This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe is a one pot meal thanks to the pressure cooker. Spend less time cooking and cleaning up when you make this delicious meal perfect for busy weeks.
We love spaghetti around here but thanks to the instant pot this meal just got even easier. You literally can put all that you need for this meal in the pressure cooker and have dinner in minutes!
Instapot Spaghetti and Meatballs is easily made in the pressure cooker. All the ingredients but the cheese is placed in the instant pot. Yes, even the pasta gets added to the instant pot and cooked al dente.
This recipe really cuts down on multiple pans for the meat, the marinara sauce and another to boil the noodles. None of that is necessary when you make this recipe. Just one pot is needed.
This is a game changer during busy weeknights and the flavor can’t be beat. If you loved our Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce, or Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce you will love this spaghetti meatballs pressure cooker recipe. It is so fast and easy with tons of flavor.
Ingredients You Need:
- Frozen Meatballs
- Pasta Sauce
- Beef Broth
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Grated Parmesan
Can you Cook Dry Pasta in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can and it really cuts down on having to use multiple pots and pans. The tomato sauce and broth provide the liquid needed to cook the dry pasta.
How to Make Instant pot Spaghetti and Meatballs?
- Add everything to Instant Pot – Place everything but the parmesan in the Instant pot. You can add in olive oil to prevent from sticking.
- Close the Lid and Cook – Add the lid and set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Cook time may vary.
- Quick Release Pressure – Do a quick release to release the pressure. Then open the lid.
- Stir to Combine Ingredients – Stir to combine the pasta sauce.
- Top with Parmesan and Serve – Serve with fresh parmesan on top.
Can I use Ground Beef Instead?
Yes, you can use ground beef instead. You can place the ground beef in the instant pot to cook with the other ingredients.
Do I have to use Frozen Meatballs?
No, you can make Homemade Meatballs. They are easy to make with simple ingredients. We used frozen meatballs just because it was easier, but we like making homemade so we can adjust the ingredients.
What to serve with Spaghetti and Meatballs?
This spaghetti and meatball recipe is a hearty meal. So we like to make easy sides to pair with it. These are some of our favorites.
- Vegetables – We like to serve it with a simple side salad or Easy Grilled Broccoli.
- Cheese Bread – We love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe. This is the perfect cheese stick recipe to dip into the sauce.
- Meatballs – Use different flavors of meatballs. The frozen meatballs come in a variety of flavors, use what your family likes.
- Change the Pasta – We used spaghetti noodles, but you can use rigatoni, penne or angel hair pasta.
- Change the Seasoning – Feel free to add in different seasoning to what you have on hand.
- Layer Ingredients – When adding ingredients to the instant pot, do not stir. It is important to layer as the recipe indicates. This allows the spaghetti noodles to be placed correctly in the pressure cooker.
- Quick Release – When making this recipe you want to do the quick release. This makes sure that noodles do not overcook.
How to Thicken the Sauce:
When we make spaghetti we love to make a thicker sauce. We have gathered the tips and tricks on How to Thicken Spaghetti Sauce. Once of the best ways to thicken sauce is to allow your sauce to simmer for longer.
You can also add in other ingredients such as tomato paste or make a cornstarch slurry.
Can I double the Pressure Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs?
Yes, this is the perfect recipe to double. Make sure you layer the ingredients as indicated. We recommend using a instant pot that is at least an 8 qt to prevent from over filling the pressure cooker.
The pot may take a little longer to reach pressure, but you still should be able to cook for about 10 minutes.
How to Store Instant Pot Spaghetti and Frozen Meatballs:
Pressure cooking is so quick and your family will love this instant pot spaghetti. Let us know what you think about instant pot meatballs and sauce.
Print this Pressure cooker spaghetti and frozen meatballs recipe below:
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- Place everything but the parmesan in the Instant pot.
- Add the lid and set the pressure for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve with fresh parmesan on top and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Baked Ziti Recipe