Crock pot sweet potato casserole is a delicious blend of diced sweet potatoes coated in brown sugar and more. Each bite is topped with pecans and mini marshmallows. It is divine!
Crock pot sweet potato casserole
Sweet potatoes are simply amazing. They are sweet and delicious. Just so yummy!
This casserole is so tasty and the crock pot makes it really easy. I mean really easy!
We have another Sweet Potato Casserole we also make. This new recipe is a bit different because the potatoes are diced and not mashed.
It’s really good and the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving and more. The dish is not expensive at all and always a crowd pleaser.
You can’t go wrong with this easy recipe! Give it a try!
- Sweet Potatoes – they need to be peeled and diced
- Butter- melted
- Brown Sugar – light or dark. It doesn’t matter so use what you prefer.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Extract
- Pecan- chopped
- Miniature Marshmallows
How to make crock pot sweet potato casserole:
First, get out a small bowl. Add the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract and mix together.
Second, put the diced sweet potatoes in a 4-6 quart crock pot. I like to use crockpot liners and it is so easy to cleanup.
Next, add the butter mixture to the crock pot. Mix everything together and toss the sweet potatoes so they are coated in the butter mixture.
Now, put the chopped pecans on top of the sweet potatoes and add the lid.
How Long to Cook Sweet Potato Casserole in a CrockPot
Let the casserole cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours until the potatoes are soft and tender.
During the last 10 to 15 minutes add the marshmallows and put the lid back on. You just want them to melt a little bit.
I told you it was easy. Enjoy!
Prepping Sweet Potatoes for Casserole
The potatoes need to be peeled and diced for this recipe. You can do some prep work ahead of time if you prefer.
To save time, peel and chop up to a day in advance. Just make sure to keep them in a bowl of water in the fridge.
How to Store Leftovers:
You can store in the fridge for 3-4 days. Just make sure you use a lid and it is covered well.
The casserole can be placed in another container with a lid or you can put the crock pot insert in the fridge.
Tips for slow cooker sweet potato casserole:
- The pecan topping in the recipe is optional. It will also be good with any of your favorite type of nuts. Walnuts or almonds would be great too!
- We used mini marshmallows but you can use regular size as well. I think either one would be delicious.
- If you have a lot of other things to cook, it is helpful to do the prep work in advance by going ahead and peeling and dicing the potatoes.
- Make sure you have a good crock pot for the recipe and you are set. I love the programmable ones so you can have it ready even if away.
- This recipe leaves the potatoes diced. However, if you prefer you can use a potato masher and mash them.
- If you like things sweeter, add a little bit of maple syrup or honey to the sweet potatoes before cooking.
This is quick and easy. You will love it! I just think sweet potatoes go hand in hand with Thanksgiving, Easter and really any day of the week!
It is so simple to prepare with very few ingredients. The results are absolutely delicious and the kids love all of the marshmallows.
I mean who doesn’t like marshmallows? Everyone will go crazy over this simple dish and you will probably be asked to make it year after year.
Print this crock pot sweet potato casserole recipe below:
Crock pot sweet potato casserole is a tasty blend of diced sweet potatoes coated in brown sugar. It's topped with pecans and marshmallows.
- 4 lbs Sweet Potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Pecans chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
Mix together the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract together in a small bowl.
Place the diced sweet potatoes in a 4-6 quart crock pot. Stir in the butter mixture and toss the sweet potatoes to coat the sweet potatoes in the butter mixture. Top it with the chopped pecans.
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours until the potatoes are soft.
Place the marshmallows on top for the last 10-15 minutes to softly melt the marshmallows.
Serve it immediately and enjoy!
More thanksgiving side dish recipes:
- Crockpot stuffing
- Slow cooker creamed corn
- Green Bean Casserole
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Corn casserole recipe
- Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Casserole
- easy stuffing recipe
- Cranberry Jello salad