This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Jello cookies recipe is a fun and delicious way to enjoy cookies. The kids will go crazy over these and they are super easy to make!
Jello cookies recipe
Our kids just love these fun little cookies and they are packed with flavor. Our special ingredient to flavor up these cookies is simply using packages of jello… yes, Jello.
All we are doing is basically jazzing up a regular sugar cookie recipe with jello. The result… pure fun and pure flavor. 🙂
Check out this video to see how easy it is to make this Jello Cookies Recipe!
Once you make these, you will love them. They are just so easy to make and taste amazing.
You can enjoy all that you love about delicious sugar cookies but with a fun twist. Yum!
Let’s make this Jello sugar cookie recipe!
Now the ingredients are really easy. You probably have all of it in your pantry already.
Ingredients for easy jello cookies:
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 4 (3 oz) packages of jello (I used 4 different ones, but you could do 2 of 2 flavors, or 4 packages of 1 flavor.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Food coloring, optional (I needed to use some for the grape to brighten the color)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tarter
This jello cookie recipe is really easy to make!
The kids love to help and have a blast choosing what flavor jello to use.
How to make sugar cookies flavored with Jell-o:
All you do is prepare the batter like you would with normal cookies. Once that is complete you will separate them into 4 bowls (if you have 4 different colors).
Then you are going to pour in the jello package into each bowl. Start kneading the jello into the batter and you will start to see them change colors.
Once all the Jello is mixed in you will then form them into balls, roll them into the left over jello powder, place them on a cookies sheet, and flatten with a glass.
Again… the kids had a blast helping with this part.
Bake and enjoy!
They are really that simple. 🙂
The kids devoured them and loved them in their school lunches.
They are perfect for after school snacks, dessert and anytime! You can’t go wrong with these delicious and easy cookies. So light and fluffy!
Try them today. Make sure to leave us a comment and let us know how they turned out for you!
Print this jello cookies recipe below:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with a mixer -add in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cream of tarter.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the wet ingredients in the mixer.
- Divide the dough into four sections.
- Sprinkle two Tablespoons of jello onto each section and then knead the dough until combined. You can add a few drops of food coloring in, if you’d like the color to be more vibrant.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls into the extra jello powder or in the sugar.
- Then place dough onto the baking sheet two inches apart.
- Flatten the dough with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
If you love cheesecake, make sure you try this easy Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe.
Try this Italian cookies recipe that is so buttery and delicious with an amazing glaze that just brings it all together.
For even more fun, try this CHERRY POKE CAKE RECIPE sure to be a hit. We love easy desserts.
Try these other easy cookie recipes:
- M&M Cookies
- Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
- 4th of July Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- How to make Snowman Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe
- Amazing Chocolate Brownie Cookies Recipe
- Butter Cookies Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Moist and Rich Brownie Cookies
- Jello Cookies Recipe
- Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
- Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies
- Quick and Easy Monster Cookies
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chips Cookie Recipe
Try these other easy jell-o desserts:
- Jello Poke Cake Recipe
- Christmas Jello Poke Cake
- How to make red, white and blue jello
- Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe
Make sure you check out all the Christmas cookie exchange recipes.