Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated. This easy stromboli recipe proves that. We are taking a classic stromboli recipe and jazzing it up a bit with ham and cheese. This super quick and easy recipe is great for dinner, but also fun for lunches too. You an easily feed a crowd or just enjoy it with the family at home.
Ham & Swiss Stromboli
You only need 4 ingredients!
- 1 tube refrigerated crusty French loaf (Pillsbury makes a good one)
- 6 oz thinly sliced deli ham
- 3 sliced green onions, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 6 oz. Swiss cheese
How to make Stromboli:
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Unroll French loaf onto a greased baking sheet.
2. Place ham all over, leaving ½ inch of an edge, place Swiss cheese on top of ham and sprinkle with green onions and bacon.
3. Roll up the dough jellyroll style and seal the ends by tucking them under.
4. Make several ¼ inch deep slits in the dough and bake seam side down.
5. Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Cool slightly before cutting and serving. Make sure you serve warm.
This Strombolis recipe is easy to change.
You can totally change this easy recipe to any type of strombolis you like. Here are a few suggestions:
- Turkey and Swiss
- Pepperonis, Sausage, and Mozzarella
- Turkey and Pepper-jack
- Ham, Pepperoni, and Mozzarella
How else can you make this easy Stromboli recipe?
You can freeze this Stromboli Sandwich:
This would be super easy to freeze. You can make several all at once. I would bake and cook like normal. Then I would cut and freeze on a cookie sheet and place in a freezer bag frozen. Then you can pull out how many you need. So if you only need two you can just pull out two. I would reheat in the microwave for an easy lunch or after school snack idea!