This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Spaghetti Tacos is a twist on your taco recipe. If you love spaghetti and tacos then you need to make this recipe. Simple ingredients makes this recipe delicious.
What are Spaghetti Tacos?
Spaghetti Tacos is the perfect weeknight meal. Spaghetti noodles are mixed with ground beef and taco seasoning and stuffed into a taco shell. This is a fun, delicious and a favorite taco recipe.
The combination of the flavors of the spaghetti sauce with the noodles is delicious. This mixture is then stuffed in a taco shell to make the ultimate family dinner. We eat tacos or spaghetti weekly, now we can have both of our favorites in one meal.
- Spaghetti Noodles (7 ounce package)
- Lean Ground Beef
- Packet of Taco Seasoning (1 oz packet)
- Spaghetti Sauce (26 ounces)
- Stand and Stuff Taco Shells (7 oz package – 15 shells)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Spaghetti Tacos:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Cook Noodles – Break the spaghetti noodles in half and cook them based on the package instructions to al dente. Drain.
- Step 3 – Cook Ground Beef – Brown the ground meat in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain off any excess grease.
- Step 4 – Mix in seasoning – Stir in the taco seasoning, spaghetti sauce and water. Stir to combine and cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes until heated through. We like to reduce the heat to allow the mixture to simmer.
- Step 5 – Stir in Noodles – Remove the pan from the heat. Then stir in the cooked spaghetti until the noodles are covered in the sauce.
- Step 6 – Bake Taco Shells – Place the taco shells in a 9X13 baking pan. Bake the taco shells for 5-6 minutes.
- Step 7 – Fill Taco Shells – Fill the taco shells with the spaghetti mixture until the shells are approximately 2/3 – ¾ full. Then top with the grated parmesan cheese.
- Step 8 – Serve & Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
- Cook Noodles – Break noodles and prepare the noodles according to the package. It is important to not over cook the noodles and cook them al dente.
- Taco Shells – We recommend using the stand and stuff taco shells. This taco shells have flat bottom to allow you to easily add in the spaghetti noodle mixture.
- Serving – This recipe is best served immediately when the spaghetti tacos are prepared. The shells will get soggy if not served as soon as they are filled.
- Baking – Bake the taco shells before adding in the spaghetti mixture. You can also bake for a few minutes after topping with the cheese.
- Taco Seasoning – We like to make homemade taco seasoning but you can also use store bought taco seasoning.
- Noodles – We like using spaghetti noodles, but you can also make this angel hair pasta if you like the thinner noodles. Any bite size noodles would work this recipe, you may just need to adjust your cooking time.
- Meat – You can easily make this recipe with ground turkey. I have even used a combination of ground turkey and ground beef for delicious flavor.
- Cheese – Because this mixture has a Mexican flavor, you can easily use cheddar cheese instead of parmesan cheese. Colby Monterrey Jack cheese would also be delicious.
- Pasta Sauce – We used a spaghetti sauce in this recipe, but you can substitute with crushed tomatoes or diced tomatoes.
- Omit the Meat – If you prefer to make this recipe without the meat, you can substitute with beans.
What to Serve with Spaghetti Tacos:
These spaghetti tacos can be served with many different sides. These are some of our favorites.
- Garden Salad
- Chips and Queso
- Garlic Bread
- Roasted Vegetables
How to Store:
You can store the leftover spaghetti mixture in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Only assemble the tacos that you are going to enjoy as the shells will get soggy as they are stored.
Can I Freeze Taco Spaghetti?
Taco spaghetti can be placed in the freezer, but I would freeze the noodle mixture separately. Place in a freezer container and it will stay good for up to 3 months.
Print Recipe for Spaghetti Tacos:
- 1 pkg Spaghetti Noodles 7 ounce package
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Taco Seasoning packet 1 oz packet
- 1 jar Spaghetti Sauce 26 ounces
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 pkg Stand and Stuff Taco Shells 7 oz package – 15 shells
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and cook them based on the package instructions to al dente. Drain.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, spaghetti sauce and water. Stir to combine and cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes until heated through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cooked spaghetti until the noodles are covered in the sauce.
- Place the taco shells in a 9X13 baking pan. Bake the taco shells for 5-6 minutes.
- Fill the taco shells with the spaghetti mixture until the shells are approximately 2/3 – ¾ full. Then top with the grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe