Everything you need for a quick dinner is in this delicious Crock Pot Santa fe Chicken Salad recipe. Tons of tender chicken, black beans and corn combine for a hearty salad.
Serve over lettuce and top with cheese for a meal that will quickly become a family favorite.
Crock Pot Santa fe Chicken Salad
I don’t know about you but I really don’t like to heat up my kitchen in the summer. The days are longer, the weather warmer and we all just eat a little lighter.
This Santa fe Chicken salad recipe is so filling and delicious but not too heavy. Plus, the slow cooker does all the work.
You can literally toss most of the ingredients in the slow cooker and come home to dinner ready to enjoy. It is the best dinner and a recipe we make frequently.
Crock Pot Southwest Chicken Salad is simple and easy!
This meal is so easy to cook and requires very little work. Just serve the delicious chicken mixture over lettuce or spinach and that is all you do!
We also love to top it with avocado slices, crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese. This is so yummy but optional.
You can add you favorite dressing if you prefer. I think salsa would also be delicious.
Make sure you have a good slow cooker for Santa fe Chicken crock pot recipe.
We love crock pots around here. I have several and they get tons of use.
If you are in the market for something new, I really love my Ninja cooker. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker for recipes that call for that.
It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances and just makes life easier.
I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
You can also try santa fe chicken instant pot version if you are short on time and have a pressure cooker.
What all do I need to make Crockpot Chicken?
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- black beans
- frozen corn
- fresh cilantro
- minced garlic
- spinach or your favorite kind of lettuce
- cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
How do I make Crock Pot Santa fe Chicken salad?
This is literally a toss and go recipe. The chicken, tomatoes, beans and corn all cook together for such a delicious meal.
You can also add bell peppers for even more delicious veggies but that is optional.
We prefer to shred the chicken and it makes such a great mixture for the salad.
Spoon all that tasty chicken over spinach and lettuce for the perfect meal for busy weeknights.
Add your favorite toppings such as avocado, cheese and more. It is so good! Yum!
The kids really love to add lots of crushed tortillas to the salad. It adds lots of crunch that is so delicious.
There is so much flavor in Crock Pot Southwest Chicken Salad.
Feel free to adjust salt and seasoning to taste. You can also try using taco seasoning instead of all the spices.
Learn how to make homemade taco seasoning. It is so simple and easy.
I keep this on hand and it makes a big batch. You will save so much money making this at home.
It is so nice not having to buy the little packets all the time at the grocery store. Plus, I love knowing exactly what is in the taco seasoning.
This is one of our favorite slow cooker recipes and budget friendly!
You can easily substitute chicken thighs for chicken breasts and this recipe would still be delicious. Another idea is to took a mix of both.
This is a great way to help your budget and it will still turn out perfectly.
Both options are awesome. Just use what you have.
I am all about using what is on sale at the grocery store or that I already have in the freezer. I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for something else or to give you family wiggle room in the budget.
Easy recipes like this keep my family happy and my grocery budget in good shape. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable.
Plus, being able to throw this together quickly and easily really helps to avoid the temptation of getting take out. Everyone is much happier with a delicious home cooked meal anyway.
Take out these days is not that fast and costs a small fortune. It is even more if you have 8 kids like I do.
Plus, low calorie slow cooker chicken recipes are much healthier for your family!
Try serving this super easy Crock pot santa fe chicken salad over rice.
The chicken mixture is amazing served over rice if you want a change from salads. I love to cook once and eat twice.
Sometimes we will enjoy salads and then serve the leftovers over rice. So good!
You can learn how to freeze rice and you can make this meal even easier. It is so good with brown rice or white rice.
I love to grab the rice from the freezer in the morning and when we come home it is all ready to reheat and serve. We do this for lots of meals and it helps on busy weeknights.
Print this Southwest Chicken Salad recipe below:
Crock pot Santa Fe Chicken Salad
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies not drained
- 15 oz can black beans drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 cups spinach or your favorite kind of lettuce
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips crushed
- Place your chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker. On top of the chicken dump in the, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and salt in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8- 10 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred or ice.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste.
- Serve over spinach or lettuce.
- Serve with avocado slices on top and crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
We are always looking for healthy chicken crockpot recipes and this is a family favorite.
Try these other easy salad recipes:
- Easy Creamy Greek Salad Recipe
- Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
- Crock Pot Taco Salad Recipe
- Classic Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Easy Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe
- Creamy Bacon, Tomato, Avocado Pasta Salad Recipe
Check out these crock pot chicken recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Slow Cooker: Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- The Best Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe – only 3 ingredients
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Recipe