This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This copycat jalapeno sauce will soon by your go-to recipe for all your Copycat Taco Bell Recipes. It is loaded with flavor and made with simple pantry ingredients. You will love the flavor and amazing taste.
We love making homemade quesadilla sauce recipes, because we we can control the ingredients. Make sure to check out these homemade sauce recipes to use for dipping on spreading on your favorite recipes.
Table of Contents
Why Make this Jalapeno Sauce:
Taco Bell jalapeno sauce is a delicious sauce recipe that takes less than 5-minutes to prepare. This creamy sauce is loaded with flavor and you can easily store in a jar to enjoy all week.
Easily blend the spice with mayo and sour cream in a bowl for an easy copycat recipe.
Jalapeno Sauce Ingredients:
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Pickled Jalapeños
- Pickled Jalapenos Juice
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card.
- Jalapenos – We used pickled jalapenos in this recipe. But if you prefer you can use fresh jalapeno peppers. It will change the flavor of the sauce as it might be a bit spicier. You may need to add in a tablespoon of vinegar to help balance the flavor if using fresh jalapenos.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer. We have added in a ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper for a spicier taste. You can even add a teaspoon sugar for a hint of sweetness.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Step 2 – Chill until ready to enjoy!
- Combining Ingredients – We like to combine everything in a food processor but you can also use a blender. You want the texture to be smooth and creamy. Scrape the sides of the food processor after blending to make sure all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Chill Sauce – Allow the sauce to chill for at least 2 hours before serving. This helps the ingredients to blend easily for an easy copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce.
- Ingredients – When making this recipe, we recommend using full fat sour cream. The low fat option may not taste the same and the texture may turn out different.
How to Make Chicken Quesadilla:
Quesadillas are a great way to use up leftover meat or make it with shredded cheese. They are the perfect appetizer or a quick lunch on the weekends.
We love this Easy Chicken Quesadillas Recipe anytime I have leftover chicken.
- Step 1 – Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Place tortilla of your choice in the skillet and top with shredded cheese and chicken. You can easily use any meat of your choice.
- Step 3 – Feel free to top the other tortilla with this Jalapeno Sauce for added flavor.
- Step 4 – Then place the tortilla on top of the cheese and chicken.
- Step 5 – Allow the tortilla to cook for a few minutes or until golden brown.
- Step 6 – Then flip tortilla so both cook with a crispy texture.
- Step 7 – Remove the tortilla from the skillet, slice and serve with your favorite sauce or guacamole.
How to Use Sauce:
This recipe is great for chicken quesadillas sauce, tacos or to use as a dipping sauce. Feel free to serve it many different ways for a tasty addition to any recipe.
- Taco Salad Dressing
- Spread on your Grilled Burgers
- Dipping Sauce for Tortilla Chips
- Spread to put on your Burrito
- Top your favorite Burrito Bowls
Frequently Asked Questions:
We do not recommend freezing this sauce since is a mayo and sour cream base. Once you thaw the sauce the texture will break down and may not taste as good. If you do decide to freeze it, make sure to place in a freezer safe container.
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Yes you can make this ahead of time. When I meal prep for the week, I like to make my homemade sauces and seasoning.
This gives time for the sauce to thicken and the ingredients to marinate together. Just store in the fridge in a jar to easily use with your favorite recipes.
More Easy Taco Bell Recipes:
- Taco Bell Cheesy Gordita Crunch Recipe
- Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe
- Easy Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this Taco Bell Creamy Jalapeno Sauce Recipe, make sure to leave a comment.
Taco Bell Creamy Jalapeño Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Chill until ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe