Never buy over-priced taco seasoning packets again – Try this Homemade Taco Seasoning recipe!
Do you use those taco seasoning packets a lot?
I know that we used to! However, if you don’t get them for FREE with a coupon, then they are really quite expensive. All those packets are … just convenience in a package.
It is easy to make!
All you do is mix all the ingredients up in a jar. Then use 2 Tablespoons of your new mixture instead of a seasoning packet. It is that easy – one quick step and you have it ready to use it in any of your favorite recipes!
Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tablespoons of Chili
- 1 Tablespoon of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt (or garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- ¼ of cayenne or red pepper flakes (you can double this if you want an extra kick)
- Mix all the seasonings in a small bowl. Transfer to a jar and reserve.
- When you need taco seasoning, use 2 Tablespoons for a for a pound of meat (or just use 2 Tablespoons for any soup). I even labeled my jar that so I didn't forget.
Generally I double or triple this recipe so I don’t have to make it very often, and I put it in an old spice container or in a small mason jar and I am ready for my next taco night.
Now that you have a delicious taco seasoning recipe, try these yummy Mexican dishes:
- Over 100 of the BEST Mexican Recipes
- The Best Baked Mexican Chicken – Coated with crushed tortilla chips!
- Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- The BEST Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Taco Chicken Soup in the Crockpot
- Crockpot Taco Rice Soup – Turn your left over tacos into a second meal!
- White Chicken Taco Chili Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Taco Bowls
- Crockpot Taco Salad