This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Turkey Melt Sandwich is piled high with layers of turkey, bacon and cheese. Make this sandwich for lunch or an easy weeknight meal.
Easy Turkey Bacon Melt Sandwich Recipe:
We love making cheese sandwiches for a quick lunch or dinner. But adding the layer of turkey deli meat and bacon makes it the ultimate toast sandwiches. If you like getting a turkey melt at your favorite deli, save time and money and make it at home.
This sandwich is like a yummy grilled cheese sandwich but with extra layers of turkey and bacon. We love to add in tomato slices and lettuce for the extra crunch and flavor.
Add a side of fruit and chips for a complete meal that everyone will enjoy.
- Deli Turkey
- Provolone Cheese
- Tomato (sliced)
- Sourdough Bread
How to Make Turkey Melt Sandwich Recipe:
- Step 1 – Cooking Bacon – Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until the bacon is cooked through and crispy bacon. Move to a plate lined with a paper towel and set aside.
- Step 2 – Warm Turkey – Warm the turkey by placing the deli turkey on a plate and microwaving it for 30 seconds.
- Step 3 – Butter Slice of Bread – Butter one side of all the slices of the sourdough bread.
- Step 4 – Heat Skillet – Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place one bread in the skillet (butter side down). Top with 2 slices of the cheese, half of the turkey, 3 strips of bacon and sliced tomatoes.
- Step 5 – Spread Mayonnaise – Spread mayonnaise on another piece of bread. Place it on top of the sandwich (mayonnaise side in).
- Step 6 – Cook Sandwich – Cook the sandwich until the bread is golden brown. Flip the sandwich and cook until the opposite side is golden brown.
- Step 7 – Continue Cooking – Follow the process with the remaining bread and ingredients to make the 2nd sandwich.
- Step 8 – Slice and Enjoy – Then slice the sandwich in half. Serve warm and enjoy.
What to Serve with a Turkey Melt:
- Fruit Salad – Make an easy fruit cup or fruit salad to serve with this turkey melt.
- Potato Chips – We like to have different potato chip options when making this sandwich.
- Pasta Salad – We love a classic pasta salad to serve with this Turkey Melt. They are easy to make and you can add in a variety of ingredients.
What is the Best Bread to use?
We like to use really good bread when making this delicious sandwich. We like crispy bread and the sourdough bread always cooks perfectly. Here are some of the other options.
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Artisan Loaf Bread
- Rye Bread
- Texas Toast
- Serving – These are best served fresh. We recommend making what everyone can eat.
- Panini Press – You can easily make this sandwich in a panini press as well if you have one.
- Bacon – This delicious grille turkey melt is best when made with crisp bacon. We usually use the regular cut of bacon, but you can use what you prefer.
- Warm Turkey – We like to warm the turkey before making the sandwich. This is an a perfect sandwich to use leftover turkey with.
Turkey Sandwich Melt Variations:
- Cheese – Feel free to change the cheese in this recipe. We love the flavor and the cheese melts when using provolone. But you can also use pepper jack cheese, monterrey jack cheese, or mozzarella cheese.
- Turkey – There are many flavors of turkey that you can get at the deli. I like the pepper jack turkey or the roasted turkey. Feel free to buy what you prefer.
- Bread – This sandwich is great with any type of bread. I have even made an air fryer turkey melt and it turned out delicious.
How to Store Leftovers:
This sandwich is best served fresh. Store your leftovers in the fridge in separate containers.
Print Recipe for Turkey Melt Sandwich:
Turkey Melt Sandwich
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until the bacon is cooked through and crispy. Move to a plate lined with a paper towel and set aside.
- Warm the turkey by placing the deli turkey on a plate and microwaving it for 30 seconds.
- Butter one side of all the slices of the sourdough bread.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place one bread in the skillet (butter side down). Top with 2 slices of the cheese, half of the turkey, 3 strips of bacon and sliced tomatoes. Spread mayonnaise on another piece of bread and place it on top of the sandwich (mayonnaise side in). Cook the sandwich until the bread is golden brown. Flip the sandwich and cook until the opposite side is golden brown.
- Follow the process with the remaining ingredients to make the 2nd sandwich.
- Then slice the sandwich in half. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Sandwich Recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Pimento Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- Bacon Sandwich
- Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
- Turkey Sandwich Recipe