topping bar. Everyone loves it and can choose their favorite toppings.
You can use rolls, hamburger buns or sliders. The options are endless for this easy recipe.
Can you make brisket in advance?
Yes, you can freeze this. It is super easy to make ahead of time and the flavor is even better.
This is a great way to save time if you plan to make this for a party. Just cook as normal and store in the fridge.
Make sure to use an airtight container and it will last up to 3 days.
How to store leftover brisket:
Place the leftover brisket inside an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last up to 4 days if stored properly.
How to freeze brisket:
Freeze the brisket inside a freezer container up to 2 months. You can use a container or freezer bag.
I prefer to use freezer bags when possible because they freeze flat. This will take up less room in the freezer. I am always running out of room so it really helps.
It is also a good idea to wrap the meat in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing inside the bag. This will keep it fresh in the freezer.
When you are ready to eat, allow it to thaw in the fridge overnight.
How to Reheat Brisket
Brisket is actually very delicious reheated. However, if you aren’t careful you could end up with dry brisket.
Check out How to Reheat Brisket to learn how to have delicious brisket leftovers.
Tips and tricks:
- The brisket needs time to rest. Let the meat sit for 15 minutes before you slice the brisket.
- Be careful that you do not overcook the brisket. It will be tough and lose some of the flavor.
- Use a cutting board and slice the brisket against the grain.
Make this amazing meal.
You are going to love how delicious this meal is. Not only is it so easy but tastes amazing.
The pressure cooker makes it so fast. You will save hours from cooking brisket the traditional way. In fact, you might prefer to pressure cook this type of meat from now on.
I think you will be impressed with how tender it tastes. No one will ever guess that you actually pressure cooked this meat instead of cooking it for hours.
It is that tender and delicious. Serve it with extra barbecue sauce and you are set for a great meal. Everyone will love this.
Print instant pot beef brisket recipe below:
Instant Pot BBQ Brisket Sandwich Recipe
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 8 buns
- Place everything (except the buns) in the Instant pot.
- Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure (high pressure) for 90 minutes.
- Do a natural release to release the pressure.
- The shred the brisket and stir the meat into the other ingredients in the instant pot.
- Serve on hamburger buns and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe