Many people have had tomato and mozzarella salad before and it was cold. I always think it looks delicious, but I am not a fan of cold tomatoes. A few weeks ago I thought… Why now make it in the oven?? I have a small love for roasted tomatoes. I cannot stand cold tomatoes, but if you stick them in the oven for a few minutes… I am in love! 😉 Grape tomatoes were on sale, so I tried it out. My husband and I devoured the entire pan all by ourselves. It was love at first bite! Our kids were not a fan, but we loved it.
Great for entertaining!
This side dish would be a fun appetizer or side dish when you are having people over. They don’t have to know it didn’t require much effort. 😉
Make sure you Pin it, so you don’t forget to try it.
- Handful of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes (cut them in half)
- 2 Tablespoons of Vinegar (Red wine or Balsamic is fabulous)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Handful of Mozzarella Cheese
- A Drizzle of Olive oil (not much needed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the Cherry or Grape Tomatoes in half.
- Place them in a baking dish.
- Pour Vinegar over the tomatoes
- Drizzle with olive oil (not much)
- Season with salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning
- Place in the oven and allow to roast for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place back in oven for a minute or two until the cheese melts.
- Serve as a side dish with your favorite meal.
You can still get tomatoes for a good price, especially at Crest right now, so make sure you try this one out.