Everyone loves Sloppy Joes! This Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe is amazing! With only a handful of ingredients, dinner will be on the table fast! The instant pot makes this meal even easier. It’s so good and the entire family gobbles this meal up.
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe
Dinner does not have to be complicated. This recipe is simple, easy and delicious! Plus, it’s very frugal friendly. You will never buy pre-made sloppy joes again! This recipe can’t be beat and it’s just so easy. Truly, you will kick yourself that you didn’t make this sooner. Plus, it all goes into the instant pot which means it’s super fast!
This is the best sloppy joe recipe!
If you don’t already have one, you will need an electric pressure cooker for this recipe. I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart if you prefer. We also used our instant pot to make another simple meal, Instant Pot Steak and Potatoes. I love having simple recipes I can throw together quickly. It really helps on busy nights. Take out is not that good and goodness it is expensive! Try this recipe and you will not need take out! Sloppy joes in the instant pot will save you money and taste better than take out. 🙂
Since purchasing an instant pot, it truly has changed meal time around here. I can pull together dinner in little to no time. Since I bought an instant pot, problem solved! You can find the Instant pot on sale here.
No worries if you don’t have an instant pot, you can try our Easy Crock Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe. It’s so delicious! We love using the slow cooker as well. It’s so handy to come home to dinner ready and waiting. Slow cooker sloppy joes are so good!
- 3 lbs of lean ground beef (or you can use ground turkey)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of mustard
- 1 1/2 cups of ketchup
- 1 cup of water (or beef broth)
- hamburger buns
How to make Sloppy Joes Pressure cooker recipe:
1. Place the instant pot on Saute setting. Brown the ground beef and drain any excess grease. (It’s also good to mix ground beef onions. We like to add onions)
2. Cancel the saute setting. Add in the mustard, brown sugar, ketchup and water. Stir occasionally. (It’s optional but Worcestershire sauce is also good) Be careful to stir and not let it stick to bottom of the pot. Add a little olive oil if it does.
3. Place the lid on the top and make sure the lid is set to sealing.
4. Turn instant pot pressure to high. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
5. You can do a quick release and turn the valve. Stir with a wooden spoon and serve on your favorite hamburger buns.
Serves 6-10 depending on the size of your buns.
Cook time is less than going to get take out. 🙂
Sloppy Joes from scratch are amazing and so simple to make!
Sometimes I will toast the hamburger buns. So good! We have also made sliders. Those are perfect for a party. Sloppy Joes are so yummy. We had these recently and it was a crazy busy day and I served them with chips. If I have more time, I love to make Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries. Those are so good and everyone loves them. Lazy Day Crock Pot Baked Beans and Corn on the Cob are also really good with Sloppy Joes.
You are going to love this Simple Sloppy Joe Recipe!
It’s hard to believe just how simple this Sloppy Joes recipe is! Such a great recipe. I’m certain you will add this to your monthly rotation of meals. It’s a hit with all ages and everyone will ask for seconds.
Print this Easy sloppy joes instant pot recipe below:
- 3 lbs of ground beef (or you can use ground turkey)
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- ⅓ cup of mustard
- 1½ cups of ketchup
- 1 cup of water (or beef broth)
- hamburger buns
- Place the instant pot on Saute setting. Brown the ground beef and drain any excess grease.
- Cancel the saute setting. Add in the mustard, brown sugar, ketchup and water. Stir.
- Place the lid on the top and make sure the lid is set to sealing.
- Set the pressure to high for 5 minutes.
- You can do a quick release. Stir and serve on your favorite hamburger buns.
- Serves 6-10 depending on the size of your buns.
Sometimes we want something sweet to go with dinner but I want it to be healthy. This Red White and Blue Fruit Salad is amazing! It’s perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth without it being heavy like cookies or cake. The fruit salad is also very simple to make. I often make this for parties and when I need to bring a dish somewhere. It’s gorgeous for Memorial Day or 4th of July. However, we eat it all year round!
Give this Easy Sloppy Joe Recipe a try!
We love having delicious meals and saving money too. We have incorporated these 8 Tips for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning and it’s really helped. Everyone is happy to get wonderful meals and I’m happy to save money. No more running around like crazy trying to figure out what is for dinner. That often led to take out or heading to a restaurant. Everyone knows how quickly that can add up! Plus, service isn’t always the best and the food not always that impressive. Many times I have left thinking I could have just cooked considering how long it took to get our food.
I have saved 50% off on our grocery bill and even more on eating out due to menu planning. You can’ t beat that! More money in my pocket for other things. This is perfect if you are looking to squeeze every penny or save for something special. Whatever your motivation is, give menu planning a try and see how much it helps! I knew I would save money but was really shocked at just how much. Plus, it alleviated so much stress in my life from trying to figure out what was for dinner!
Another tip I do is to keep a few things in the freezer. It’s great being able to pull out something for dinner in a pinch. A lot of times I will freeze the leftovers from Sloppy Joes. I have even made a double batch just so I will have leftovers. It freezes really well and it’s handy to pull out and re-heat on busy days. Put on hamburger buns, sliders, rolls or whatever you have! You could even make open faced sandwiches. They are really good topped with cheese and placed under the broiler for a few minutes. Yum! What is your favorite way to eat Sloppy Joes?
Another quick and easy dinner idea is Instant pot pulled pork recipe.There is lots of tender pork packed with flavor piled high on a fluffy roll! Dinner will be on the table fast with this delicious instant pot recipe.
You might also like Instant Pot Meatball Sandwich Recipe. I love meals that the entire family will enjoy and that only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Try these other Instant Pot pressure cooker recipes:
- Instant pot Boneless Pork Chops
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Instant pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- Pressure Cooker Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Instant Pot Roast Recipe