You only need 3 ingredients to make Pecan rolo pretzels. These pretzel rolo pecans have sweet and salty layers topped with a pecan for the perfect treat.
Pecan rolo pretzels
This is probably one of the easiest recipes ever. Only 3 ingredients and just a few minutes is all you need to make this decadent pecan treat.
The sweet caramel and salty pretzels create a combination that makes for a great dessert. The pecan on top brings it all together.
We love easy to make desserts and Rolo Pretzels with m&m’s is another easy variation. This dessert is so simple to make and adapt to your preference.
They make amazing holiday treats but the recipe is simple enough for year round.
- Pretzels – I used the snap pretzels but the twist pretzels will work too. You can use what you prefer.
- Rolo candy – The caramel and chocolate combination is even better baked.
- Pecan Halves
How to make pecan rolo pretzels
- First, preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Second get out a baking sheet. It is optional but you might want to line with parchment paper.
- Now arrange the pretzels in a single layer to the baking sheet.
- Take off all of the candy wrappers off the rolos. Place a Rolo on top of each pretzel and gently press down.
- Finally, bake for 3 to 5 minutes until the chocolate starts to glisten but still keep their shape. You don’t want the chocolate to completely melt.
- Remove from oven and gently press a pecan half on top of each Rolo pretzel. Press down gently to spread the chocolate and caramel out onto the pretzel. You don’t want to totally flatten it so be gentle.
- Let the caramel pretzels cool completely so they harden. You can place in the fridge until completely cooled to speed this process along.
How to store easy pretzel rolo pecans:
The leftovers can be stored at room temperature. If you live in a humid area than I recommend storing them in the refrigerator.
I suggest placing a layer of wax paper in between the chocolate covered treats so they don’t stick to each other.
Variations for pretzel turtles
- Milk Chocolate: Instead of Rolo chocolate Candy, use a Hershey Kiss or M&M’s. White chocolate is good too. If you use m&m’s, try variations such as peanut butter, peppermint or dark chocolate.
- Nuts: Substitute walnuts for pecans. You can also crush the nuts instead of leaving whole. Just sprinkle on top of the chocolate.
- Pretzels: Twist or square pretzels work great. Use what you have or prefer. You just need something that will hold up to the chocolate.
The circle ones aren’t ideal but could be used in a pinch. If you use these, be careful the toppings don’t sink in.
- Seasonal: These can easily be made for various holidays, birthday parties, Game Day and more. We love to use red and green m&m’s for Christmas and pastels for Easter.
- Caramel: Drizzle caramel over top of each rolo pretzel turtle.
How to freeze:
Flash freeze the treats first by putting them on a baking sheet or plate in the fridge. Allow them to stay in the fridge for about an hour.
Then put the treats inside an airtight container or bag in the freezer. You can easily grab a couple when the craving strikes.
They shouldn’t stick together since they were flash frozen first. The treats will last up to 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
Print the recipe for pretzel rolo pecans:
Pecan Rolo Pretzels
- 50 Pretzels I used the snap pretzels but the twist pretzels will work too.
- 12 oz Package Rolos
- 50 Pecan Halves
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Lay out the pretzels in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Remove all the Rolo wrappers and place one Rolo on top of each pretzel.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 3-5 minutes until the Rolos glisten but still keep their shape.
- Remove from oven and immediately lightly press a pecan half on each Rolo pretzel and press down to spread the chocolate and caramel out onto the pretzel.
- Allow to cool completely so they harden. I like to place them in the fridge until completely cooled.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe