Copycat In-N-Out Animal Style Fries is delicious, cheesy loaded fries. Simple ingredients make these French Fries one of our favorite copycat recipes.
Copycat In and Out Animal Style Fries Recipe:
In and Out Fries Animal Style is a must when you visit the famous fast food restaurant. French Fries are taken to the next level with caramelized onions, melted cheese and the animal style sauce.
We love making copycat recipes from our favorite restaurants. Since we don’t have an In-N-Out close by, my kids insisted I make their favorite fries at home. They all agreed that this recipe was delicious and even tasted better.
What are Animal Fries at In and Out?
If you have an In-N-Out Fast Food Restaurant nearby you, then you must get their French Fries Animal Style secret menu item. They take their fries and top them with their famous secret sauce, caramelized onions and slice cheese.
This really takes Regular Order French Fries to the next level. You will need a fork to eat them so you can grab all the ingredients in one bite. Delicious, flavorful fries and now you can make them at home.
Animal Fries In-N-Out Ingredients:
- Frozen French Fries
- American Cheese
- White Onion, chopped
In and Out Sauce Ingredients:
- Sweet Pickle Relish
- White Vinegar
How to Make In and Out Animal Style Fries :
- Step 1 -Prepare the French fries based on the package instructions. You can either bake, fry or air fry the French fries.
- Step 2 – While the fries are cooking, prepare the sauce and fried onions.
- Step 3 – Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Step 4 – Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Then top the melted butter with the chopped onions. Sauté the onions in the butter until they are caramelized (3-5 minutes).
- Step 5 – Then place the fries on a plate, cover with the slices of American cheese melted slices, grilled onions and the sauce.
- Step 6 – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
How to Make In and Out Sauce:
The ingredients for Copycat In-N-Out sauce recipe is very simple. There is no need for ingredients that you can’t pronounce.
The ingredients we use you probably already have and combining these ingredients you will want to spread it on everything. Some say this sauce is similar to thousand island dressing.
Combine the ingredients in a bowl and chill for at least an hour before serving. This is the perfect sauce to make ahead of time.
- White Vinegar
How to use the Secret Sauce:
Use this sauce in many different ways.
- Use it as a Marinate – This sauce would be great to marinate your chicken breast or chicken thighs in. Just place chicken in a zip lock bag and spoon in some sauce. Let it marinate overnight and then grill or bake your chicken.
- Burger Bowl – I like to eat burger with no bun and make a burger bowl. I line a bowl with lettuce, dice up the burger and drizzle this sauce over the top. It gives it amazing flavor and I know exactly what is in the sauce.
What to Serve with Animal Style French Fries?
These Animal Style are the perfect appetizer to serve for game day or hanging out on the weekend. You can also serve as a side.
- Grilled Cheese
- Double Double Hamburgers
- Hot Dogs
How to Store Leftovers:
These fries are best served fresh. We do not recommend storing left over style french fries as they will turn soggy.
You can refrigerate the sauce in an airtight container for up to 1 week. The sauce is also great served as an animal style burger or as a dipping sauce.
Print Recipe here for Copycat In-N-Out Animal Style Fries:
Copycat In-N-Out Animal Style Fries
- 32 oz Frozen French Fries
- 4 slices American Cheese
- 1 White Onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp Butter
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- Prepare the french fries based on the package instructions. You can either bake, fry or air fry the french fries.
- While the fries are cooking, prepare the sauce and fried onions.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Then top the melted butter with the chopped onions. Sauté the onions in the butter until they are caramelized (3-5 minutes).
- Then place the fries on a plate, cover with the American cheese slices, caramelized onions and the sauce.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe