This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make this delicious Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe for a quick lunch or a picnic dinner that everyone will love. Not only is it budget friendly and easy to make but it tastes amazing.
On Sunday, I try to do meal prep for the week and this is usually one of the things I make. I love having it ready in the fridge for a quick and easy sandwich recipe.
Another quick meal we love to make is Cucumber Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe. This is another fast and easy recipe that can be ready in just 10 minutes.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
This easy egg salad sandwich combines ingredients that are simple and can easily be made in a variety of ways. This classic egg salad recipe can easily be made ahead of time.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs and Cooled
- Dijon Mustard
- Green Onion, thinly sliced
- Rib Celery, finely diced
- Fresh Dill, chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Romaine Lettuce
- Wheat Bread
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe in the recipe card.
- Greek Yogurt – Feel free to use Greek Yogurt instead of mayo for a lower calorie option.
- Seasoning – You can add chives, red onion, and fresh herbs to the egg yolks mixture.
- Bread – Make this egg salad sandwich with different types of bread slices.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Cut eggs in half. Remove yolks and chop egg whites.
Step 2 – Mash yolks with mayonnaise, mustard and salt & pepper to taste until smooth and creamy.
Step 3 – Add remaining ingredients and stir egg salad mixture well.
Step 4 – Serve on slices of bread or with a slice of lettuce.
- Hard Boiled Eggs – Make the hard boiled eggs ahead of time to save time.
- Combining Ingredients – We recommend to combine the ingredients thoroughly. You may use a potato masher for best results. Chop the veggies about the same size to help with serving.
I like to keep it simple and just have some cut up veggies and fresh fruit or this fruit salad recipe. This is perfect if I am eating on the go.
We have packed a picnic or had a few friends over and served it with some of these:
- Classic Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Just keep it simple. All of these are easy and delicious choices.
Egg salad is also great for bridal showers, luncheons and more. It is so easy and a great meal idea when you need frugal, quick and easy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Store leftover in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Yes, egg salad can be frozen, but there are a few things you need to know. See can you freeze egg salad to learn more.
Find More Easy Sandwich Ideas:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Avocado Sandwich
- Crock Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Crock Pot Root Beer Sandwich
- Turkey Sandwich Recipe
- Pimento cheese sandwich
We love hearing from you. If you make this recipe for egg salad sandwich, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Egg Salad Sandwich
- Cut eggs in half. Remove yolks and chop whites.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise, mustard and salt & pepper to taste until smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Serve on bread with a slice of lettuce
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe