Learn how to make the most delicious pimento cheese sandwich in minutes. This Southern classic is perfect for picnics, luncheons and more.
Whether you grew up in the South or not, this Pimento cheese sandwich recipe is a must try. It has the perfect blend of cheese, mayo and seasonings.
Now, I’m extremely picky about Pimento cheese. It can’t have too much mayonnaise or be too dry. The cheese blend has to be just right. I definitely prefer when sharp cheddar is used and consider it a non negotiable.
I usually find something wrong with store bought pimento cheese because it has to be just right. Needless to say, this recipe is just perfect! You are going to love it because we did all the work to get it just right.
- Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded) – I suggest taking a few extra minutes to grate the cheese yourself. It has a different consistency then bags of shredded cheese and the pimento cheese will turn out much better.
- Cream Cheese – Full fat! Now isn’t the time to try light or fat free.
- Pimento Peppers – drain these well! No one likes runny pimento cheese.
- Mayonnaise – Use a good quality mayo. Most people are pretty loyal to one brand so just use what you love.
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper – this is optional. Add if you like a little heat but omit if you prefer a traditional pimento cheese. Check out Best Cayenne Pepper Substitute if you don’t like to use cayenne
- Sliced bread
How to make pimento cheese sandwich
First, put all of the ingredients (except for the bread) in a large mixing bowl.
Next, use a hand held mixer or stir by hand to get everything well combined. If you are doing this by hand, make sure to use a sturdy spoon. You can also use a food processor to help get everything combined.
Finally, make your sandwich! It is that easy. Spoon pimento cheese on the slices of bread. Cut and enjoy.
Pimento sandwich recipe is that easy.
What do you eat pimento cheese with?
Pimento cheese isn’t just for sandwiches. Try some of these ideas.
- Top your burger with this yummy spread.
- Make a grilled cheese with pimento cheese.
- Add to breakfast biscuits. This is great on bacon biscuits.
- Eat with crackers as a dip. Pickles and olives go great with this too.
- Heat the pimento cheese in the oven and serve as a hot dip with tortilla chips or pita chips. Once out of the oven, top with a little spicy tomato jam before serving.
- Try it on a quesadilla. You can use it as a topping or enjoy alone. Either way, it is the best.
- This is delicious with fried green tomatoes. You can serve it on top of the tomatoes as an appetizer.
- BLT- This is a little different than a traditional BLT. Add bacon, fried green tomatoes and pimento cheese to toasted bread. Slice and enjoy.
- Add bell peppers or roasted red peppers to the cheese mixture and enjoy this way. Veggie lovers will like this.
As you can see, the ideas are endless for this yummy recipe. We love to find new ways to enjoy it.
I try to always keep a container of pimento cheese in the fridge. It is so easy to turn into a quick meal. I can just as quickly turn it into a dip for unexpected guests to snack on.
Trust me, it is so good. You will want to keep some in your fridge as well!
Print this Easy pimento sandwich recipe below:
Pimento cheese sandwich
- 2 cups Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened at room temperature and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 oz Pimento Peppers drained and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper Optional
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 12 slices of bread
- Place all the ingredients except for the bread in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together with a hand held mixer or by hand with a sturdy spoon until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the pimento cheese mixture onto 6 of the slices of bread and top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy sandwich recipes:
- Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe
- Pinwheel Sandwiches Recipe
- Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- Easy Chicken Salad
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- Egg salad sandwich recipe
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwich Recipe
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Avocado Sandwich