This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy everything you love about Philly Cheesesteak in this delicious Philly cheesesteak pasta recipe. This skillet recipe comes together in only minutes for a great meal.
Philly cheesesteak pasta recipe
Our family loves all things cheesesteak and this Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Recipe is out of this world! It is so cheesy and delicious for a meal everyone will enjoy.
Today, I thought we would try making philly cheesesteak pasta. The results? Everyone LOVED it!
I can’t wait to show you how to make it!
Check out this video to see how easy it is to make this Philly Cheesesteak Pasta!
What ingredients do you need to make philly cheesesteak pasta?
- Ground Beef
- Green Bell Pepper
- minced garlic
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Packet French Onion Soup Mix
- Beef stock
- Large Elbow Noodles
- Sliced Provolone Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
This all comes together for such an amazing meal full of flavor. All of the cheese and beef and delicious french onion flavor combine for an incredible meal.
How to make philly cheesesteak pasta:
First, add the ground beef, onion, green pepper and minced garlic to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until the beef is browned. Then drain any fat and return the skillet to the stove top.
Next mix in the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and the beef broth.
Then slowly stir in the milk.
Bring the mixture to a boil then add in the pasta.
Reduce the heat to low and cover.
Cook until the noodles are tender stirring occasionally approximately 7-10 minutes.
Then stir in the cheeses and heat until they are completed melted.
Enjoy! Keep reading for the full recipe.
It is just that simple to make philly cheese steak pasta!
Make sure you have a good skillet to make philly cheesesteak pasta recipe.
Cast iron is amazing! You can make so many different recipes and they are great for skillet recipes.
If you are not already cooking with one, you should! They are amazing and the food cooks so evenly.
Don’t be hesitant to use cast iron because it really is simple to use and maintain. It cooks the food so evenly and recipes turn out great.
What are good side dishes for this philly cheesesteak pasta?
This dish has pasta and meat, cheese and the best sauce. It really is a one pot meal.
You do not need much at all as far as side dishes. Try a simple side salad. It goes great with this pasta dish.
We love to keep things simple around here so we can get dinner on the table fast. It is so easy to pop one of those steam bags of veggies in the microwave.
Weeknights are really crazy around here so we just do what we can do! This meal makes family dinner a possibility even during crazy week of school, work and activities.
Tips to make philly cheesesteak pasta:
We keep onion and bell peppers in the freezer. So many of the recipes we use call for those ingredients.
I usually slice or chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need when cooking. It’s so nice to be able to just take the onion or pepper slices out of the freezer for recipes.
It saves a ton of time during the week and only takes a few extra minutes to do this meal prep step. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
Our family loves Philly Cheesesteak Pasta and it’s budget friendly!
This recipe helps stretch your meat budget thanks to all of the pasta mixed in. It is a great way to stretch a pound of meat.
Feel free to substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. We also have used other types of pasta.
I often just use what I already have or what is on sale at the grocery store. We are fans of using what we already have.
We love simple recipes like this. I keep recipes like this on the regular menu plan rotation because I know the entire family will enjoy these meals.
In fact, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget.
Try this recipe in the skillet or toss it all in the slow cooker. Either way, it is an amazing pasta dish. We love Philly cheesesteaks and this pasta dish combines all that we love.
The peppers and onion are thinly sliced so even the kids will eat the veggies. Plus, all of that cheesy goodness is just so amazing.
Print this easy philly cheesesteak pasta recipe below:
Philly Cheesesteak Pasta recipe
- 2 lbs Ground Beef browned and cooled
- 1 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 Onion Diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Packet French Onion Soup Mix
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 3 cups Large Elbow Noodles uncooked
- 8 oz Sliced Provolone Cheese Torn into smaller pieces
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- Add the ground beef, onion, green pepper, the french onion packet, and minced garlic to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until the beef is browned. Then drain any fat and return the skillet to the stove top.
- Next mix in the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and the beef broth.
- Then slowly stir in the milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then add in the pasta.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Cook until the noodles are tender stirring occasionally approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Then stir in the cheeses and heat until they are completed melted.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy pasta dishes:
- Pepperoni Pasta Bake – An easy 20 minute dinner idea
- Crockpot Baked Pasta with Meatballs
- Crock Pot Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- Easy Pasta Bake
- Crock pot cheesy chicken penne
Try these other easy philly cheeseteak recipes:
- Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Philly Cheesesteaks Recipe
- Crock Pot Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- Keto Philly Cheese Steak Skillet dinner
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed French Bread