We absolutely love this Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Recipe! It’s packed with amazing flavor. The peppers and onion are delicious with the melted cheese. So good! I know that I can put this on our menu plan and it’s a hit every time.
Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Recipe
This Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Recipe is delicious and VERY frugal friendly. I am giving you a double recipe to help with busy nights.
I normally make 2 pounds worth and freeze the other pound in a freezer bag. Then I have another dinner ready that only needs to be heated through! If you only want to make one dinner just cut the recipe in half.
You can serve this on any type of bun, but I usually serve them on hamburger buns but you can serve them on any buns you have on hand including hot dog buns too!
If you want to know how to save money on groceries, this recipe is a great one to help reduce your grocery budget and feed a crowd. Having this in the freezer has saved me tons of time from the drive thru! I love having yummy dishes like this in the freezer to pull out in a pinch.
So much tastier than take out plus I save a ton of money! I don’t know about you but after a long day, it’s so tempting to eat out. After awhile that really adds up. Plus, it’s not often that quick and lately hasn’t been all that great.
If you love Philly Cheesesteaks and Sloppy Joes, this is the perfect combination! I love these ingredients together and it’s so quick and easy. It’s the perfect meal for a busy day, game day or even a party! Everyone always loves Philly Cheese Sloppy Joes. It’s a great recipe.
- Ground Beef – You can also use ground turkey or ground chicken.
- Green Bell Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper
- A1 Steak Sauce – Any steak sauce would work great in this recipe!
- Beef Broth
- Garlic Salt
- Provolone Cheese – You can use any of your favorite type of cheese.
- Buns of your choice for serving
How to make Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes:
You won’t believe how easy this recipe is to make and it can easily be made in under 30 minutes!
1. First brown the beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. (You can also use a cast iron skillet for the beef mixture) Once the beef has been browned add in the diced onions and bell peppers.
2. Cook the meat mixture on medium high heat until the meat is cooked through and peppers are slightly soft (1-2 minutes). Next mix in the rest of the ingredients at this time.
3. Bring the mixture to a slight boil. Once the mixture starts to boil, cover the skillet and let the mixture simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
4. After the cooking time, spoon the meat mixture onto the buns of your choice. Top with the cheese, melt it in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy!
If you are watching your carb intake, just do away with the bun! The sauce is amazing, You could even use a lettuce wrap instead of a bun and it would still be delicious!
What is the traditional cheese on a Philly cheesesteak?
Generally, a traditional Philly cheesesteak is topped with either white American cheese or provolone cheese. Either will work for this recipe but I prefer the provolone cheese.
Can you make this in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can easily combine all of the ingredients in the crock pot for a party. Brown the ground beef in a skillet and then place the ground beef in a crock pot with the other ingredients (except for the cheese and buns).
Let the ingredients cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. Then all you have to do is serve the mixture on buns and enjoy!
Can you freeze it?
Remember that this is a double recipe. After the sloppy mixture has cooled at room temperature, place the half the mixture into a freezer bag. Label it correctly and place in the freezer.
Then to use, just run hot water on the bag to loosen it. Dump the frozen mixture into a pot on the stove. Cook on low/med heat until it is heated through. That is one EASY dinner!
What to serve with Philly Cheesesteak?
I also love serving this with sloppy joe recipe with a fun easy salad recipe. Here are a few of my favorite that are easy to make too!
Check out What to Serve with Sloppy Joes for more easy sloppy joe side dish ideas.
Print this easy Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Recipe below:
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup A1 steak sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 buns
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown, drain off the excess grease and stir in the onions and peppers.
- Cook on medium heat until the peppers are soft. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon onto the bun, top with the cheese and enjoy.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here. We love quick and easy meals!
More easy Sloppy Joe Recipes:
- Quick and Easy BBQ Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Sloppy Joes Recipe – Only 3 Ingredients
- Ultimate Sloppy Joes
- Best Sloppy Joes
- Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Easy Crock Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes recipe
- Pepperoni Pizza Sloppy Joes
- Sloppy Joes Stuffed Cheesy Bread