This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This no added sugar Strawberry Applesauce is delicious and easy to make. Fresh Strawberries and apples simmer together to create a healthy snack.
Easy Strawberry Applesauce Recipe:
This simple ingredients applesauce is loaded with flavor and easy to make. Fresh strawberries simmer with fresh apples to create a healthy snack or side dish. The desired consistency of applesauce is perfectly smooth and creamy.
Homemade applesauce is one of my favorite things to make. I have been making it since my kids were babies so I could control the ingredients. You can easily use different types of apples or try with other fruit.
Skip the applesauce pouches at the store and make homemade strawberry applesauce. You will be so surprised how easy it is to make and how delicious it is.
What Kind of Apples are best?
Try this Homemade applesauce with varieties of apples. Just make sure to peel, core, and chop before simmering in the sauce pan. These are some of our favorite apples choices.
- Golden Delicious
- Pink Lady
- Tart Apple
- Sweet Apples
- Large Apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- Strawberries (hulled and chopped)
- Ground Cinnamon
How to Make Strawberry Applesauce:
- Step 1 – Boil Apples – Put the apples, water and cinnamon in a large pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for approximately 15 minutes (stirring occasionally) on stove top.
- Step 2 – Stir in Strawberries – Stir in the strawberries and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Step 3 – Cool Mixture – Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Step 4 – Transfer Mixture – Use a slotted spoon to transfer the mixture to a blender. Leaving the liquid behind in the pot.
- Step 5 – Blend Ingredients – Blend until smooth.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the applesauce is ready to serve while warm and enjoy. This recipe takes about 30 minutes to prepare.
Can I Make this Recipe with Frozen Strawberries?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries in this recipe. But we prefer the taste of fresh strawberries better. Frozen strawberries would be best if making this recipe when strawberries are not in season.
Applesauce Strawberry Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Fruit – When making this recipe, prepare fruit by peeling, chopping and coring. I like to cut them about the same size so they cook evenly in a lar pot.
- Cool – After boiling the strawberries and apples make sure to let the mixture cool before blending.
- Blending Ingredients – We recommend blending ingredients with a food processor. But you can also use a immersion blender or a regular blender on medium speed.
Do I remove the Apple Peels?
We recommend peeling the apples before cooking and blending. If you leave the peel on it will give the applesauce textures. If you filling pouches with this applesauce for small kids, you may want to remove them.
- Flavor – For a delicious flavor, feel free to add in fresh squeeze lemon juice or a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Sweetened the Applesauce – The combination of these ingredients gives the applesauce a natural sweetness. But you can add in a tablespoon of honey to make it sweeter.
- Change the Fruit – Change the flavor of the applesauce but using different types of fruit. You can use peaches slices, pears, raspberries or blueberries. You can also use a combination of fruit.
- Slow Cooker – If you prefer, you can cook the apples and strawberries in the crock pot for variation.
How to Serve Strawberry Applesauce:
Not only is this strawberry applesauce perfect for little kids, adults love it too. You can serve it with many things and these are some of our favorites.
- Yogurt – Easy fruit and yogurt parfait has layers of creamy yogurt, granola and fresh fruit. Make these in advance for a quick breakfast or snack on the go. This applesauce is delicious and healthy addition to your morning yogurt.
- Oatmeal – If you love having oatmeal in the morning, add a scoop of this strawberry apple sauce for flavor.
- Snack – I love to serve this as afternoon snack with string cheese and crackers. It is healthy and balances out a healthy snack.
- Grilled Chicken – Tender chicken, fresh veggies and a zesty homemade dressing combine for a great grilled chicken salad. This is the perfect Summer salad with tons of flavor. Strawberry Applesauce makes a light and healthy side to this grilled chicken salad.
Can I Freeze Strawberry Applesauce?
Yes, this applesauce can be frozen to enjoy again. We recommend cooling the applesauce to room temperature. Place in a zip lock bag or air tight container.
If you store in a zip log bag, make sure to squeeze out the air to avoid freezer burn. When ready to enjoy again, allow the mixture thaw. Then give it a stir and enjoy again.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5-7 days.
Why We Love This Recipe:
- Simple Ingredients – This applesauce is made with simple ingredients. Which makes it a healthy snack and budget friendly.
- Easy to Make – It is worth the taste to make your applesauce at home. It is easy to make and using fresh fruit makes for the best applesauce.
- Many Health Benefits – Strawberries and applesauce are loaded with vitamins and fiber.
- Crowd Favorite – This applesauce recipe is loved by kids and adults. There are many ingredients that can be added and you can even change the fruit.
Print Recipe for Strawberry Applesauce:
- 6 Large Apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 16 ounces Strawberries hulled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Put the apples, water and cinnamon in a large stock pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for approximately 15 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Stir in the strawberries and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the mixture to a blender leaving the liquid behind in the pot.
- Blend until smooth.
- Then the applesauce is ready to serve while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe